Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Hold up. Aren't 3 of these characters just flying bricks?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This version of Rogue probably doesn't have the strength and flight she absorbed from Carol since she never became Ms. Marvel.

Incredible Member

Whew! Way to bring that up after people have been talking about it already!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This version of Rogue probably doesn't have the strength and flight she absorbed from Carol since she never became Ms. Marvel.
    Ooh, and now I'm cautiously curious again. I always wanted to see a version of Rogue who had to use her own powers, and not Carol's. She might even learn self-control far earlier, with no flying brick powerset to fall back on. (Similarly, a version of Ilyanna that went all Blink and really explored offensive and defensive and utility options with her 'stepping disks' mutant power and didn't have her demon-sorcereress-with-magic-sword thing to fall back on could be neat.)

Frenzy and Sabra are different enough, I suppose. Frenzy seems stronger and tougher, but Sabra has the spy training and gadgets allowing flight and ranged attacks (paralyzing darts/quills, IIRC).

Could all of the characters be a little different since this is supposed to be a different world?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I always wanted to see a version of Rogue who had to use her own powers, and not Carol's. She might even learn self-control far earlier, with no flying brick powerset to fall back on. (Similarly, a version of Ilyanna that went all Blink and really explored offensive and defensive and utility options with her 'stepping disks' mutant power and didn't have her demon-sorcereress-with-magic-sword thing to fall back on could be neat.)
    Good point there! We're so used to Rogue with Carol's powers that this is an opportunity for us to see Rogue rely only her inherent power set and how quickly she adapt to powers she absorbs.
    …but Sabra has the spy training and gadgets allowing flight and ranged attacks (paralyzing darts/quills, IIRC).
    She has those quills in Earth-616, yes, who knows if the HR Mossad also will equip her?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ooh, and now I'm cautiously curious again. I always wanted to see a version of Rogue who had to use her own powers, and not Carol's. She might even learn self-control far earlier, with no flying brick powerset to fall back on. (Similarly, a version of Ilyanna that went all Blink and really explored offensive and defensive and utility options with her 'stepping disks' mutant power and didn't have her demon-sorcereress-with-magic-sword thing to fall back on could be neat.)

Frenzy and Sabra are different enough, I suppose. Frenzy seems stronger and tougher, but Sabra has the spy training and gadgets allowing flight and ranged attacks (paralyzing darts/quills, IIRC).
    And , as I said before, Emma could not had been with her second mutation and only as a telpath (but even then, she is really formidable).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Whew! Way to bring that up after people have been talking about it already!!
    Reading old comments is for hippies.
    "Cable was right!"

And without the whole Carol incident, Rogue might never have turned hero, which had a dramatic impact on her personality.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I suppose the writers could go a number of ways with this. It's possible that having Carol's powers also made absorbing other people's powers and psyche a bit easier for Rogue. Carol's strong psyche added to Rogue's may have given her a layer of protection that she otherwise would not have had, allowing her to avoid becoming too fragmented, or suffering from identity disorders as she used her powers more frequently. I suspect if this was an ongoing series the writers would probably explore that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Could all of the characters be a little different since this is supposed to be a different world?
    I hope they do. Magneto's Mutant Force (M-Force? M-Forcers??) would be a fun way to tweak all of the characters in some way. Maybe they're not "flying bricks" as someone noted in this universe.

Not quite.

Yes, Sabra does have superhuman strength, durability, stamina, healing factor, reflexes and other physical attributes of the class. But she also has the power to heal and bestow superhuman powers on others by transferring a fraction of her life force into them. No one has really expanded on this power, but I can think of several ways to build on that power, even to the point of making it a very powerful offensive weapon.

The reality is we don't know what Sabra's power set will be in Heroes Reborn, but she certainly doesn't have to be written like just another "flying brick". Then again, this is DC we're talking about. Lots of super folks and bat-type vigilantes running around on every corner.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The reality is we don't know what Sabra's power set will be in Heroes Reborn, but she certainly doesn't have to be written like just another "flying brick". Then again, this is DC we're talking about. Lots of super folks and bat-type vigilantes running around on every corner.
    Heh, she's like the anti-Rogue, a flying tank that *bestows* powers, rather than steals them!

It's also entirely possible that the writers have forgotten that her flight comes from a gadget, and, like Dragoness, she's going to retroactively be able to fly under her own power. :/

Heh, she's like the anti-Rogue, a flying tank that *bestows* powers, rather than steals them!
    Ha! Such beautiful counters, these two.

It's also entirely possible that the writers have forgotten that her flight comes from a gadget, and, like Dragoness, she's going to retroactively be able to fly under her own power. :/
    I'd actually be in favor of Sabra having her own power of flight, as opposed to a doohickey. I never liked the idea of someone that was a physical/kinetic combatant relying on devices that could easily get smashed when you're facing someone like, say, the Hulk.

And it wouldn't take much to amend her power. Sabra has the ability to bestow powers, but she also has the ability to take back the powers that she has bestowed. Might as well make that part of her history. She gave someone the random power of flight, they went bonkers and abused the power, so she took it back. Now she can fly. Same goes for her strength, invulnerability, etc.

Maybe she's a giver by nature, but she can't control the psychological side effects of imparting her life force. Giving too much pure energy to any soul can harm as much as heal. It can be too big of an enticement for humanity's darker impulses. So she's reluctant to use it. But sometimes to save a life, she has no choice.

It doesn't always end badly, but when it does, the life she saves could very well cost the lives of countless others. And maybe that monster already exists. But she's yet to find him, defeat him, and take her powers back. Meanwhile, the toll of dead bodies keeps increasing. Imagine the effect that would have on her. The crushing guilt. The maniacal obsession to want to track down and stop the deranged abomination that she helped create.

Yep, lots of ways you can go with a powerset like Sabra's.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-15-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    How about... the Hyper-Captain? Just think about.
    Sorry, pal, but it's not worth it. Hyperion doesn't stop being just a plastiche of Superman, the original; and many time his attitude is not worthy of the real Man of Steel. Superman and Captain America are the perfect matchs in many ways: Boy-scout's attitud, similar colors, greatest inpirations in their universes and the best representation of Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    You never know until we try.

Captain America + Dr. Manhattan = Captain Manhattan
    Captain America + Dr. Fate = Captain Fate
    Captain America + The Phantom Stranger = Captain Phantom
    Captain America + Lobo = Captain Loco
    You can combine Captain America with whoever you want, but you won't have as a good result as with Superman. They are perfectly similar to merge with each other. (And by the way, seriously, Captain America AND Lobo?).

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Calls my attention the fact that Magneto seems to be the only male in this group. I suppose the men of the Squadron Supreme literally massacred Mutants, but Power Princess couldn't deal with all the female Mutants all by herself.

PD: I don't know why, but the picture doesn't appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Man-Thing can teleport but he’s not a reality warper. This feels like blatant Mephisto.

I could see Boy-thing shielding Blade in some way, but for Boy-Thing to have caused this would be a huge power up
    The Puzzle made of the covers with the characters as "cards" is proof that Mephisto in behind this. he's clearly the mysterious figure behind the black zone in the center. (We can see his cape in Blur's cover and his hair in the up side of the puzzle).