Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1407
  1. #1111
    Ultimate Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would personally blame the corrupt justice system in Gotham more than Batman, as Batman didn't believe he was entitled to completely usurp the justice system even though it kept on failing to keep the likes of the Joker imprisoned or contained. At some point, relying on a vigilante to do what the justice system should have been doing itself would backfire, but that, to me, was more on the justice system and its corruption than it ever was on Batman, no matter what sense of responsibility Batman imposed on himself to take on for that city. That aside, your point in response about how the unwillingness to compromise is indeed the root of so much bloodshed and suffering in civil wars, whether fought by superhumans or normal people, is a good one.
    Your idea of vigilantes dealing out justice instead of the justice system, makes me recall Hawkeye killing Bruce Banner in Civil War 11, and how in his trial, Hawkeye was found not guilty on account of the justice system thought it was acceptable for a private citizen to kill the Hulk because that was seen as a public service. As shocked as everyone was Hawkeye was set free, you could see, in a world where crazy powerful figures like the Hulk could be killed off, how that is acceptable. Man, when world-breaker Hulk took one step on Earth and cracked it open like an earthquake, you could be excused for thinking it was reasonable people were afraid of the Hulk being there.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-11-2021 at 09:20 PM.

  2. #1112
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Your idea of vigilantes dealing out justice instead of the justice system, makes me recall Hawkeye killing Bruce Banner in Civil War 11, and how in his trial, Hawkeye was found not guilty on account of the justice system thought it was acceptable for a private citizen to kill the Hulk because that was seen as a public service. As shocked as everyone was Hawkeye was set free, you could see, in a world where crazy powerful figures like the Hulk could be killed off, how that is acceptable. Man, when world-breaker Hulk took one step on Earth and cracked it open like an earthquake, you could be excused for thinking it was reasonable people were afraid of the Hulk being there.
    And yet, many people sided with Hulk during "World War Hulk" when he revealed he came to avenge the death of his queen and his new home; as well as several citizens who had issues against Black Bolt, Tony Stark, Reed Richards and Doctor Strange because of their previous actions. This only proves how "unstable" people really is.

  3. #1113
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,447

    Default

    are you talking about fans or MCU citizens? because it sounds like you two are talking about different groups here
    The J-man

  4. #1114
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    are you talking about fans or MCU citizens? because it sounds like you two are talking about different groups here
    I have been talking of the characters in the comics. In the comics, one moment, people side with Hulk; and the next one, they want him dead.

    Anyway, returning to the main topic, I'm pretty sure Mephisto will reveal himself either in "Heroes Reborn #7" or in "Heroes Return #1". When that happens, and the Squadron discover their true natures, in case they have a chance to choice (which I doubt), do you think they will turn against Coulson and Mephisto?

  5. #1115

  6. #1116

    Default

    so power princess' headquarters is the statue of liberty? how did that happen?
    does she have a secret identity at all?

  7. #1117
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so power princess' headquarters is the statue of liberty? how did that happen?
    does she have a secret identity at all?
    Well, Princess Zarda used to go by "Claire DeBussey" but I do not know if she is still using that or another name.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  8. #1118
    Mighty Member marvelprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Oh god

    It just dawned on me this week while reading... I never caught the subtlety of it... Instead of all of the heroes being in New York...

    They’re in DC.

    *cough*

    DC
    Mindblown, brain chunks everywhere.

  9. #1119
    Mighty Member marvelprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have been talking of the characters in the comics. In the comics, one moment, people side with Hulk; and the next one, they want him dead.

    Anyway, returning to the main topic, I'm pretty sure Mephisto will reveal himself either in "Heroes Reborn #7" or in "Heroes Return #1". When that happens, and the Squadron discover their true natures, in case they have a chance to choice (which I doubt), do you think they will turn against Coulson and Mephisto?
    I think at least some of the world will end up turning. We’re shown that the team on some level knows things aren’t right but because this world is safe they’re willing to go along with whatever happened. But I think once the depths of the manipulation are revealed they’ll sacrifice themselves to revert things back to the way they were. Probably not all but I at least see Nighthawk going that way.

  10. #1120
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so power princess' headquarters is the statue of liberty? how did that happen?
    does she have a secret identity at all?
    Carol Danvers once used the statue as her HQ - and of course, everyone knows she's Captain Marvel (she left when she became boss of Alpha Flight). Zarda probably obtained it the same way Carol did.

    Wonder Woman doesn't maintain a secret identity nowadays, so it's no surprise that Power Princess doesn't either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  11. #1121

    Default

    washington DC still needs some superheroes after this is all over, particularly an African-American presence.

  12. #1122
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I think at least some of the world will end up turning. We’re shown that the team on some level knows things aren’t right but because this world is safe they’re willing to go along with whatever happened. But I think once the depths of the manipulation are revealed they’ll sacrifice themselves to revert things back to the way they were. Probably not all but I at least see Nighthawk going that way.
    I dunno. Given how cut and dry, 1-dimensional Aaron’s been writing them, I get the feeling that even in the face of the revelation, they’ll fight to maintain this reality because they’re not meant to be real heroes or even anything fleshed out, just brutes acting as caricatures of heroes.

  13. #1123
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have to say, however, they made an excellent choice turning the Green Goblin into Nighthawk's "Joker". Just too bad Peter Parker's life in this reality turned up being such garbage. If Nighthawk would have been there to become the Green Goblin's nemesis and take him out of Peter's life, pretty sure his life would have been way happier.
    Yeah, that would have been nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Your idea of vigilantes dealing out justice instead of the justice system, makes me recall Hawkeye killing Bruce Banner in Civil War 11, and how in his trial, Hawkeye was found not guilty on account of the justice system thought it was acceptable for a private citizen to kill the Hulk because that was seen as a public service. As shocked as everyone was Hawkeye was set free, you could see, in a world where crazy powerful figures like the Hulk could be killed off, how that is acceptable. Man, when world-breaker Hulk took one step on Earth and cracked it open like an earthquake, you could be excused for thinking it was reasonable people were afraid of the Hulk being there.
    Yeah, that's an interesting point you raise, too, although given the transgressions that led to Worldbreaker Hulk coming (back) to Earth, there were still people who sympathized or sided with him, even if some of that was outgrowth from how Hulk's particular targets had disgraced themselves in the eyes of those harmed by their actions in the just-concluded Civil War.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  14. #1124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that would have been nice.



    Yeah, that's an interesting point you raise, too, although given the transgressions that led to Worldbreaker Hulk coming (back) to Earth, there were still people who sympathized or sided with him, even if some of that was outgrowth from how Hulk's particular targets had disgraced themselves in the eyes of those harmed by their actions in the just-concluded Civil War.
    I definitely sided with the Hulk. I wanted to see him bust everybody up and he did. Especially Wolverine. He banged his brain off of the inside of his skull repeatedly. That was awesome!

  15. #1125
    Ultimate Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    And yet, many people sided with Hulk during "World War Hulk" when he revealed he came to avenge the death of his queen and his new home; as well as several citizens who had issues against Black Bolt, Tony Stark, Reed Richards and Doctor Strange because of their previous actions. This only proves how "unstable" people really is.
    I don’t recall people in the MU siding with the Hulk no matter what reason he had for tearing up New York, and their planet. To me, getting evacuated from your home, in case the Hulk destroys everything in NY because he has a beef with his old team mates, is no reason to side with the Hulk. To me he is the most frightening thing since Galactus, but people in the MU didn’t even see Galactus. Everybody saw the Stone Ship arrive, and then the Hulk busted Starks building like 9/11. And you can’t chase the Hulk away like Terrorists. But that’s just setting up the fear that Hulk instills in the MU.

    When Hawkeye killed Bruce Banner it was seen as a sane response because you know World Breaker Hulk is just under the skin, somewhere. Not that the people of the MU dislike the Hulk, but it’s like keeping a powder keg next door, like in Lebanon last year when that storage factory blew the city apart. You don’t keep the Hulk on Earth. I was more thinking the People of the MU agreed with the Illuminati to send the Hulk to another planet. Killing Banner was the next step.

    But it comes down to what do the people of the MU think is allowable as to justice for super humans? Is execution acceptable? To my mind, the people of the MU made their choice. It’s easier to kill super humans than have them be a threat.

    I know Iron Man had an opinion about that because Tony Stark was afraid the super hero community would get the “Watchmen” happening in the MU and that would eliminate all superhumans altogether, so Tony did not want a trigger point, and letting Hawkeye get away with killing the Hulk was unacceptable to that logic of not starting a process where superhumans became pariahs on Earth. The Earth needed super humans.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-12-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •