Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Personally, I blame Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns for taking "truth, justice, and the American way" to mean Superman would become a weaponized tool of the U.S. government and putting that impression of Superman in people's heads.
    Supes was already losing a lot of popularity in the jaded world of the 80s, but DKR was a huge nail in the coffin. Leave it to DC to be their own worst enemy. It wasn’t Marvel that destroyed Superman, the killer came from inside the house.

Then Injustice made sure their was no recovery possible. Great job DC.

In HR we’re seeing Captain America as Hyperion’s “kryptonite”. Aaron saying that he is the real champion of truth, justice, and the American way.

Of course Nighthawk, as the Batman of this universe, is the one who can see the truth. The perfect Batgod (Hawkgod?) no matter what universe he’s in.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-16-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What do you mean by "like DC comics"?
    It’s hard to explain. I recall from the DC comics in the 1960’s there was dialogue that was obvious, or clunky, or comic-booky. Stuff Marvel wouldn’t write like that deliberately in Heroes Reborn. Mind you, I do recall early Iron Man dialogue as being similar -“ I’ll beat him with my repulsor rays”, or “I’ll use my skates to get away”. But DC made their dialogue “nerdy”, is that the right word? Today, reading it, is cringeworthy, at least in Heroes Reborn?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    spoilers:
    Peter survived the fall...There is a newspaper headline in HR#2 that confirms it.
    end of spoilers
    Whoa, good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Reed and Sue's relationship doesn't rely on them getting powers. If they're not together, where the hell is she? She can't be with Namor, they would've never met if she wasn't the Invisible Girl.
    Yeah, the Namor thing is a good point. Sue, where are you darling?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Supes was already losing a lot of popularity in the jaded world of the 80s, but DKR was a huge nail in the coffin. Leave it to DC to be their own worst enemy. It wasn’t Marvel that destroyed Superman, the killer came from inside the house.

Then Injustice made sure their was no recovery possible. Great job DC.

In HR we’re seeing Captain America as Hyperion’s “kryptonite”. Aaron saying that he is the real champion of truth, justice, and the American way.

Of course Nighthawk, as the Batman of this universe, is the one who can see the truth. The perfect Batgod (Hawkgod?) no matter what universe he’s in.
    On Hyperion, so you’re thinking Hyperion being groggy near Cap is a sign Hyp is affected by having his Hypocracy questioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    This scene doesn't have sense, you know? I mean, if the members of the Squadron Supreme of America are just symulacrums created by Mephisto, they shouldn't have souls, right?
    On the contrary, Mephisto's whole business is based on souls, he's got plenty of those. That said, I think this event is going from bad to worse. Let's wait for the mandatory "we are squabbling among ourselves but we need to band together to fight the big bad off" moment...

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    On the contrary, Mephisto's whole business is based on souls, he's got plenty of those. That said, I think this event is going from bad to worse. Let's wait for the mandatory "we are squabbling among ourselves but we need to band together to fight the big bad off" moment...
    Yeah, generally speaking the lore holds that demons can't create life ex nihilo. It's what separates them from God. But they can take the life and souls that already exist and contort/corrupt them to their wishes. And by "lore" I mean outside of comics. It would be fairly easy for Mephisto to take some of the souls already in his possession, find some human bodies, and fashion a small army. The only real catch is that the lore also holds that demons must consume souls, whether it be humans or other demons. They don't stockpile them in a cupboard somewhere for a rainy day. They devour them for both sustenance and empowerment, and like addicts are off to score the next batch of souls before they've crapped out the last batch of souls they just ate as vile ectoplasmic goo. Mephisto probably has enough incoming souls and self-restraint that he can set aside 6-7 souls for shenanigans like making the Squadron Supreme. But most lesser demons would just eat the souls. Why waste a good meal when you know whatever clever plan you've just devised will come to naught in the end?

Astonishing Member

There are a few things worrying me about this whole mess:

1º) I think it's obvious that, in the end, the Avengers will restore the real world. But what would happen with the Squadron Supreme next? I mean, they are basically mindless puppets under the command of Coulson and Mephisto (even if they don't know it). I can't shake the feeling that they will eventually discover their real natures, and when they do, what will happen next? Since they are nothing but brainless simulacrums, they will likely stay under the bad guys' control; but if by mere surprise they do manage to free themselves... What will they do then? Nighthawk is based on Batman, and Batman has a very sad historial about turning against the rest of the Justce League in the past. Could Nighthawk be the key for the Squadron's freedoom?

2º) I have seen the preview of issue #3, showing us "Grizzly City" as the parody of DC's Gorilla City and Ursa Major as counterpart of Gorilla Grodd. but you know something funny?, they could have actually created a "Gorilla City" here with another russian supervillain: The Red Ghost and the Super-Apes. Why didn't they use him instead? They didn't want to make it too obvious.

3º) Personally, I'm a little tired of this old plot of the Squadron Supreme being enemies for the Avengers just by the fact that they are based on the characters of Marvel's main rivals (DC). They are all heroes, so why can't they just all work together for the same goal of protecting the world? For once, I wouls like to see the Squadron and the Avengers working together instead of against each other. Pretty sure they could make some great things.

Astonishing Member

Oh, boy! This is crazy!! I knew Mephisto was behind all this, but how was he even capable to surpass...? Well, you know... (I don't want to say a blasfemy).

Variant by Inhyuk Lee for KRS comics

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Variant by Inhyuk Lee for KRS comics
    I wonder if they would've gotten into copyright issues if they'd posed her like that iconic Stephanie Brown Batgirl cover.

I can’t bring myself to read this but I am definitely tempted.

It occurs to me that Blade is basically playing the "Morpheus" role in this "Heroes Reborn Matrix" reality. lol. Intriguing.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    2º) I have seen the preview of issue #3, showing us "Grizzly City" as the parody of DC's Gorilla City and Ursa Major as counterpart of Gorilla Grodd. but you know something funny?, they could have actually created a "Gorilla City" here with another russian supervillain: The Red Ghost and the Super-Apes. Why didn't they use him instead? They didn't want to make it too obvious.
    Marvel and DC did something similar in Amalgam. Gorillagrad formerly Gorilla City claimed Wakanda as part of its territory, and Secretary of State Kragoff and his Super-Apes were delegation sent to negotiate with the Bronze Tiger.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES