Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

So with the tie-ins the "point" of this event become clear and I'm frankly glad that Aaron isn't better at it because "isn't it great that these comics are realistic unlike those other guys" is one of my least favorite themes but I am liking this series. I do kind hope that the Squadron means well just because that's more interesting but they've clearly had a negative influence on the world as a whole.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is Hyperion's day job, again? Is he based in New York City or Washington, D.C.
    Any fictional cities show up yet, analogs to metropolis, gotham, central city, star city, national city, etc.?
    As a matter of fact, all DC's fictional cities (Metropolis, Gotham, Central City...) are all based in different aspects of New York. I mean, Metropolis could be Manhattan, while Gotham could be Bronx. (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Doesn't make who a hero? I was criticizing Hyperion and saying that we have no reason to think Hulk is a villain since we didn't see him do anything wrong. Since Hyperion's judgement of Hulk was wrong, there's a good change that his characterization of Namor and Winter Soldier and Black Widow are equally wrong.
    Hyperion is a mindless brute programmed with an extreme patriotism. It has blind faith in the goverment as sees himself as its greatest champion, which brings a monstruous ego.

Calls my attention, however, how is it his powers doesn't seem to work on Captain America. His Atomic Vision didn't seem to work on Steve Rogers, and for some reason, he suddenly felt weak. I don't know why, but if this happens in the final fight, I can't wait for Cap to wipe the floor with this wannabe "superjerk".

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    You know? This doesn't have sense. I mean, if this Squadron Supreme are nothing but simulacrums created by Mephisto, then they shouldn't have souls in the first place. Right?

Mighty Member

How is Heroes Reborn? I am hesedent to pick this up because I thought this was just a rehash on the old heroes Reborn and the few or many tie-ins of the new one makes me thing dollar signs for marvel

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I am not complaining about this turn of events for Blur...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Only 3 of the FF are accounted for?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    I am not complaining about this turn of events for Blur...
    This scene doesn't have sense, you know? I mean, if the members of the Squadron Supreme of America are just symulacrums created by Mephisto, they shouldn't have souls, right?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    This scene doesn't have sense, you know? I mean, if the members of the Squadron Supreme of America are just symulacrums created by Mephisto, they shouldn't have souls, right?
    Well Meph can rustle up something else to put in those bodies can't he?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Only 3 of the FF are accounted for?
    Yeah, no Sue yet. spoilers:
    Johnny showing up in the Starjammers story was a surprise though, so maybe she'll show up somewhere unannounced? If she still ended up marrying Reed then it's even possible that Franklin and Valeria still exist.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Unless Mephisto gave them souls. or whatever Wanda pulled out of him isn't a soul in the conventional sense

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'm betting on the magical reboot, specially if they are coppying/paying homage/satyrizing/making fun of/etc... DC, which, supposedly always corrects/confuses its continuity with "hard reboots", while Marvel claims to do it with "soft tweaks". Who knows, they might even use this to solve some corners they've painted themselves into, such as the Pym death/merger with Ultron. They might also use the opportunity to rewrite some characters' stories and even race/gender swap some key characters, saveing them a lot of trouble in the PC future.

Peace
    Maybe. After all, they didn’t show Peter Parker/Brood splatter in the concrete when he jumped. Maybe Peter sprouted wings? And the Hulk? I can never consider he gets killed. His gamma composition just makes me think he heals back like Wolverine. Even Hawkeye killing him in CW11 didn’t take.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Reed and Ben are shown as normal humans in this world
    Yes, I just read issue 2 as well. It looks like the FF never went into space, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Reed did still make it. He works for SHIELD Labs, they obviously turned them into a STAR Labs expy instead of a spy organisation. But Ben and Reed don't have their powers. We haven't seen Sue so far, and Johnny has Sam Alexander's Nova powers.
    I got impression Reed didn’t like the NZ prison existed, but, that could be after years of reflection after the fact, so, it’s possible Reed still made it.Yes, Reed and Ben don’t have powers, and Johnny is a Nova, I just wonder? Maybe Reed and Sue never got together? There is no Franklin or Val?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    So with the tie-ins the "point" of this event become clear and I'm frankly glad that Aaron isn't better at it because "isn't it great that these comics are realistic unlike those other guys" is one of my least favorite themes but I am liking this series. I do kind hope that the Squadron means well just because that's more interesting but they've clearly had a negative influence on the world as a whole.
    The dialogue is kinda tacky like DC comics, but I suppose that’s the Coulson/Mephisto view of what superheroes are like. Schmultzy. The Blade and Captain America POV sets that against each other. It’s almost like revisiting Justice League versus Avengers Event from way back.