Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Marvel was once "The House Of Ideas"

Then it became a "Condo Of Concepts"

Then an "Apartment Of Atrophy"

Then a "Trailer Of Terrible"

Then a "Tent City Of WTF"

Now it's a "Cardboard Box Filled With Bulls***"
    I don't know, Marvel have been pretty solid last few years.
    Certainly a huge improvement over the post Marvel Now era.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    At the same time they are still running on epic crossovers and just the big name characters. I really want Marvel to get back to solid, character driven stories while also giving the B-Team a time to shine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Just a personal opinion but i think any comic company with an ongoing universe will get worse with time to a reader that's been a fan for years. It's like a drug, you'll never catch that same high that you did when you first started reading.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    At the same time they are still running on epic crossovers and just the big name characters. I really want Marvel to get back to solid, character driven stories while also giving the B-Team a time to shine.
    The only mass Crossover they've had in the last few years base been King in Black.
    Most of the other events have had respective tie-ins mostly in minis.
    I wouldn't even say some of the events have been that big, Empyre was mostly going to affect Guardians, of which Ewing is also writing that, and War of the Realms was really the conclusion to a seven year story arc.
    Even KiB doesn't touch that many on-goings, although I do agree, I would like to see a break from events for a while.
    But still, Venom, Hulk and Daredevil are among the best selling and critical successes every month, X-men is getting pushed after being left in the gutter for years.

The fact we are getting Eternals and SWORD is always a good thing too.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... so if the Malibu characters can't "directly" be used (I doubt it) why not come up with some pastiche characters of them?
    Wait a sec, why can't Marvel use Malibu characters? I thought they owned them all outright.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

The "Marvel has no more original ideas" joke got old the last 10 years you guys said it. What if stories have a staple of Marvel...these look like they are no different than that really.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    The "Marvel has no more original ideas" joke got old the last 10 years you guys said it. What if stories have a staple of Marvel...these look like they are no different than that really.
    What If..? stories belong in a What If...? series...not in the main titles as a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wait a sec, why can't Marvel use Malibu characters? I thought they owned them all outright.
    From what I recall, though Marvel bought Malibu, who owned the characters, there is a catch that, though they have no actual say in how their creations are used, the creators of the characters recieve small royalties if they are used in anyway, and Marvel/Disney, doesn't seem to think it's worth using the IPs if they have to do that.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

What If..? stories belong in a What If...? series...not in the main titles as a gimmick.
    Have we heard yet if this is something that will run in the main titles?

I'm still hoping this is a series of one-shots or something, like the "Acts of Evil" annuals from a year or so back...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yeah, I would expect it to be one-shots or minis, starting in May. Not part of ongoings.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    From what I recall, though Marvel bought Malibu, who owned the characters, there is a catch that, though they have no actual say in how their creations are used, the creators of the characters recieve small royalties if they are used in anyway, and Marvel/Disney, doesn't seem to think it's worth using the IPs if they have to do that.

Peace
    Got it. In that case, bye bye Ultraverse characters. Marvel has so many of their own characters sitting in limbo that they don't really need the Ultraverse characters. And what they don't already have, they can create.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Just a personal opinion but i think any comic company with an ongoing universe will get worse with time to a reader that's been a fan for years. It's like a drug, you'll never catch that same high that you did when you first started reading.
    Ain't that the truth!

I think I may have plateaued somewhere between 1998-2001, and boy has it been a rough 20 yrs trying to hit that high again...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Have we heard yet if this is something that will run in the main titles?

I'm still hoping this is a series of one-shots or something, like the "Acts of Evil" annuals from a year or so back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I would expect it to be one-shots or minis, starting in May. Not part of ongoings.
    If it is one shots or the like then OK...but if they put it in the main titles

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I do kinda see this statement and kinda agree to an extent. I have a lot of nostalgia and really love the eras from 2001-2004, mostly for the Ultimate Universe. I started collecting the main 616 stories right after that but those 2001-2004 comics really get to me.

I will admit however the the Marvel Now era, while I wasn't a fan at the time, was one of the better eras since the 80's with some of the more recent stuff being able to top that.

Marvel could go downhill at anytime however, much like DC, they feel the need to shake things up every few years and focus on other areas, sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't.
    I'll say Marvel has a better track record in that when an experiment fails, they are keen to move on while DC stay on it for a bit longer.

Ultimate Member

Well they can't because the line starts to the left of folks including gators and those who have TOUCH a Marvel book in 30 years are going to throw fits about it. Along with certain store owners.

I mean Scarlet Witch and Vison had books but everyone was too busy throwing fits about POC lead books especially Ms marvel.

Think Tony Isabella and Black Lightning issue.

Nobody wants to PAY those creators. Nor let those creators BUY back their creations.

Also one of those creators is Gerald Jones.

While others have already died.