Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wonder how the Silver Witch runs, dodges and looks where she is going while also concentrating and casting her hexes?
    She uses the Speed Force, or whatever Marvel names it to avoid getting sued

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    hehehehehe. She must, cause one super-speed slip, trip or fall and she can be out of it for good.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I wonder how the Silver Witch runs, dodges and looks where she is going while also concentrating and casting her hexes?
    She has the Combat Casting and Quicken Spell feats.

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#combatCasting
    https://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#quickenSpell
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Man, of all the amalgams of the Kooky Quartet. I would have mashed up Quicksilver and Hawkeye for a super-speedy archer, and Captain America and the Scarlet Witch for a mystically-enhanced hand to hand fighter with a magical shield with a pentacle on it that protects them from magic and has other magical properties.

But Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch? Meh. Kind of already seen a sorceress who specialized in time magics in the Legion of Super-Heroes, with Glorith. (The most recent version, not the villain from the 60s!)

I would expect Silver Witch and Blur to have such a thing at their disposal. Blur, after all, is an ersatz Flash, so logically his powers should be identical to Barry's and Wally's, like how Hyperion has all of Superman's powers and Doctor Spectrum has Green Lantern's.

I'd call the Speed Force the Whizz Force - after golden age hero the Whizzer. I'd suggest Whizzspeed, but that might get them in trouble with Britain's DC Thomson (no relation to DC Comics!), publisher of the long running kids humour anthology comic Beano, which features a kid speedster called Billy Whizz who calls his super speed whizzspeed (for those who don't know, my avatar is another Beano character, Roger the Dodger).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-01-2021 at 09:21 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    HEROES REBORN #1

Written by JASON AARON

Art by ED MCGUINNESS

Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

HEROES REBORN #2

Written by JASON AARON

Art by DALE KEOWN & ED MCGUINNESS

HEROES REBORN #3

Written by JASON AARON

Art by FEDERICO VICENTINI & ED MCGUINNESS

HEROES REBORN #4

Written by JASON AARON

Art by JAMES STOKOE & ED MCGUINNESS

Is that lady in the shades still Carol?

It really feels like Aaron is making a Justice League pitch.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

HEROES REBORN #1

Written by JASON AARON

Art by ED MCGUINNESS

HEROES REBORN #2

Written by JASON AARON

Art by DALE KEOWN & ED MCGUINNESS

HEROES REBORN #3

Written by JASON AARON

Art by FEDERICO VICENTINI & ED MCGUINNESS

HEROES REBORN #4

Written by JASON AARON

Art by JAMES STOKOE & ED MCGUINNESS

So, is this a one month mini with all four issues in May?

BANNED

Silver witch and the Crystal vision, coming this summer

With Blade remembering reality, I guess this the Avenger's version of AoA and the New Warriors' Forever Yesterday stories. I was hoping that it was an alternate reality instead, and somehow these Squadron Supreme people were moved over to the main universe, just like Gruenwald's version.

I just want an explanation on what happened to 616 Nighthawk (white Kyle), Hickman's Hyperion, Gruenwald's Power Princess and the New Universe's Blur.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Silver Witch's magical power allows her to break probability and defy the normal laws of physics, so you really don't need a "scientific" Speed Force equivalent. If you think about it, the way the Speed Force operates in the DC Universe, it behaves more like a magical construct than a scientific one.

HEROES REBORN: MAGNETO & THE MUTANT FORCE #1

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW

RELEASE DATE: May 2021

CAN MAGNETO RESURRECT HOPE FOR MUTANTKIND BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE?

Years ago, Magneto and Professor X led Earth’s mutants in a final push for independence against the Squadron Supreme of America. What followed was the Squadron’s Mutant Massacre, a violent rebuttal that left Mutantkind forever wounded, and Xavier dead…or so Magneto thought. Years later, Magneto discovers Xavier clinging to life in the astral plane and gathers his allies for a first-of-its-kind rescue mission. Too bad the same mission puts the Mutant Force back on the Squadron’s radar! Failure means the last gasp of Mutant-kind, but success means the first breaths of something even more elusive to the mutants of Heroes Reborn: HOPE.

I flinched at first but Steve Orlando as writer sorta softens the blow. I did like his run on Wonder Woman. I did not know the Squadron Supreme were actually the villains of this event. So it's basically the premise of "The Boys," where the public falsely perceives them as heroes, but they're actually genocidal monsters.

I flinched at first but Steve Orlando as writer sorta softens the blow. I did like his run on Wonder Woman. I did not know the Squadron Supreme were actually the villains of this event. So it's basically the premise of "The Boys," where the public falsely perceives them as heroes, but they're actually genocidal monsters.
    Yeah, they were pretty much portrayed as brainwashed tools of the U.S. government in the comic. (This version of the team, anyways.)

HEROES REBORN: MAGNETO & THE MUTANT FORCE #1

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW

RELEASE DATE: May 2021

CAN MAGNETO RESURRECT HOPE FOR MUTANTKIND BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE?

Years ago, Magneto and Professor X led Earth’s mutants in a final push for independence against the Squadron Supreme of America. What followed was the Squadron’s Mutant Massacre, a violent rebuttal that left Mutantkind forever wounded, and Xavier dead…or so Magneto thought. Years later, Magneto discovers Xavier clinging to life in the astral plane and gathers his allies for a first-of-its-kind rescue mission. Too bad the same mission puts the Mutant Force back on the Squadron’s radar! Failure means the last gasp of Mutant-kind, but success means the first breaths of something even more elusive to the mutants of Heroes Reborn: HOPE.
    Ah, of course...tie-ins .

Orlando writing the X-Men, even a warped X-Men, should be interesting.