Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So then Blur is a totally different character, and not just the Whizzer with a new name?
    Blur I think is from the New Universe that somehow lived after that planet was destroyed and end up with the Squadon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Are we talking about the Blur from Robinson's Invaders? He was the last survivor of the New Universe Earth that got destroyed during the incursions.
    Yes. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Are we talking about the Blur from Robinson's Invaders? He was the last survivor of the New Universe Earth that got destroyed during the incursions.
    I am not sure, lol. The Blur that will be in this Squadron book, I had asked who he is since I thought their speedster was the Whizzer.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am not sure, lol. The Blur that will be in this Squadron book, I had asked who he is since I thought their speedster was the Whizzer.
    Blur was the New Universe character who survived after the 616 reboot after Secret Wars/Battleworld and was on the Squadron team that killed Namor
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jeffr...(Earth-148611)

This Blur is Mephisto's version of the Squadron's speedster.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Stanl...um)_(Earth-616)

Whizzer was the name of the Squadron's (Earth-712) speedster.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Stanl...rt_(Earth-712)

But...Yes...you are correct...the original Squadron Supreme speedster is Whizzer.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-03-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Blur was the New Universe character who survived after the 616 reboot after Secret Wars/Battleworld and was on the Squadron team that killed Namor

Yup you're right, I also mixed-up Robinson's two teams, Invaders and SS.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jeffr...(Earth-148611)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Stanl...um)_(Earth-616)

Whizzer was the name of the Squadron's (Earth-712) speedster.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Stanl...rt_(Earth-712)

But...Yes...you are correct...the original Squadron Supreme speedster is Whizzer.
    Thanks! That was so interesting to read.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    It's kinda ingenious that Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, and Sam Alexander are all sidekicks in a world where the first Spider-Man never existed. This book is giving me Yesterday vibes.
    Yeah it's kind of one of those "aha moments" because of course since the Avengers were never around in this universe, the Younger Generation would've naturally ended up becoming inspired by the Squadron instead.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    So the Team Squadron are just the Teen Titans analog? A shame they didn't go with The NEW Teen Titans version, with Changeling, Raven, Cyborg and Starfire analogues.
    Speed could have been Kid Flash from the original Teen Titans.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

They probably just wanted to call him Blur because nobody can hear "Whizzer" without laughing anymore. Even the Squadron Sinister one goes by Speed Demon now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah it's kind of one of those "aha moments" because of course since the Avengers were never around in this universe, the Younger Generation would've naturally ended up becoming inspired by the Squadron instead.
    That too, but it's also giving me Yesterday vibes since without the first Spider-Man in real life, all the teen heroes that came after him would still be sidekicks. I'm hoping all the Avengers missing in the book get a bit of that same historical treatment.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 02-03-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Fantastic Member

Wait, I thought this was the solicit for Children of the Atom?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Curious. So does no Avengers mean nobody who has ever been an Avenger? Because Miles no longer being Spider-Man would seemingly indicate Peter Parker wasn't the original Spider-Man in this continuity either.
    No, I bet Peter Parker is going to be the analog to Jimmy Olsen.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

HEROES REBORN: HYPERION & THE IMPERIAL GUARD #1

RYAN CADY (W) • MICHELE BANDINI (A) • Cover by CHRIS SPROUSE
    Variant Cover by BEN CALDWELL
    The teenage Hyperion’s cosmic quests with his Shi’ar friends near their end, but none of the young heroes are ready to say farewell. A quick mission in the Negative Zone sounds like the perfect coda to a storied fellowship...but what awaits Hyperion, Gladiator and the rest is horror and agony beyond their wildest nightmares!
    Also included in this issue: a special preview of the new spinoff series, THE STARJAMMERS!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

You know, in a weird way I kind of respect Marvel's restraint on this event. If this were 4 or 5 years ago, the entire line of comics would've been halted to forcibly tie into this storyline rather than just being one-shots.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

HEROES REBORN: HYPERION & THE IMPERIAL GUARD #1

RYAN CADY (W) • MICHELE BANDINI (A) • Cover by CHRIS SPROUSE
    Variant Cover by BEN CALDWELL
    The teenage Hyperion’s cosmic quests with his Shi’ar friends near their end, but none of the young heroes are ready to say farewell. A quick mission in the Negative Zone sounds like the perfect coda to a storied fellowship...but what awaits Hyperion, Gladiator and the rest is horror and agony beyond their wildest nightmares!
    Also included in this issue: a special preview of the new spinoff series, THE STARJAMMERS!
    When do we say..."You know the point when you went a little to far....it's right there behind you...."

Yes I know...the SS is the JL and Teen Hyperion is SB and the IG is the LoS.