Page 21 of 94 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get where they're going with Kamala and Power Princess but "Girl Power" doesn't work as well as "Power Girl." Sounds like she's also an expy of the Wonder Girls.
    Specifically Cassie Sandsmark, as she gets her powers from finding a Utopian artifact. They had to call her Girl Power instead of Power Girl because of the existence of Karen Starr and Tanya Spears, two DC heroes by that name. Miles is inspired by Red Robin (the dead Falcon being a Jason Todd analogue, and he has wings like Tim did in New 52) and Sam I would guess Teen Lantern, as Green Lantern never had a sidekick until Bendis added her to Young Justice (at the end of that series, she became John Stewart's sidekick, and will be working alongside him and Far Sector's Jo Mullein in the new GL book).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    They're still giving Kamala a tie to the Inhumans, of a sort. Since Earth-712's Zarda and the rest of the Utopians are that reality's Inhumans but without Terrigenesis, if the HR Zarda is also of the Kree-experimented Utopians Kamala's powers are therefore Inhuman/Utopian derived.
    They are indeed Utopian derived, but from an artifact, not genetics.

It seems like Peter was never Spider-Man.

So he's Tim Drake?
    Yeah, Peter doesn't have powers - he's basically Jimmy Olsen - and yes, Miles is cast as Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wasn't their speedster the Whizzer?
    Originally, yes. But it was Blur in Robinson's ANAD series, and Aaron kept the name for his Flash analogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Are we talking about the Blur from Robinson's Invaders? He was the last survivor of the New Universe Earth that got destroyed during the incursions.
    Invaders didn't have Blur. But yeah, it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    No, I bet Peter Parker is going to be the analog to Jimmy Olsen.
    You called it! The solicitation for Amazing Shutterbug confirms that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yes I know...the SS is the JL and Teen Hyperion is SB and the IG is the LoS.
    Yeah, and Young Squadron is the Teen Titans and Seige Society is Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They already did. A couple of years ago DC did an event called "Metal" and they did spin-offs using old and new characters that were not direct parodies of Marvel titles, but were analogues and homages to various Marvel archetypes...Sideways (Spiderman), The Terrifics ( FF), Damage (The Hulk), Silencer ( Punisher)...there was another one that was the 70's version of The Defenders, but I can't remember the title.
    The Unexpected. Yeah, they usually do this from time to time. Now is Marvel turn.
    You're missing a couple more - The Curse of Brimstone (Ghost Rider) and New Challengers (another Fantastic Four take).

So...Justice League Europe vs the good Thunderbolts with Hawkeye and Black Widow?
    And Ant-Man. Though quite how Scott Lang still got his powers if Hank Pym isn't around... I thought for sure Scott would be powerless in Heroes Reborn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if Marvel is planning to spawn any new on-goings or minis from these one-shots. It would be like Future State, where DC is giving Yara Flor, Tim Fox Batman, and Red Hood continued development beyond the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I wonder if Marvel is planning to spawn any new on-goings or minis from these one-shots. It would be like Future State, where DC is giving Yara Flor, Tim Fox Batman, and Red Hood continued development beyond the event.
    I don't think they're viewing this event that seriously.

Astonishing Member

At most it’s probably just more material in the Squadron’s “for script treatment” file if Feige ever wants to do the victory lap

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

You won this trial sir, but remember, I Will Be Back. Dundun dun dundun.
    Ha ha! I shall honor your challenge, my august and noble opponent, when the time comes.

You do make a great point. With both Hyperion and Gladiator appearing in that book, it's possible that Marvel plans to make Gladiator the Mon-El character -- at least in that alternate universe. It wouldn't take much tweaking to do that. Instead of an Eternal, like Hyperion, they could make Gladiator a Deviant, more or less mirroring the relationship between Kryptonians and Daxamites. We'll know for sure if they give him a name like Nom-El.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You'd think there would be at least one new character introduced that finds their way back to 616 reality. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Ha ha! I shall honor your challenge, my august and noble opponent, when the time comes.

You do make a great point. With both Hyperion and Gladiator appearing in that book, it's possible that Marvel plans to make Gladiator the Mon-El character -- at least in that alternate universe. It wouldn't take much tweaking to do that. Instead of an Eternal, like Hyperion, they could make Gladiator a Deviant, more or less mirroring the relationship between Kryptonians and Daxamites. We'll know for sure if they give him a name like Nom-El.
    May the providence bless your path.

I don't think they go that deep, most probably this will be an story inspired in the Legion tales, with both characters in their analogs roles, but without any retcon included. Basically this is a tale about Marvel saying how better are their characters by showing a world were their characters doesn't exist: the civil identities are not heroes, the more greyish heroes are directly villians (Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye seems to be) and the DC analogs are the ones in charge of the protection of the world. We know the heart and objetive of the story, but the execution is what wil be judged.

However something has called my attention and is an absence: Where is Namor?? Should not he be the "Aquaman" in this Squadron? Ah, but Namor precedes Aquaman, and he he was the guy who first found Cap in the ice. Coincidence?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I know people aren't gonna like it and it's probably gonna be pretty bad, but I love wacky side-events like these. Especially from a meta perspective.

May the providence bless your path.

I don't think they go that deep, most probably this will be an story inspired in the Legion tales, with both characters in their analogs roles, but without any retcon included. Basically this is a tale about Marvel saying how better are their characters by showing a world were their characters doesn't exist: the civil identities are not heroes, the more greyish heroes are directly villians (Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye seems to be) and the DC analogs are the ones in charge of the protection of the world. We know the heart and objetive of the story, but the execution is what wil be judged.

However something has called my attention and is an absence: Where is Namor?? Should not he be the "Aquaman" in this Squadron? Ah, but Namor precedes Aquaman, and he he was the guy who first found Cap in the ice. Coincidence?
    Maybe Namor would be treated like Black Manta instead? Ant-Man Scott Lang is a villain as well (he's on the Siege Society team with Clint and Natasha).

Come to think of it, we know what's going on with the core three Champions, but what about the New Warriors and Young Avengers? Several Young Avengers probably don't exist (Hulkling, Wiccan and Speed) and neither would Viv Vision from the Champions. With Clint being a villain, would Kate be one too? She was one in the Ultimate Universe (she was Miles's girlfriend but turned out to be working for HYDRA). Most of the New Warriors have no direct link to the Avengers - would they still exist as is? I think they'd at least not have Firestar and Justice because the mutants seem to be almost extinct, while Namorita depends on what's going on with Namor. We can assume Rich Rider was never a Nova, as Sam Alexander isn't one. Would he, like Sam, have a different identity, maybe as a previous Kid Spectrum?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver amalgam Silver Witch is also on the cover. They too originated briefly as villains in the Marvel U.

"After the Civil War that split the Squadron Supreme in half, Nighthawk formed his own Squadron in Europe," reads Marvel's description. "But not all of Europe is okay with it. Baron Zemo has put together his own team to take them down and the Squadron doesn't stand a chance."
    This is starting to look based. Wished it wasn't called Heroes Reborn tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is starting to look based. Wished it wasn't called Heroes Reborn tho.
    Is it wrong that I'm excited for this version of Hawkeye because he looks closer to the version of Hawkeye I want to read and is likely to be more competent than the loser idiot Fraction flavored version that was in Freefall? Plus Kate Bishop is nowhere in sight.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Is it wrong that I'm excited for this version of Hawkeye because he looks closer to the version of Hawkeye I want to read and is likely to be more competent than the loser idiot Fraction flavored version that was in Freefall? Plus Kate Bishop is nowhere in sight.
    I'm happy to see Hawkeye wearing something that doesn't involve a t-shirt and shades.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Lang's outfit looks a lot like Eric O'Grady's.

Incredible Member

I'm happy to see Hawkeye wearing something that doesn't involve a t-shirt and shades.
    This. I keep hoping for a return to something more classic.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I'm most hyped for Coulson and Siege Society tbh.