Page 25 of 94 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    So I can believe this Squadron Supreme of America would cross any line, like brainwashing or mind controlling to make America great.
    Possibly. But as history and current events instructs us, they don't really need a technological device for that. All they need is irrational fears and/or hatred and a big enough lie. And maybe that would be a good story concept for the next Squadron Supreme 12 part limited series?

The Squadron will see the Avengers as villains in their "perfect world", but if the Squadron Supreme is who finds Cap instead of the Avengers and joins their team; I could see him adapting the wings of Red Raven and becoming something like Blue Eagle, who was like a mix between Hawkman and Captain America.
    I think Captain America will be one of the anchors necessary to bring this reality back into balance with the mainstream. Blade will be another. I think Hyperion will complete the trinity. They'll probably be the only three that realizes none of this is right.

But it's not a terrible idea to have Cap merged with someone from DC lore. I probably would choose something crazy like Cap + OMAC, or Cap + Orion of the New Gods.

And I don't think EVERYTHING since the creation of the Fantastic Four has been rewriting. I mean, think about this:
    + The Fantastic Four don't have their powers, which I suspect it could be because the Squadron (probably Hyperion) saved them from the accident with Cosmic Rays.
    + There's a Hulk in this universe, which means Banner's history should be the same; at least until the Squadron decides to take care of him instead of General Ross.
    + It seems we have a powerless Peter Parker in this world, but I want to believe Peter actually got his powers, but never got the motivation to use them. (Which means it's very probable that Uncle Ben is still alive here).
    + This reality's version of Thor doesn't have much sense, however. Shouldn't he still be trapped in his "human disguise" as Doctor Donald Blake?
    Don't get me wrong, I totally hope they cherry pick whatever elements they feel necessary to make it a fun event. That's kind of the lure of working with an alternate reality environment. I just wish they'd expand their roster to include some characters who never see the light of day. AE stories are perfect for that.

As for Thor, you're right, he should be either Donald Blake, or somewhere learning humility under one of Odin's edicts. Poor Thor -- the only grown man that still gets put on restriction by his dad. Sad, yet oh so funny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Possibly. But as history and current events instructs us, they don't really need a technological device for that. All they need is irrational fears and/or hatred and a big enough lie. And maybe that would be a good story concept for the next Squadron Supreme 12 part limited series?
    Quite true. But even so, Nighthawk is their Batman, which means he's the tactical genius. It's easy to leave a brute like Hyperion to "take out the trash", but if they find someone useful and that can be controled, why waste the opportunity? That's what Nighthawk would think.

I think Captain America will be one of the anchors necessary to bring this reality back into balance with the mainstream. Blade will be another. I think Hyperion will complete the trinity. They'll probably be the only three that realizes none of this is right.

But it's not a terrible idea to have Cap merged with someone from DC lore. I probably would choose something crazy like Cap + OMAC, or Cap + Orion of the New Gods.
    Quite sure about that role for Cap, but I don't think Hyperion will be one of them. I mean, why he would like to undo his "American Dream" to make the world into a mess at the Avengers' hands? And after seeing how easily the Phoenix Force defeated him, I don't think he wants to get "out of his programming" ever. Hyperion, Nighthawk and Power Princess represent DC's Trinity (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman), while Marvel's Trinity in the Avengers is formed by Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

Back in Amalgam, Captain America had the best possible fusion when he was merged with Superman to become "Super-Soldier". I don't think that combination can be surpassed.

Invincible Member

I wouldn't mind seeing this. Heck, even in "The Serpent Crown Affair" it was suggested that they ( and the rest of the public) were less directly mind controlled and just believed what they were told by powerful people.

Quite true. But even so, Nighthawk is their Batman, which means he's the tactical genius. It's easy to leave a brute like Hyperion to "take out the trash", but if they find someone useful and that can be controled, why waste the opportunity? That's what Nighthawk would think.

Quite sure about that role for Cap, but I don't think Hyperion will be one of them. I mean, why he would like to undo his "American Dream" to make the world into a mess at the Avengers' hands? And after seeing how easily the Phoenix Force defeated him, I don't think he wants to get "out of his programming" ever. Hyperion, Nighthawk and Power Princess represent DC's Trinity (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman), while Marvel's Trinity in the Avengers is formed by Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

Back in Amalgam, Captain America had the best possible fusion when he was merged with Superman to become "Super-Soldier". I don't think that combination can be surpassed.
    How about... the Hyper-Captain? Just think about.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

You never know until we try.

Captain America + Dr. Manhattan = Captain Manhattan
    Captain America + Dr. Fate = Captain Fate
    Captain America + The Phantom Stranger = Captain Phantom
    Captain America + Lobo = Captain Loco

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Emma back in that outfit and Magneto in a wheelchair .

And Rogue's hair...

Mighty Member

i'm wondering if boy-thing is responsible for sending everyone to this new reality. I think man-thing is supposed to be able to send people to different universes and realities. I wonder if boy-thing, still not knowing how to control his powers, sent everyone to this world to avoid the Phoenix or something to that effect. Just one reason I can imagine why Blade is the only one who remembers anything.

Man-Thing can teleport but he’s not a reality warper. This feels like blatant Mephisto.

I could see Boy-thing shielding Blade in some way, but for Boy-Thing to have caused this would be a huge power up
    Last edited by Jabare; 02-13-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Emma back in that outfit and Magneto in a wheelchair .

And Rogue's hair...
    Really curious to see how they explain Rogue, considering her first appearance was in Avengers and she was working on Mystique's orders to take out Carol Danvers.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Alright, I’ll give the artist props for making everyone on mutant force look hot. Erik in that long-tailed coat with the hair peaking out of his helmet, yum

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Man-Thing can teleport but he’s not a reality warped. This feels like blatant Mephisto.

I could see Boy-thing shielding Blade in some way, but for Boy-Thing to have caused this would be a huge power up
    maybe that's what happened. i'm guessing boy-thing has something to do with how he keeps his memories though.

Glad to see Frenzy is in this and in the forefront on the cover too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I recognize Magneto, Rogue and Emma btu who are the other two ladies?
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I recognize Magneto, Rogue and Emma btu who are the other two ladies?
    Frenzy on the bottom and Sabra in the white/blue