Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Sabra is a character who I think could have made a great stand-in for Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Super Girl, etc. I'd take her over Carol Danvers being Marvel's first female any day.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    You know, this made think more of Birds of Prey (the comic) than Doom Patrol.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I honestly wasn't sure which DC team they were mirroring. Whether Doom Patrol or Birds of Prey (which would be a fun idea), there are a number of mutants that more closely fit DC's model. That said, I'm not going to knock a team too much that has both Sabra and Frenzy on it. But I probably would have swapped out Magneto for Cassandra Nova and Emma Frost for someone normally aligned with the Squadron Supreme -- like Arcanna Jones. Maybe combine her with Illyana Rasputin. But I guess they need Emma to sell books.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I honestly wasn't sure which DC team they were mirroring. Whether Doom Patrol or Birds of Prey (which would be a fun idea), there are a number of mutants that more closely fit DC's model. That said, I'm not going to knock a team too much that has both Sabra and Frenzy on it. But I probably would have swapped out Magneto for Cassandra Nova and Emma Frost for someone normally aligned with the Squadron Supreme -- like Arcanna Jones. Maybe combine her with Illyana Rasputin. But I guess they need Emma to sell books.
    need Emma to sell books? Cassandra Nova isn't a mutant to begin. And Magneto is a best seller character

But I probably would have swapped out Magneto for Cassandra Nova and Emma Frost for someone normally aligned with the Squadron Supreme -- like Arcanna Jones. Maybe combine her with Illyana Rasputin. But I guess they need Emma to sell books.
    Why Arcanna Jones specifically? Zatanna has never been a part of the Birds of Prey roster. I'm pretty sure Emma is on the team because her dry wit matches the style of humor in BoP books. They certainly don't need her to sell a book that already has Mags and Rogue in it.
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-14-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Ngl if the hair was white I'd love that as a long term look for storm

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Why Arcanna Jones specifically?
    I like Arcanna Jones and because she was a member of the Squadron Supreme who was an analog for Zatanna. But in a Birds of Prey environment she could be an analog for Black Alice, Gypsy or some of the other mystics that have been on the BOP roster. I didn't see a version of Arcanna in the other titles, so I thought it wouldn't be an entirely terrible idea for her to appear here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Man, what a line up. Rogue and Sabra and Frenzy? That's a whole lot of tank. Like fielding a team of five X-dudes with Colossus, Gentle and Strong Guy. Generally, just one is fine. Mixing it up with some more blastery/controllery mutants like Firestar, Dazzler, Vertigo or Lady Mastermind might be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Cassandra Nova isn't a mutant to begin.
    Before the retcon, the original Changeling wasn't a mutant, either, yet he headed up the X-men masquerading as the Professor at Xavier's request. I know we're in this weird "mutants only" phase of X-men lore, but trust me when I say that Xavier's dream wasn't to segregate mutants from other species. Having Cassandra in the chair, so to speak, could make for an interesting dynamic in this alternate universe. That's not to say that I fail to grasp Magneto's appeal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Man, what a line up. Rogue and Sabra and Frenzy? That's a whole lot of tank. Like fielding a team of five X-dudes with Colossus, Gentle and Strong Guy. Generally, just one is fine. Mixing it up with some more blastery/controllery mutants like Firestar, Dazzler, Vertigo or Lady Mastermind might be nice.
    Usually when I see a team like this my first thought is, "Who is the enemy?" But in this case it's cool to just roll with it. If I'm still around when this title is released I might pick it up.

Before the retcon, the original Changeling wasn't a mutant, either, yet he headed up the X-men masquerading as the Professor at Xavier's request. I know we're in this weird "mutants only" phase of X-men lore, but trust me when I say that Xavier's dream wasn't to segregate mutants from other species. Having Cassandra in the chair, so to speak, could make for an interesting dynamic in this alternate universe. That's not to say that I fail to grasp Magneto's appeal here.
    Yes, he was a mutant. He could change his appearance to look like anyone (before Mystique).

He just did not have any telepathic powers. When Prof X lent him some slight telepathic powers (the retcon you are speaking of), it also activated the Changelings minor telekinetic powers as well. The interesting part is that this was actually originally shown in the story of Changeling helping Jean telekinetically to destroy the oscillitron before it could explode, although it did explode anyway.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Maybe not everyone there is, in that reality, a tank. Without Carol Danvers as Miss Marvel, Rogue never could had stolen her powers and she stays with her basic absorbing powers, no fly, no superstrengh. And with Emma, did she reach second mutation here or not? These could be weaker versions fo their former selves.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, he was a mutant. He could change his appearance to look like anyone (before Mystique).

He just did not have any telepathic powers. When Prof X lent him some slight telepathic powers (the retcon you are speaking of), it also activated the Changelings minor telekinetic powers as well. The interesting part is that this was actually originally shown in the story of Changeling helping Jean telekinetically to destroy the oscillitron before it could explode, although it did explode anyway.
    You're right, good catch. I confused Changeling with the Mimic being the first non-mutant to join the X-men.

You're right, good catch. I confused Changeling with the Mimic being the first non-mutant to join the X-men.
    No problem. There is so much history and characters!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No problem. There is so much history and characters!
    That and my old age is starting to show.