Page 28 of 94 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Sorry, pal, but it's not worth it. Hyperion doesn't stop being just a plastiche of Superman, the original; and many time his attitude is not worthy of the real Man of Steel. Superman and Captain America are the perfect matchs in many ways: Boy-scout's attitud, similar colors, greatest inpirations in their universes and the best representation of Hope.
    I... I can't refute something I agree with.

You can combine Captain America with whoever you want, but you won't have as a good result as with Superman. They are perfectly similar to merge with each other. (And by the way, seriously, Captain America AND Lobo?).
    But the fun part of combinations is not just combining similitudes but diferences and try to make it work in your mind.

Calls my attention the fact that Magneto seems to be the only male in this group. I suppose the men of the Squadron Supreme literally massacred Mutants, but Power Princess couldn't deal with all the female Mutants all by herself.
    Or maybe it is just... Magneto's Harem.

The Puzzle made of the covers with the characters as "cards" is proof that Mephisto in behind this. he's clearly the mysterious figure behind the black zone in the center. (We can see his cape in Blur's cover and his hair in the up side of the puzzle).
    Altering realities seems to be his deal. I wonder, how many marriages this cost to do?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    (And by the way, seriously, Captain America AND Lobo?)
    Figured that one would raise some eye brows.

Incredible Member

Really interested in this story ever since their teaser in avengers. As a fan of the N52 I'm liking the N52 inspiration.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Really interested in this story ever since their teaser in avengers. As a fan of the N52 I'm liking the N52 inspiration.
    Actually, I believe this story was spoiled in the teaser from "Avengers #700". There were several images making references to incoming stories, like "Age of Konshu", "War of the Realms", and the Starbrand's staff. I believe the part where Hyperion was breaking Captain America's shield was a reference to "Heroes Reborn"; and the part with Man-Thing must be a reference to "Curse of the Man-Thing".

I just wonder what happened to the 616 because of what happened with this Heroes Reborn? The cross contamination of some characters are curious, as was the legacy of the Champions being altered. Some things are the same, like the X-Men. But it’s just like Wanda Maximoff’s said “ Get rid of the first super heroes”, and see what comes up. There’s no FF, Spider-Man, Avengers, Iron Man, Cap. The only one who seems to have made it into this distorted universe is the green Hulk. Remove everyone else and the silly little super heroes after 1965 deviate into these distorted versions. It appears to be a What If?

Or this is one of those alternative futures from Age of Ultron where Wolverine and Invisible Woman take a time machine and kill a few people.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-18-2021 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

HEROES REBORN: MAGNETO & THE MUTANT FORCE #1

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW

RELEASE DATE: May 2021

CAN MAGNETO RESURRECT HOPE FOR MUTANTKIND BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE?

Years ago, Magneto and Professor X led Earth’s mutants in a final push for independence against the Squadron Supreme of America. What followed was the Squadron’s Mutant Massacre, a violent rebuttal that left Mutantkind forever wounded, and Xavier dead…or so Magneto thought. Years later, Magneto discovers Xavier clinging to life in the astral plane and gathers his allies for a first-of-its-kind rescue mission. Too bad the same mission puts the Mutant Force back on the Squadron’s radar! Failure means the last gasp of Mutant-kind, but success means the first breaths of something even more elusive to the mutants of Heroes Reborn: HOPE.
    Magneto's Angels
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    What they don't tell you is that this fight really started because Frenzy demanded that Hyperion give her great-grandmother her girdle back. As you can see from the image, everyone's really just trying to get it off of him. The man doesn't know the difference between "borrow" and "keep."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel's Heroes Reborn Gets Minimalist Variant Covers From Jeffrey Veregge

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-heroes-re...eregge-covers/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

It call my attention one of the new covers, with the Squadron on the left side and Mephisto's face in the right. I suppose the second part of this art will have the Avengers facing the Squadron, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    What they don't tell you is that this fight really started because Frenzy demanded that Hyperion give her great-grandmother her girdle back. As you can see from the image, everyone's really just trying to get it off of him. The man doesn't know the difference between "borrow" and "keep."
    LOL! This is what I thought of as well.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't Netflix Luke a police officer before he became Luke Cage?

Power Princess is jacked asf.

Wow those shoulders! Those trapezius! Artgerm always delivers, I owe him my life for drawing that Wonder Woman #750 cover.

They turned Luke Cage as a cop for this? Regardless if its a alternate universe, this is really bad timing.

Further proof this event is a garbage fire.