Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

Power Princess is jacked asf.
    Feels like I'm just looking at Diana here, though .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    yeah, true.

The cover has started circulating online. Watching people find out about Power Princess for the first time is amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The cover has started circulating online. Watching people find out about Power Princess for the first time is amusing.
    Well, they seem to know enough that they call the Squadron a "knock-off" of the JL, but then are amazed that one character so resembles another. (?)

Another way they could look at it is to simply enjoy the character of Power Princess for who she really is and not make comparisons. Same for the rest of the team.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, they seem to know enough that they call the Squadron a "knock-off" of the JL, but then are amazed that one character so resembles another. (?)
    I think the issue here is that every other Squadron Supreme character is pretty identifiable in terms of design. No one is going to confuse Hyperion with Superman, for example. However, this current Power Princess design is so close to Wonder Woman that I cannot blame anyone for being confused. The tiara is basically the same shape, she has a similar gold chest piece, etc. Sure, there's no star on the tiara, and the chest piece isn't an eagle or W or whatever, but every single thing about this design corresponds to an element on some version of a Wonder Woman costume.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamglide View Post
    However, this current Power Princess design is so close to Wonder Woman that I cannot blame anyone for being confused.
    But they know this is Marvel, not DC. So no reason to be confused. Also, if they can call one a "knock-off" of the other, then they already know of "the other" so there is no confusion. They may just not like that Zarda resembles Diana.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

she isn't muscly like this

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That was a failure, though, of the creators who introduced Power Princess. She came about 10 years after the original group --- and was more of a blatant ripoff than the original crew.

I mean, at first glance, no one would mistake Hyperion for Superman. I always thought they should have used a parallel version of Thundra -- being that she was a modern day twist on Wonder Woman -- and that her color scheme matched Hyperion's -- same as Diana's matched Kal's.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Exactly. But I guess that's the whole point. Too bad they made Hyperion a ginger.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That was a failure, though, of the creators who introduced Power Princess. She came about 10 years after the original group --- and was more of a blatant ripoff than the original crew.

I mean, at first glance, no one would mistake Hyperion for Superman. I always thought they should have used a parallel version of Thundra -- being that she was a modern day twist on Wonder Woman -- and that her color scheme matched Hyperion's -- same as Diana's matched Kal's.
    Power Princess' creators did, indeed, drop the ball by making her look too much like Diana. I would have gone with Nubia. But as you mentioned, Marvel has no shortage of women who could portray WW, including Thundra, Ganymede, Topaz, and others. I'm not sure why they haven't revamped the character's appearance yet. I doubt that they ever will.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Black panther as Ronin is an interesting one

Incredible Member

I always preferred the purple clad, helmeted version of Zarda to be honest.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Thirded. First reaction was who posted Diana here, then oh.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES