Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Soo what’s iron man role in this event?
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Soo what’s iron man role in this event?
    Tony never became Iron Man and hasn't gotten his character development.

BANNED

I don't even get why they use the Heroes Reborn brand at all?
    That wasn't a good event to start with, and this had nothing to do with that event.
    Maybe just the premise part of heroes in alternate reality.
    It's the same as Age of X-Man and Age of Ultron.

So Nighthawk has basically usurped Spider-Man in this universe, down to the Rogues and spinoff characters.

Makes sense, right? Batman is DC's most popular character, and Spider-Man is Marvel's. Though funnily enough, Peter himself ended up as an analogue to one of Superman's supporting cast (Jimmy Olsen) and not someone Batman connected.

I'd say Nighthawk also usurped Captain America, considering the use of Sam Wilson as his sidekick.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-06-2021 at 04:07 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I don't even get why they use the Heroes Reborn brand at all?
    That wasn't a good event to start with, and this had nothing to do with that event.
    And the Champions aren't the 1975 Champions and the Defenders aren't the original Hulk/Dr. Strange/Namor Defenders and the Marauders aren't those Marauders and Agents of Atlas aren't those Agents of Atlas.

Marvel likes to repurpose names. It's not the first time. It won't be the last.

I think they just like to remind us from time to time that these brand names are theirs to use as they wish, and not necessarily tied to one specific character or set of characters, hence we have have a totally different dude slinging around calling himself Spider-Man, or someone else calling themselves the Hulk, or even another Thor, or, a 'Fantastic Four' composed of Spider-Man, Wolverine, the Ghost Rider and the Hulk!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-06-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Makes sense, right? Batman is DC's most popular character, and Spider-Man is Marvel's. Though funnily enough, Peter himself ended up as an analogue to one of Superman's supporting cast (Jimmy Olsen) and not someone Batman connected.

I'd say Nighthawk also usurped Captain America, considering the use of Sam Wilson as his sidekick.
    The thing is, as originally conceived, Peter Parker/Spider-Man took a lot of inspiration from both Batman and Superman, albeit via deconstructing or subverting their familiar tropes. For example, unlike Batman, a multibillionaire in civilian life who could come and go as he wished, Peter was a high school (later college) student who had to work to support himself and his widowed aunt. Unlike Superman, who was beloved by just about everyone that wasn't a criminal or Lex Luthor, Spider-Man was feared, distrusted, and even outright hated, with the very media outlet he worked for as Peter Parker also smearing his alter ego. That was another contrast to Superman, who as Clark Kent worked for a media outlet that held both his identities in great esteem, whereas J. Jonah Jameson of The Daily Bugle regularly berated Peter Parker and maligned Spider-Man as a public menace.

Also, while Peter modeled his costumed alter ego after a much-feared animal like Bruce Wayne did with bats, his costume was colored red and blue like Superman's, and although Batman intended to be feared by criminals, Spider-Man was just as much feared by civilians and authorities, so he didn't necessarily enjoy the cozy relationship with the police that Batman had with Gotham City PD's Commissioner James Gordon. Another point of difference between Batman and Spider-Man was that while Batman had moral support and other material assistance in his crimefighting activities by his butler-turned-father figure Alfred Pennyworth, Peter Parker had to keep his identity a secret from his widowed aunt, portrayed as an emotionally and physically frail older woman whose reaction to his wall-crawling alter ego was fear and revulsion, no different from most other civilians.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tony never became Iron Man and hasn't gotten his character development.
    I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Tony become the Lex Luthor of this setting.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I can see Tony developing more advanced weaponry to sell to the highest bidder without caring about the consequences, but not like overtly evil.

If they do go for something like that though, I imagine he and Hyperion will have some words...and maybe went to high school together.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Lex Luthor with hair...Someone's been watching the first season to Dean Cain's Superman series I see

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Nighthawk has basically usurped Spider-Man in this universe, down to the Rogues and spinoff characters.
    Apparently. I mean, the Green Goblin is Nighthawk's "Joker", Gwen Stacy is his "Batgirl", and Felicia Hardy could be his... Catwoman? (I don't like the sound of that). Also, it appears "Gwen Stacy's death" has become Marvel's version of "Jason Todd's death".

Anyway, I don't think Nighthawk has usurped just Spider-Man. Pretty sure it actually usurped ALL the Marvel Heroes of "street level". That should include Daredevil, Moon Knight and others.

Besides, not all Spider-Man's enemies would be at the level of Nighthawk. Some of them could be covered by Hyperion. For example, Electro could be Hyperion's "Live Wire".

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Actually, it all depends of the abilities of each member of the Squadron Supreme. They all cover one aspect of Earth's most dangerous threats, which cover several Marvel Heroes. See:
    + Hyperion covers the most dangerous and physically powerful threats; like gamma monsters (Hulk), killer robots (Ultron) and several others.
    + Batman (I mean... Nighthawk) covers the "human factor" and the "street level". That would cover heroes like Spider-Man, Moon Knight and Daredevil. The human factor also cover heroes of that level, like Captain America or Black Panther.
    + Power Princess covers the "mystical and magic factor", like the usual enemies confronted by Hercules, Thor or maybe Doctor Strange.
    + Doctor Spectrum clearly cover the Alien threats, which covers the foe's galleries of the Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel and similar. That includes Thanos, Super Skrull and others.
    + I'm not sure about the part that Blurr could cover, but it might include "street level" that Nighthawk can not. Although some covers seems to indicate he has a connection with magic.

I think I know what Mephisto is planning with the Squadron Supreme, and it's not good.

First of all, since Tony Stark never became Iron Man, he never stopped making weapons, and that's a BIG problem. And second, in all realities where there's a Squadron Supreme, humanity ends up turning against them and try to destroy them with nuclear weapons. (Usually, only Hyperion survives). By the look of the solicitations, although the Squadron Supreme present themselves as "America's greatest heroes", it would appear the rest of the world sees them as a super-menace. It seems Canada has been destroyed, Europa rejects the idea of Nighthawk's own Squadron, and something tells me the reason Doctor Doom is Hyperion's nemesis is because Hyperion might have destroyed Latveria when it turned into a menace to the USA.

Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if (in a similar way to DC's Flashpoint), the story ends up with the whole world launching a nuclear holocaust against USA in an attempt to destroy the Squadron Supreme. That would definitely destroy the whole planet, unless someone undoes the "Rebirth" and restore the world back to how it was.

oh god jason aaron's gonna write his own watchmen
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    oh god jason aaron's gonna write his own watchmen
    To be fair, Squadron supreme predated watchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Anyway, I don't think Nighthawk has usurped just Spider-Man. Pretty sure it actually usurped ALL the Marvel Heroes of "street level". That should include Daredevil, Moon Knight and others.
    Daredevil is still active in Heroes Reborn, under the name Saint.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman