Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

look what you did, you upset kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I mean it looks about the same as the current Justice League team and its only a short time event
    It honestly doesn't. The current Justice League team is Batman, Superman, Hippolyta, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Flash, Aquaman, Black Adam and Naomi. Green Lantern, who Doctor Spectrum is based on, isn't on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Bumblebee is based on...a bumblebee. She didn't even shrink. The idea that if there's a similarity it can only have happened through deliberate plagiarism is really dumb.
    She does shrink nowadays though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    look what you did, you upset kurt
    Kurt should come back and write the Avengers and the Thunderbolts. I would be ecstatic. His Astro City was/is phenomenal. I wish that would come back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She does shrink nowadays though.
    That doesn't retroactively mean she was created as a ripoff.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Kurt should come back and write the Avengers and the Thunderbolts. I would be ecstatic.
    Thanks. THE MARVELS 1, by me and Yildiray Cinar, comes out next week, so maybe that'll have some of the flavor you like.

His Astro City was/is phenomenal. I wish that would come back too.
    It will.

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Marvel practically is admiting than the Imperial Guard is a rip-off, sorry, a "homage" to the Legion of Super-heroes.
    The Imperial Guard was created to be part of an "unofficial crossover" with LEGION, not unlike when Marvel had the Squadron Supreme in AVENGERS and DC had the Heroes of Angor in JLA, or when Marvel had the invaders fight a team called the Crusaders who were all analogues of the Freedom Fighters, and DC had the Freedom Fighters battle a team called the Crusaders who were all analogues of the Invaders.

But DC had schedule trouble with their half of it, and then decided to scrap it, because it would have been delayed enough that it would have felt like a response, not a fun surprise.

It has been speculated, but never (I think) confirmed that some of the faux X-Men characters created for the Legion to fight did show up, though, as the League of Super-Assassins, including Neutrax (Professor X), the Silver Slasher (Wolverine) and Blok (Colossus).

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It honestly doesn't. The current Justice League team is Batman, Superman, Hippolyta, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Flash, Aquaman, Black Adam and Naomi. Green Lantern, who Doctor Spectrum is based on, isn't on the team.
    No, it does. The post I was replying to called this team (Squadron) "the whitest team ever." Firstly, I disagree with that notion in a historical comicbook context. Secondly, just looking at that aspect of these two teams I'd say they are fairly similar at the moment.
    The J-man

Thanks. THE MARVELS 1, by me and Yildiray Cinar, comes out next week, so maybe that'll have some of the flavor you like.

It will.

kdb
    Already on my pull list Kurt. Looking forward to more Astro City down the road.

The Imperial Guard was created to be part of an "unofficial crossover" with LEGION, not unlike when Marvel had the Squadron Supreme in AVENGERS and DC had the Heroes of Angor in JLA, or when Marvel had the invaders fight a team called the Crusaders who were all analogues of the Freedom Fighters, and DC had the Freedom Fighters battle a team called the Crusaders who were all analogues of the Invaders.

But DC had schedule trouble with their half of it, and then decided to scrap it, because it would have been delayed enough that it would have felt like a response, not a fun surprise.

It has been speculated, but never (I think) confirmed that some of the faux X-Men characters created for the Legion to fight did show up, though, as the League of Super-Assassins, including Neutrax (Professor X), the Silver Slasher (Wolverine) and Blok (Colossus).

kdb
    That's interesting. Never knew that.

Peace

kdb
    That is a very interesting bit of information, Kurt. Thanks for sharing it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    How is in a rip-off discusions you people forget this from some pages ago? Shame on you.

Marvel practically is admiting than the Imperial Guard is a rip-off, sorry, a "homage" to the Legion of Super-heroes.

It is not plagiarism,it is "homage". Also, imitation is the best form of flattery, it is said.
    This was never a secret. Dave Cockrum was the artist on Legion before he left DC and came to Marvel to help co-create the new X-Men. He even brought a couple of early design meant for the Legion ( Nightcrawler and a cat-lady version of Strom).

Imperial Guard as teenagers, huh.

Okay, so Oracle is the Saturn Girl stand-in so of course she and Hyperion are flirting .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Scott and Alex on that cover with their dad, will it reflect what's in the issue itself? Looks like the Starjammers is a mix with Groot and Rocket thrown in.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES