Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I am sorry but that is some of the most cringiest dialogue i have read in any book.

"You have broken my hand by flexing your super-neck muscles, but how???"

As far as non-canon stuff, i think i am better off reading the Mech Avengers.
    It's supposed to be tongue and cheek, poking fun at the DC heroes.

Anyway I thought this was a good set-up issue for the new world. I wish I hadn't read all the promotional material, because not too much new was established in this.

Incredible Member

The issue seems just ....average. Usually these event books have issue #1 end with a big reveal that makes you want to follow the rest of the series to see how it ends, but this one just ended with what we already knew.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I literally have no idea what I just read.... Like who's the rip-off wonder woman? Why does any of this matter? The Silver Witch looks goofy.
    46 pages into a thread about this and you still don't know who the Wonder Woman knock-off is? Why did you bother picking this issue up then?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I thought the first issue was decent, the art is awesome,
    but the mystery doesn't intrigue me, it's probably just Mephisto, so not really any suspense to the story.
    I enjoyed the issue, but I agree that there is really no mystery since Coulson most likely did a pact with Mephisto.

That said it was good enough. I will continue with the rest of the event.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 05-05-2021 at 10:38 AM.

I literally have no idea what I just read.... Like who's the rip-off wonder woman? Why does any of this matter? The Silver Witch looks goofy.
    Power Princess. She's named on the very same page she first shows up on

Mighty Member

only real mystery at this point is why Blade was able to retain his memory. It also appears like the Squadron Supreme and Coulson are also aware this isn't how reality used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I enjoyed the issue, but I agree that there is really no mystery since Coulson most likely did a pact with Mephisto.

That said it was good enough. I will continue with the rest of the event.
    I don’t think it’s meant to be a big mystery. Even the characters in story knew where to start looking. Still looks fun, its a cool setup and I like the Squadron so interested to see more of them. Particularly this Nighthawk.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I don’t think it’s meant to be a big mystery. Even the characters in story knew where to start looking. Still looks fun, its a cool setup and I like the Squadron so interested to see more of them. Particularly this Nighthawk.
    Yea. I think it speaks to how great a character Batman is that I was immediately captivated by the cheap knock off version. Was hoping we'd get a fight between Blade and Nighthawk.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    46 pages into a thread about this and you still don't know who the Wonder Woman knock-off is? Why did you bother picking this issue up then?
    1 because I'm grown & I can do whatever I want, 2 what makes you assume I been following this **** for 46 pages I read it cause I liked the cover.

The entire Squadron Supreme is a rip-off Justice League, so you could ask the same thing about Blur, Nighthawk, Doctor Spectrum and Hyperion, not just Power Princess. PP just happens to look the closest to her counterpart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by journey View Post
    i literally have no idea what i just read.... Like who's the rip-off wonder woman? Why does any of this matter? The silver witch looks goofy.
    it"s not rip off....it"s a homage!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The issue seems just ....average. Usually these event books have issue #1 end with a big reveal that makes you want to follow the rest of the series to see how it ends, but this one just ended with what we already knew.
    the age of apocalypse/jl knockoff that outlined its entire plot in variant covers isn't going to do anything crazy, this event is just another arc of aarongers that brevoort realized he could inflate into a bloated event
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

When written well, I can enjoy the Squadron. I do not focus on the idea that they were based on the DC JL.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Having read issue 1 i must ask whats the point of this ? Why should I care?
    Why, your money, of course! And if they siphon enough wallets, we'll get plenty more "epic" events like this in the future. There'll be no stopping them. Isn't it cool?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    It's supposed to be tongue and cheek, poking fun at the DC heroes.

Anyway I thought this was a good set-up issue for the new world. I wish I hadn't read all the promotional material, because not too much new was established in this.
    How is it poking fun of the DC heroes exactly? I mean it's Doom saying it, which makes it even more cringe because it's not something he would say lol.