Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course, Jon Kent as Superman is still happening.
    Yes. That and the Authority book by Morrison with Clark as their leader (which is supposed to be in the future). I don't mind Jon. I like him. I do feel aging him up was a mistake, but that is another matter. I just find it too much of a "coincidence" that this drops around the same time when DC was originally going to do 5G. Marvel serving up a universe more DC than the one that was supposed to drop with 5G.
    Not really a issue.

I just find it uninspired that we are getting the same alternate universe type storyline we've seen countless times before. Ed's art was a treat. I get what Aaron is going for, but that guy hasn't delivered much that I've liked in years now. Still, just the first issue. Hopefully he serves up some surprises because these often play out the same way and it is looking like Mephisto's stink is all over this.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for what I call the baby giantesses, like Power Princess (6'8"), Hela (7'), Frenzy (6'11") She-Hulk (6'7"), Thundra (7'2"), Bouncing Betty (her exact height hasn't been published, but she looks taller than 6'8"), and a few others that I'm forgetting.
    For the continued list of Mini-Giantesses I want to throw in Volcana in there at 6’5”.

Though I’m surprised perhaps that in HR#1 Zarda got like one page of content and that was it? Just her facing off against All Gogg.
    Last edited by Cataphract; 05-07-2021 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    The point of the Silver age dialogue is basically that Coulson is a fan of heroes, even reading comics, that cringe stuff where it was a clear good vs bad, white and black world, it's because that is Coulson's idea of how heroes should be, the Squadron Supreme are literally made to represent those Silver age comics from the past, like saying Coulson thinks that is how heroes should be, so he made his Squadron like that.

It's the point of that universe, it's not as complicated and well developed as the current comics, this are simply the Squadron are the greatest heroes who always win and they defeat the villains, even killing them.

The Silver Age dialogue is done to make a point that the current universe is based on those comics and that old world, even exagerating the personality of the characters.
    This is sorta my point: You don't have to like what Aaron is doing to recognize that he's doing it. You can still hate him and it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    For the continued list of Mini-Giantesses I want to throw in Volcana in there at 6’5”.

Though I’m surprised perhaps that in HR#1 Zarda got like one page of content and that was it? Just her facing off against All Gogg.
    Volcana is big but not super-strong like all of the other ladies on the listings.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Volcana is big but not super-strong like all of the other ladies on the listings.
    She can be quite strong, when she shifts to her Volcanic Rock form (I'm assuming we are talking about Marsha Rosenberg Volcana?).

Peace

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

And there's Titania, who frequently appears as a villain in She Hulk stories. She is a like a sister in power to Volcana since they were both created by Doom in Secret Wars . Some Marvel Handbooks list her at 6'6"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And there's Titania, who frequently appears as a villain in She Hulk stories. She is a like a sister in power to Volcana since they were both created by Doom in Secret Wars . Some Marvel Handbooks list her at 6'6"
    Right. For awhile, Titania was the strongest one, until old Shulkie moved up.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Right. For awhile, Titania was the strongest one, until old Shulkie moved up.
    I always liked that Titania and Crusher Creel stayed together after all this time. I think they did have one break up but it didn't last long.

I always liked that Titania and Crusher Creel stayed together after all this time. I think they did have one break up but it didn't last long.
    Yeah, even bad guys and gals need some lovin' too, lol.

Amazing Member

Black Bolt (2017) was great in showing that. Also it looks like they may be joining Gamma Flight...

I wonder though with the Butterfly Effect where everyone is in the series. Something like Secret Wars must have happened if the Symbiote is around and possessed by the Black Skull but maybe Titania and Volcana were never created - or the former transferred her rivalry to Power Princess.

When Steve Rogers gets out of his ice I wonder what Black Skull’s reaction will/would be?

I also like this.

Peace

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm sure there will be much more for Zarda in this event. I know Hyperion appears on just about every cover, but imho Zarda is the more compelling character between the two. Of course, I feel that way about Superman and Wonder Woman as well. If Superman was the only character in all of comics, I never would have become a comic book fan.

Amazing Member

News bit about “The Amazing Shutterbug” ie Peter’s view of not being Spider Man in the HR-Verse

https://www.gamesradar.com/who-is-pe...19ob2xe4gwfTYg

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm sure there will be much more for Zarda in this event. I know Hyperion appears on just about every cover, but imho Zarda is the more compelling character between the two. Of course, I feel that way about Superman and Wonder Woman as well. If Superman was the only character in all of comics, I never would have become a comic book fan.
    If she does anything to hurt Kamala Khan I’ll get the pitchforks and torches ready.
    Last edited by Cataphract; 05-07-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If she does anything to hurt Kamala Khan I’ll get the pitchforks and torches ready.
    Ha ha! Well, technically this is an alternate Earth Kamala, so anything is possible and anything goes. Safe disclaimer: "The real, main Earth Kamala was not harmed in the making of this event."
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

You never know, this could end like Flashpoint where the entire Earth explodes.