Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I know, I said it was unlikely; but it's just that I would find way more interesting to see what it could happen if the Avengers and a version of the Squadron Supreme would work together instead of punching each other's faces.
    In Hickman's run on the Avengers, he had the New Avengers try to work with a Justice League-esque team, but they ended up fighting because the Avengers were the flawed heroes, and not the Justice League. I found it refreshing that the DC heroes were portrayed more favorably compared to the Marvel heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    In Hickman's run on the Avengers, he had the New Avengers try to work with a Justice League-esque team, but they ended up fighting because the Avengers were the flawed heroes, and not the Justice League. I found it refreshing that the DC heroes were portrayed more favorably compared to the Marvel heroes.
    You are talking about the "Great Society", right?

Sorry for the double post, but I have news.

Preview of "Heroes Reborn: Magneto and the Mutant Force #1":
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/05/20/...utant-force-1/

It look slike in this fake reality there was another member of the Squadron Supreme: Skymax, the Skrullian Skymaster. (Parody of the Martian Manhunter). It seems that Skrulls are extingued here, and Skymax fell after the Squadron massacred Mutants.
    Yeah, looks like he's the explanation here for Rogue's flying brick powers, since of course Carol's powers are inert and Wonder Man probably doesn't exist. Interestingly, since Skymax is a Skrull, wouldn't Rogue stealing his powers allow her to use Mystique's abilities? Both can shapeshift.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’m really enjoying these books. I hope this version of the Squadron gets to stick around permanently after this is all over...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, looks like he's the explanation here for Rogue's flying brick powers, since of course Carol's powers are inert and Wonder Man probably doesn't exist. Interestingly, since Skymax is a Skrull, wouldn't Rogue stealing his powers allow her to use Mystique's abilities? Both can shapeshift.
    I have another theory. Since Skymax is a telepath like Martian Manhunter, there's a high chance that Skymax's personality will possess Rogue; meaning Rogue will be a mole in Mutant Force and will turn against them in the most critic moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/young-squ...heroes-reborn/

An article about the Young Squadron.
    "Merciful Mephisto!". I think we have no doubt anymore about who created this reality. The Devil literally usurped God's place... This is beyond sick and wrong!

But this is also confusing. It means then that the Squadron believes Mephisto is a benevolent being, ignoring the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ghost-Spider is on 616 now. Though Coulson wouldn't know that she's Gwen Stacy, unless he encountered Gwenpool (who knows the secret identities of everyone who debuted before 2015) and she mentioned it, or one of the spiders (who probably all know each others' secret identities from Spider-Verse) outed her.
    Yes, it’s bugging how Gwen is in this.

I have another theory. Since Skymax is a telepath like Martian Manhunter, there's a high chance that Skymax's personality will possess Rogue; meaning Rogue will be a mole in Mutant Force and will turn against them in the most critic moment.
    Good point - Carol's personality used to take over Rogue sometimes too, so Skymax being a telepath isn't even relevant, he could do it anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

"Merciful Mephisto!". I think we have no doubt anymore about who created this reality. The Devil literally usurped God's place... This is beyond sick and wrong!

But this is also confusing. It means then that the Squadron believes Mephisto is a benevolent being, ignoring the truth?
    Maybe not so disturbing after all. The gods in most religions are often viewed as benevolent, despite scripture to the contrary. Take the Abrahamic religions, for example. In the Mosaic passages, God let loose the angel of death to take the lives of the first born child -- all innocents -- just to prove His primacy. It's not the first time that God did something like this to innocents. What benevolent entity does that, especially given the vast array of options that a truly omnipotent being has?

I think lessers often assign values to superiors that are more fearful projection than fact. We conflate omnipotence and benevolence. So it is with Mephisto, Lord of Lies, Corrupter of Souls, etc., etc.. in this Squadron Supreme reality.

considering what happened to Galactus (and others), how is another future showdown between the Squadron (more specifically, Hyperion, Power Princess and Blur) and the Avengers folks going to play out? I wonder..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    considering what happened to Galactus (and others), how is another future showdown between the Squadron (more specifically, Hyperion, Power Princess and Blur) and the Avengers folks going to play out? I wonder..
    Considering that those are events created by demonic reality warping, is unclear if they are truly happened or not. There had been hint in recent years stories that reality warping in MU does create lesser doppelgangers of characters that are dead or too beyon the range of the Reality Warpers and in some extent limit to distort memories of the peoples on larger scale. So Hyperon one shotting galactus is VEEEEEERRY likley a false memory or construct, as well as all their easy memory(hmmm If i didn't knew Aaron, I would think that there is a meta-commentary on the nature of comics where all the stories of the character are scripted and oftne canon is retcon here and there)

I'm wondering if coulson knows the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The Great Society represented idealism but had no concrete solution to the incursions. In the end all of their heroism would not have saved the multiverse because there was no way to save the multiverse, the only effective way to approach the problem of the incursions was to salvage as much of the multiverse as possible. Btw, the Great Society was killed when Doc Strange summoned Shuma Gorath on their heads.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes, it’s bugging how Gwen is in this.
    The Gwen Stacy that's in this is likely the "original" Gwen, who never died because she was never thrown off a bridge by a maniac with a mad-on for Spider-Man, who Peter Parker never became in this universe because he was never bitten by that mutated/modified spider on that school trip to General Techtronics. Basically, the Butterfly Effect strikes again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I guess Echo screwed up the universe.