Page 65 of 94 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm wondering if coulson knows the truth?
    He's Mephisto's puppet, so of course he knows! Didn't you see his smile in the first issue, and his sinister voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Considering that those are events created by demonic reality warping, is unclear if they are truly happened or not. There had been hint in recent years stories that reality warping in MU does create lesser doppelgangers of characters that are dead or too beyon the range of the Reality Warpers and in some extent limit to distort memories of the peoples on larger scale. So Hyperon one shotting galactus is VEEEEEERRY likley a false memory or construct, as well as all their easy memory(hmmm If i didn't knew Aaron, I would think that there is a meta-commentary on the nature of comics where all the stories of the character are scripted and oftne canon is retcon here and there)
    There's no way you can kill Galactus that easy. That is a clearly a false memory. And if that's not the case, then it's probable that Galactus wasn't even the real one, but another "lie" created by Mephisto to be used like the Squadron Supreme itself.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I guess Echo screwed up the universe.
    This couldn't have been caused by Echo, it's obvious Mephisto did it, somehow.

By the way, I have another suspiction for the events to come. It's obvious the Avengers will restore the original world, but I just realized a way the Squadron Supreme MIGHT escape Coulson's and Mephisto's control. In issue #3, Silver Witch said Blur was unnatural and he shouldn't even be alive. Well, how about if by mixing the "Flames of Rebirth" from the Phoenix Force and the power of the Starbrand, the Squadron Supreme are turned into real people and neither Mephisto or Coulson can control them anymore.

It would be appropiated if the Pnoenix's power burns out these fakers and then, makes them reborn as "real". Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    He's Mephisto's puppet, so of course he knows! Didn't you see his smile in the first issue, and his sinister voice?

There's no way you can kill Galactus that easy. That is a clearly a false memory. And if that's not the case, then it's probable that Galactus wasn't even the real one, but another "lie" created by Mephisto to be used like the Squadron Supreme itself.

This couldn't have been caused by Echo, it's obvious Mephisto did it, somehow.

By the way, I have another suspiction for the events to come. It's obvious the Avengers will restore the original world, but I just realized a way the Squadron Supreme MIGHT escape Coulson's and Mephisto's control. In issue #3, Silver Witch said Blur was unnatural and he shouldn't even be alive. Well, how about if by mixing the "Flames of Rebirth" from the Phoenix Force and the power of the Starbrand, the Squadron Supreme are turned into real people and neither Mephisto or Coulson can control them anymore.

It would be appropiated if the Pnoenix's power burns out these fakers and then, makes them reborn as "real". Don't you think?
    I would like them real with an ongoing. As superheroes for a change without the mind control for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The Gwen Stacy that's in this is likely the "original" Gwen, who never died because she was never thrown off a bridge by a maniac with a mad-on for Spider-Man, who Peter Parker never became in this universe because he was never bitten by that mutated/modified spider on that school trip to General Techtronics. Basically, the Butterfly Effect strikes again.
    So, Gwen being the Knightress, or whoever, in Heroes Reborn is most likely linked to her father, Captain Stacy, being the chief of police, very much like Spidergwen in her reality?

Her codename is Nightbird. And yeah, it's probably the same as Batgirl Barbara Gordon's origin. Dad won't let her be a cop, so she becomes a vigilante instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

i wonder if george stacy was commissioner in this before luke cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Her codename is Nightbird. And yeah, it's probably the same as Batgirl Barbara Gordon's origin. Dad won't let her be a cop, so she becomes a vigilante instead.
    Out of curiousity had already be decided who is going to be Nighthawk's "joker"? You can't be a batman expy without your personal obsessive insane nemesis, is kind of a rule.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Out of curiousity had already be decided who is going to be Nighthawk's "joker"?
    Going by Heroes Reborn: Marvel Double Action #1 it should be the (Green) Goblin. So the cover homages the classic cover with dead Gwen in Peter's arms, but the "death of the sidekick" trope might play out like the death of Jason Todd 's Robin.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Blur issue was another "hero" showing off like #2. Just like Hyperion, it seems Blur is unaware that reality has been manipulated.
    Thank God this is weekly.
    "Cable was right!"

Not gonna lie, I’m bored of this event already. The entire thing just feels like one of the ‘X vs the Marvel Universe’ minis where just every issue is the MU characters jobbing to individual Squadron members. As being an event, it just feels even more pointless than Age of Ultron did and it really doesn’t help that the only points where it seems that story progress is made is with the couple pages at the end of each issue of the Avengers being brought together.

Can I recommend Siege Society then? The Squadron Supreme is soundly defeated in that one.
    spoilers:
    The team used to have at least eleven members, but five team members are killed there and another one goes in Magneto and the Mutant Force.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Good choice of artist but I wasn't a fan of Edgy Redneck Spectrum.

Honestly, I'm not sure whose idea it was to go with "Heroes Reborn/Return" cuz they could've gotten away with naming this "Squadron Supreme/Sinister".

Haven't read any spin-offs for the past two weeks tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

I've been a fan of the art/story combinations. I think they go well together. Also interesting that they used this to age up the new starbrand

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can I recommend Siege Society then? The Squadron Supreme is soundly defeated in that one.
    spoilers:
    The team used to have at least eleven members, but five team members are killed there and another one goes in Magneto and the Mutant Force.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Thought it was pretty cool that Siege Society adapted the rest of the classic Squadron Supreme members, even if they did get killed off.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Good choice of artist but I wasn't a fan of Edgy Redneck Spectrum.

Honestly, I'm not sure whose idea it was to go with "Heroes Reborn/Return" cuz they could've gotten away with naming this "Squadron Supreme/Sinister".

Haven't read any spin-offs for the past two weeks tho.
    Me, neither. Waiting for that guy to get his @$$ kicked in the worst way possible.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

In better hands this could be a pretty decent take down of nationalism I suppose but in context it's kind all over the place. The gist of the event is still pretty solid: The Squadron, representative of DC as it was in the Silver Age, protects America but only America (Doesn't seem to be the case in Siege Society but in the rest of the books nationalism is a pretty direct and unsubtle theme) while their relative lack of humanity at best keeps them from being able to handle nuance, causing Hulk, the X-men, Rocket, etc to be percieved as one-note villains and Peter Parker to be treated as a fanboy, and at worst makes the Squadron violent sociopaths. Either way not an uncommon response to somebody who refuses to question their righteousness. Meanwhile, whenever we see Marvel original characters interact with the Squadron they come to realize the flaws that exist in the heroes and, while few of them have the power to push back, they always come away determined to move beyond what the Squadron represents and into a more human-focused attempt.

So far, the themes are handled both unsubtle and unfocused, which to my mind is good because I don't find those themes to be particularly interesting and I'm just enjoying the way that the Marvel universe has been crammed into the shape of DC and watching it slowly expanding beyond it.

I'm liking in this event more then I thought. Maybe because its weekly and we are flying through the story.

Also how strong is Doctor Spectrum? I guess I didn't realize he was that strong.

And poor Watcher
    The J-man