Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm liking in this event more then I thought. Maybe because its weekly and we are flying through the story.

Also how strong is Doctor Spectrum? I guess I didn't realize he was that strong.

And poor Watcher
    None of the Squadron characters are this strong. It's just part of the reality bending.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, if the same thing happened to Doctor Spectrum in the real universe, he'd be killed. He only survived because of Mephisto.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

All I can say is... thank God this is weekly. We are 4 issues into this and I swear I've read the same story being told for 3 of them. I get what Aaron is going for and the themes he is exploring, but his dialogue is as heavy as a sledgehammer to the face. Really hope it picks up the pace soon because, at best, this should have been a 4 - 5 issue arc in the main Avengers book.

Mighty Member

I loved the beginning but I go back to what I said, it's not that good. Nothing happens, the characters are op, and there is no development. We are at volume 4 and the story has not advanced, as usual with the new Jason Aaaron, it's just spectacular fights, but no substance.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Astonishing Member

What do you think it will happen with the Squadron Supreme AFTER "Heroes Return"? I would like to believe that, maybe, because of the rebirth power of the Phoenix Force, they could escape Coulson and Mephisto's control somehow. And you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    What do you think it will happen with the Squadron Supreme AFTER "Heroes Return"? I would like to believe that, maybe, because of the rebirth power of the Phoenix Force, they could escape Coulson and Mephisto's control somehow. And you?
    Well that is the hope. Someone needs to take these guys away from Aaron before he completely ruins them. I was hopeful for this event but now I’m not so sure. The tie ins have been good so far. The only saving Grace will be if the Squadron realizes what happened and they turn against Coulson and Mephisto and ally themselves with the Avengers. I don’t see that happening. Aaron is sending the Squadron down in flames.

Astonishing Member

Hey! CBR's main page has announced a preview of "Heroes Reborn #5", Nighthawk's issue. But there's only two pages in it. What's going on?

If we are lucky they'll all be dead. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    For them to be dead, first they should be alive. It was proven that's not the case, as they are "unnatural". So it would be fitting if they turn "real" and "alive" with something like the fire of the Phoenix or the Starbrand.

Anyway, seriously, what's wrong here?:
    https://www.cbr.com/heroes-reborn-5-...atman-preview/

It says it's a preview, but there's no pictures!

Hey! CBR's main page has announced a preview of "Heroes Reborn #5", Nighthawk's issue. But there's only two pages in it. What's going on?
    And they're the cover and the credit page, so something is definitely wrong there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And they're the cover and the credit page, so something is definitely wrong there.
    I just visited other websites claiming to have the preview, but they are also blank. What in blazes is going on here?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Maybe Mephistopheles absorbs them all back into himself? Or he sets aside a cul-de-sac in Hell for them to languish for the rest of their unnatural existences???

Also, what are the Vegas odds of a new iteration of the Squadron Supreme being introduced in the next 3 years? I'm guessing pretty high.

Nice as that would be getting to see them exist beyond Mephisto and Coulson, with how blatant and on the nose they are as parodies of the Justice League, more so than usual, I can’t see them continuing to exist in the MU sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Maybe Mephistopheles absorbs them all back into himself? Or he sets aside a cul-de-sac in Hell for them to languish for the rest of their unnatural existences???

Also, what are the Vegas odds of a new iteration of the Squadron Supreme being introduced in the next 3 years? I'm guessing pretty high.
    At some point we’re gonna have so many versions of the Squadron Supreme living in the MU that we’re gonna need to create a team call Squadron Supreme Unlimited. I’m still wondering where the remaining members of the previous Squadron went. Nighthawk is (anticlimactically) dead, but what about the others?
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-27-2021 at 08:05 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    …I can’t see them continuing to exist in the MU sadly.
    Just bring back Counter-Earth (ideally the one Franklin Richards created in the first Heroes Reborn and then transported to the 616 MU) then move them there.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think this Heroes Reborn world is a disgusting place after reading Magneto and the mutants, and HR#4. Both these books showed the hate in Doctor Spectrum and Hyperion I hadn’t noticed up to then. Of course we got hints that Mephisto is a big wheel with his name on the bank notes, and has a huge statue in a church. It means this world worships the devil, and it’s no wonder it’s protectors should be denizens of Hell, not protecting real world people. It makes me so depressed just reading this. It’s very difficult to see negativity like this in books, after all the pushing for respect we’ve been getting over the last few years. Hydra Nation was in the same vein at the time because it was like the devil was in charge of that too.