Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1407
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Granted, the entire point of comics is to defy real world science, but you'd think all speedsters would have some type of fast healing. Moving at the speeds that they are capable of would obliterate cartilage and joints, shatter bones, and liquefy muscle tissue. That's not even taking into account the damage caused by impacting the ground whenever they run. We see what years of sprinting does to athletes all of the time, especially in sports like basketball. I won't bother getting into the stresses it would imposes on organs, the cardiopulmonary system, and so on and so forth.

So maybe Blur does have accelerated healing, just not at the same rate as DC Flash, Hulk, Wolverine, werewolves, some Super Soldiers???

Honestly, I'll give the writer credit for trying to come up with a creative way to take out Blur. No, I'm not buying that anyone absorbs the energy of anyone that can run faster than the speed of light or faster than Time -- seriously, stop and think how much energy that is for a minute. If BP can absorb that with anything even approaching 20% efficiency with zero loss, then he can tank a Celestial Host by himself. I sense Heroes Reborn gave us a little bit of Bat God treatment in more ways than one.
    You're right, I do think they've suggested Blur's speed is more magical than mutation based...magic lets them slip past all that all the technical points you're bringing up. I'll have to re-read, but I think they were making his Avengers analog Dr. Strange, oddly enough.

Re: Batgod treatment, 100% how Aaron and a few other writers treat T'Challa.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    You're right, I do think they've suggested Blur's speed is more magical than mutation based...magic lets them slip past all that all the technical points you're bringing up. I'll have to re-read, but I think they were making his Avengers analog Dr. Strange, oddly enough.
    Magic definitely works as a possible explanation. After all, that's what has been used to explain Hermes' speed.

At the end of the day, I hope this event didn't ruin the SS for future stories. I'm still waiting for Marvel to create the perfect iteration of the team. Well, perfect as I define it. Maybe next summer?

Anyway, time for me to get back to my sketch of an all woman Squadron Supreme using some of Marvel's original fabulous female creations as members of the team. Analogues are fun. Original Creations as stand-ins for analogues even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Officially, he was a congressman representing Washington, DC., specifically. in real-life, Washington DC has a "shadow congressperson", who is elected, can attend meetings, but has no voting power in the House. [and of course, real-life D.C. is not officially a state yet].. I have no idea whether on 616 Marvel Earth this status is different or not.
    In the miniseries this was explicitly stated as the case whenever his job came up

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Magic definitely works as a possible explanation. After all, that's what has been used to explain Hermes' speed.

At the end of the day, I hope this event didn't ruin the SS for future stories. I'm still waiting for Marvel to create the perfect iteration of the team. Well, perfect as I define it. Maybe next summer?

Anyway, time for me to get back to my sketch of an all woman Squadron Supreme using some of Marvel's original fabulous female creations as members of the team. Analogues are fun. Original Creations as stand-ins for analogues even moreso.
    Hey, that sounds like fun. And no, I doubt the Squadron Supreme will be ruined for good. They've had so many versions and iterations as it stands, one more won't hurt all that much.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

How long do you think we will have to wait for a rematch between the Avengers and this Squadron Supreme. I'm quite worried about this Nighthawk on the loose, and DC has proven how dangerous an evil Batman can be.

In their next battle, I believe ALL the Avengers should be fighting against the Squadron Supreme, like in the cover of Stormbreakers. By they way, how many of them are? As far as I saw, the matchs could be:
    + Hyperion vs Doctor Strange
    + Hyperion vs Captain Marvel
    + Nighthawk vs Iron Man
    + Nighthawk vs Thor
    + Power Princess vs She-Hulk
    + Doctor Spectrum vs Ghost Rider

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    How long do you think we will have to wait for a rematch between the Avengers and this Squadron Supreme. I'm quite worried about this Nighthawk on the loose, and DC has proven how dangerous an evil Batman can be.

In their next battle, I believe ALL the Avengers should be fighting against the Squadron Supreme, like in the cover of Stormbreakers. By they way, how many of them are? As far as I saw, the matchs could be:
    + Nighthawk vs Iron Man
    + Nighthawk vs Thor

Anyone else?
    Personally I’d go with She-Hulk + Captain Marvel vs Power Princess. Also, given that Starbrand destroyed his power prism, does Doctor Spectrum even have powers anymore?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Personally I’d go with She-Hulk + Captain Marvel vs Power Princess. Also, given that Starbrand destroyed his power prism, does Doctor Spectrum even have powers anymore?
    Yeah, I thought the same thing of Captain Marvel and She-Hulk vs Power Princess. But I guess Carol's powers to absorb energy could be a way to effectively counter Hyperion's power.

About Doctor Spectrum, well, who says the Power Prism can't be repaired or replaced by something similar?

Yeah, I thought the same thing of Captain Marvel and She-Hulk vs Power Princess. But I guess Carol's powers to absorb energy could be a way to effectively counter Hyperion's power.

About Doctor Spectrum, well, who says the Power Prism can't be repaired or replaced by something similar?
    I could see him basically going mad trying to regain his prism and getting into it with the dark arts side of magic. Of course, in the same vein, given that Aaron pointlessly killed off Hickman’s Starbrand so he could replace him with his own, I could also see him having the Doctor Spectrum from The Great Society getting fridged and him stealing her prism.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I could see him basically going mad trying to regain his prism and getting into it with the dark arts side of magic. Of course, in the same vein, given that Aaron pointlessly killed off Hickman’s Starbrand so he could replace him with his own, I could also see him having the Doctor Spectrum from The Great Society getting fridged and him stealing her prism.
    That's another possibility. But in that case, the rest of the Squadron Supreme from different dimensions should encounter their doppelgangers created by Mephisto.

At this point i'm only interested in a basically moral Hyperion, the guy with gray/yellow from a little while back.. at one point didn't he decide to be a truck driver?

Mighty Member

+ Nighthawk vs Iron Man
    + Nighthawk vs Thor

Anyone else?
    I dont think Dr. Strange is back with the Avengers yet. Also why Nighthawk against Thor? He seems pretty outmatched there.

Blackroom

I dont think Dr. Strange is back with the Avengers yet. Also why Nighthawk against Thor? He seems pretty outmatched there.
    It's a David vs. Goliath scenario. Unfortunately, all my story-telling instincts say that there is no drama in it if Goliath actually wins. As a Thor fan, I'm really not in the mood to see him do the job yet again to a character who isn't even in the same weight class.

Yep, wouldn't be the first time that was done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Something said pretty much every time Batman has fought Superman.

I'm guessing some writer will figure out a way for Nighthawk to either backdoor, or reverse engineer Mjolnir's old enchantment that turns Thor back into a mortal without Odinson being aware of what's about to happen to him. Something Thor won't realize until it's too late. He sets his hammer down, doesn't bother with it until it's too late. Then Nighthawk trounces the now normal human Thor ... to the shock and amazement of all assembled.

Maybe there is an existing magical artifact out there somewhere that accomplishes that -- like Desak's Amulet of Power which is proof even against the Odinforce? Or maybe Nighthawk uses his wicked keen smarts to get someone else to do it for him. Maybe Odin himself?

Or maybe Nighthawk figures out a way to swap the Mjolnir from his alternate universe, which might have the enchantment still, with the 616 Mjolnir? Who knows?

The point here is that given time, resources and strategic planning, Nighthawk is supposed to be able to figure out a way to defeat just about anyone. Even Thor.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-28-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    At this point i'm only interested in a basically moral Hyperion, the guy with gray/yellow from a little while back.. at one point didn't he decide to be a truck driver?
    He did. But we haven’t formally seen him since Secret Empire when he was with the group in space that had been locked out of the Earth battling the Chitauri.