Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1407
    Ultimate Member

So this was, what, 6 issues of exploring a world that didn't matter, and everything got resolved in one easy fight.

...genius, truly.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think what I'd like to see next is King Hyperion killing off every other version of Hyperion -- and anyone who runs with them -- in true Highlander fashion, i.e., "There can only be one."

Maybe Heroes Reborn was an exercise in What If you didn’t have super heroes? I once saw a reference to when JFK POTUS didn’t die at his assassination, by bumping Lee Harvey Oswald to miss his shots, and that world descended into chaos (Something about a Marilyn Monroe scandal, and Kennedy carted off to an asylum) according to the writers of Red Dwarf. You just change one thing, and the world isn’t like you would imagine it. We saw that in Age of Ultron, removing Hank Pym too early, and Doom-powered Morgana Le Fey took over the universe. I see this as an interesting exercise in that sort of future forecasting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    After Avengers versus DC, there did need to be some revisiting of the respective power levels between the two companies characters. Those two “versus” events had a lot to answer for. The writers saw DC as the clear superiors to Marvel, and though they cooperated in the endgame, I got the distinct impression Marvel got shafted on the power levels.
    Not correct.
    Well the marvel vs dc crossover marvel won most of the fights.
    They won.
    Thor beat shazam,thor beat superman,then superman beat thor,so it was tie then right after that the avengers beat the crap out of superman.
    Hercules beat wonder woman.
    Thanos vs darkseid,nobody won.
    Hulk vs the superman the last crossover hulk was professor hulk and weaker then savage hulk and superman said it took everything to put him down.
    Silver surfer beat green lantern kyle.
    In other crossovers venom beat superman,spideman beat superboy,wolverine beat lobo,storm beat wonderwoman.
    Anyway since then those marvel characters have become more powerful overtime.
    The hulk today is more powerful hulk from any of those hulks in crossovers for example.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-28-2021 at 10:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

It follows perfectly because Abyss turned Hulk against his teammates, once the control was broken he would not want to fight the Avengers he was a part of. This isn't the only time this Hyperion and Hulk fought, a possessed Hyperion fought the Avengers later on in a Spider-man annual IIRC and he had no effect on Hulk in their brief scuffle there in fact Hulk overpowered him with 1 arm, which also goes along with what Hickman said when asked another question on who is the strongest Avenger is it Hyperion and him answering no it's Hulk.
    Below talks about hickmen's avengers.
    Hyperion punch out thor in the same issue too.

Hulk is stronger then hickmen's hyperion(but not more powerful).
    The avengers was fighting hyperion,not only hulk.
    Hulk sneak attacked hyperion.
    Keep in mind dc and marvel says hulk is stronger than doomsday and doomsday is stronger then superman.

Did the New Hyperion Give it to the Hulk?

@CitizenBane said:
    I remember someone on Formspring asking Hickman what role Hyperion would play on the Avengers roster, and he replied "asskicker in chief" or something along those lines.
    #9 Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    In the CBR Q&A he did someone asked him who was going to be the strongest in his Avengers Hulk or Thor and he answered Hyperion

#21 Edited By SC
    With Hickman's character comparisons from fans questions, his reply to who will be the biggest ass kicker between Thor and Hulk his reply has been Hyperion, and to who is the strongest Avenger, he answers with the (paraphrased) question, Hasn't Hulk always been? Though Thor fans shouldn't feel neglected, as he is listed in Hickmans favorite three characters to write Avengers wise.

#26 Edited By SC
    @TheAcidSkull: He considers the Hulk the strongest as far as strength goes (presumably based on his answer to that question) Hyperion will be presumably the biggest "ass kicker" on his team, which is a bit of a subjective term, and Thor is one of his three favorite Avengers to write, the other two being Iron Man and Ms Marvel. So I am not sure if that answers who his favorites are but thats what I meant by my prior statement. ^_^

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/hyper...e-hulk-736983/

So it's clear that hickmen see his hyperion being more powerful then hulk,thor,starbrand and the captain universe of that team.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-29-2021 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Not correct.
    They won.
    Thor beat shazam,thor beat superman,then superman beat thor,so it was tie then right after that the avengers beat the crap out of superman.
    Hulk vs the superman the last crossover hulk was professor hulk and weaker then savage hulk and superman said it took everything to put him down.
    In other crossovers venom beat superman,spideman beat superboy,wolverine beat lobo,storm beat wonderwoman.
    The hulk today is more powerful hulk from any of those hulks in crossovers for example.
    In JLA/Avengers, Diana wiped the floor with Hercules and was proven to be stronger than Wonder Man.

Not correct.
    They won.
    I don’t remember Thor beating Superman. I remember Thor giving him a great fight and getting knocked out cold. Superman then losing to the combined might of the Avengers. Lobo would have squashed Logan like a bug but the fans voted for who is more popular not who is tougher. Marvel won the fan vote crossover. Wonder Woman would beat Storm too. Sub-Mariner would have kicked the crap out of Aquaman. Again popularity not who is tougher. DC on paper Would have won that crossover 6-5. In reality it would have been a tie. Batman and Cap should have been a tie. They were dead even. 5-5-1 should have been the final result. Both companies come out on top because neither lost. The better crossover JLA vs Avengers was pretty even as well. I thought Wonder Woman and Hercules was a classic fight.

Extraordinary Member

Heroes Reborn...just another reason Marvel should STOP with all the damned events for a good 10 - 15 years. Get back to some solid character driven stories instead of constant spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Heroes Reborn...just another reason Marvel should STOP with all the damned events for a good 10 - 15 years. Get back to some solid character driven stories instead of constant spectacle.
    I'd be fine with events, if the plots and writing warranted them. Unfortunately, we've reached the point where that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I agree. Marvel’s main events have stunk up the country side for quite some time now. I thought Marvel was going to back off for awhile. If anything they have cranked up the events. I’m definitely not reading the Gala event. Never really liked Emma and not into the cultish X-Men. I skipped the Black King. Read all of Empyre and the tie ins and thought that really stunk. The Avengers and Fantastic Four vs plants. The last main event I liked was Secret Wars II mostly the tie ins. When the tie ins are better than the main event you know something is wrong.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I skipped the Black King. Read all of Empyre and the tie ins and thought that really stunk.
    Empyre and King in Black came too close to one another. Earth just weathered one invasion only to be pummeled by another. Granted the pandemic skewed the timing of Empyre to some extent but still I don't want successive planet-wide events. A crossover between two at max three titles for a much needed breather would do instead.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Outlawed and the iron man 2020 events was going on also! Man earth was busy that week!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Empyre and King in Black came too close to one another. Earth just weathered one invasion only to be pummeled by another. Granted the pandemic skewed the timing of Empyre to some extent but still I don't want successive planet-wide events. A crossover between two at max three titles for a much needed breather would do instead.
    Nothing makes me laugh more than "planet-wide events" that are usually limited to the same 10-12 characters -- or derivative characters of those 10-12 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Maybe Heroes Reborn was an exercise in What If you didn’t have super heroes? I once saw a reference to when JFK POTUS didn’t die at his assassination, by bumping Lee Harvey Oswald to miss his shots, and that world descended into chaos (Something about a Marilyn Monroe scandal, and Kennedy carted off to an asylum) according to the writers of Red Dwarf. You just change one thing, and the world isn’t like you would imagine it. We saw that in Age of Ultron, removing Hank Pym too early, and Doom-powered Morgana Le Fey took over the universe. I see this as an interesting exercise in that sort of future forecasting.
    Not correct.
    They won.

Just to clarify there are two main stories. DC vs. Marvel and JLA/Avengers

In DC vs. MArvel-

There were 11 battles fought between the two universes. The result of the following six battles were determined by the miniseries' creative team. (I thought there was a fan vote for this:

Aquaman (DC) vs. Namor the Sub-Mariner (Marvel). Aquaman won by summoning a whale to leap out of the water and land on top of Namor. Since Namor is pinned and unable to move, he is declared the loser.
    Elektra (Marvel) vs. Catwoman (DC). Elektra won by cutting off Catwoman's whip as she hung from a girder on a building under construction, but Catwoman survived by falling into a dumpster filled with sand.
    The Flash (DC) vs. Quicksilver (Marvel). The Flash won using superior speed.
    Robin (DC) vs. Jubilee (Marvel). Robin won by using his cape as a decoy and then tying up Jubilee.
    The Silver Surfer (Marvel) vs. Green Lantern (DC). The Silver Surfer won when both collided with each other and released a huge explosion which knocked out Green Lantern, but left the Silver Surfer unfazed.
    Thor (Marvel) vs. Captain Marvel (DC). Thor won when Captain Marvel was forced to change back to his alter ego of Billy Batson. Billy tried to change back, but Thor used Mjolnir to intercept the lightning bolt that would have transformed him back into Captain Marvel; the resulting impact knocked Billy out and sent Thor's hammer flying off into the distance.
    The result of the following five battles were determined by the readers' votes:

Superman (DC) vs. the Hulk (Marvel). After exchanging punches and a burst of heat vision, Superman won the fight eventually.
    Spider-Man (Marvel) vs. Superboy (DC). With the advantage of his spider-sense, Spider-Man won by tying up Superboy with impact webbing and electrocuting him with high voltage, knocking him out.[5]
    Batman (DC) vs. Captain America (Marvel). The match ends in uncertainty - though both are evenly matched after hours of combat, a sudden flushing of the sewer knocks Captain America off balance as Batman manages to strike him with a batarang. Batman rescues Captain America from certain death via drowning, but Captain America's unconsciousness from nearly drowning causes him to lose.
    Wolverine (Marvel) vs. Lobo (DC). Wolverine beats Lobo in a brutal barfight, which was largely off-panel.
    Storm (Marvel) vs. Wonder Woman (DC). After Wonder Woman drops Thor's hammer in order to allow the fight to happen as it was intended to, Storm won the battle after repeatedly hitting Wonder Woman with lightning after a brief meleé encounter.

For JLA/Avengers:

Ironman beats Flash
    Superman and Green Lantern defeat Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel
    the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver defeat Hawkman, Blue Beetle and Black Canary
    Wonder Woman beat Hercules and Aquaman avoided She-Hulk
    Firestorm and Red Tornado outmanuever Thor and Vision
    Black Panther outsmarts Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man despite Yellowjacket and the Wasp losing to them
    Hawkeye and Iron Man defeat Captain Atom and Green Arrow
    Flash and Steel beat Quicksilver and Vision
    Iron Man helps Photon and Quasar beat Wonder Woman and Green Lantern

Then Captain America teams up with Batman and throws the last round so the Justice League can win. BatGod aura at work
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I don’t remember Thor beating Superman. I remember Thor giving him a great fight and getting knocked out cold. Superman then losing to the combined might of the Avengers.
    There were two different battle scenes.
    The first round thor won.
    The second round superman won.
    Superman vs Thor

Not all the avengers beat crap out supeman.
    Some did.
    DC on paper Would have won that crossover 6-5.
    I disagree.

Batman and Cap should have been a tie.
    Captain america should have won that fight.

Anyway here is what happen in the last battle.

JLA/Avengers
    Various Justice League and Avengers members travel across the two universes and fight each other to retrieve the artifacts of power. A final battle for the Cosmic Cube takes place in the Marvel Universe’s Savage Land. After a climactic, back-and-forth battle, Quicksilver claims the Cosmic Cube. At that moment, Krona and the Grandmaster arrive on the scene, with the latter observing and commenting that the score is even at 6–6. However, Batman and Captain America—who together investigated the cause of the contest and discovered its true nature and stakes—arrive. Captain America purposely throws his shield and knocks the Cube from Quicksilver's hands, allowing Batman to catch it. With Captain America's forfeiture of the Cosmic Cube, the Grandmaster now announces the Justice League as the victors, with the final score now being 7–5. However, Krona is unwilling to accept defeat, and attacks the Grandmaster, forcing the identity of Galactus from him. He then summons Galactus and tries to extract information about the origin of the universe. The Grandmaster uses the power of the artifacts and merges both universes together before Krona can tear Galactus apart.
    and
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/JLA/Avengers
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers/JLA
    Last edited by mace11; 07-18-2021 at 05:50 AM.