Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What Level of Prejudice Do The Amazons Have?

It varies from writer to writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It varies from writer to writer.
    And usually varies among the Amazons.

I mean, ideally they shouldn't have any. Any preconceptions they have about Man's World (and not necesarilly all men) is because of what they had to endure before the Patrons gave them Themyscira.

In Martson's depiction, all the Amazon's were supportive of and willing to nurse Steve Trevor back to health after he crash landed.

They don't hate men. They may be skeptical of them, which comes through lived experiences but they are not prejudiced against them.

Wait...are we talking prejudice or sexism?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Wait...are we talking prejudice or sexism?
    I mean they are the same thing. Yea. I don't mind if some Amazons have issues with men. I think only a few group should hate men. But other than that most just are questionable of them
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-04-2021 at 09:25 PM.

I think most amazons would consider most men abusive and destructive. I think Doomsgate is a way to avoid talking about the concept of the amazons, which is the opposite of what the world needs. They can still be a more peaceful and evolved society with some deep prejudices from which they can lead via Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think most amazons would consider most men abusive and destructive. I think Doomsgate is a way to avoid talking about the concept of the amazons, which is the opposite of what the world needs. They can still be a more peaceful and evolved society with some deep prejudices from which they can lead via Diana.
    Doomsgate has never been used that way. Perez still had the Amazons as initially mistrustful of men and he was the one who introduced Doomsgate.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean they are the same thing. Yea. I don't mind if some Amazons have issues with men. I think only a few group should hate men. But other than that most just are questionable of them
    I dunno, I’ve experienced both; there’s a difference.

Doesn’t matter really, I was just confused as the thread title said one thing and the body discussed something else.

I don't know if they should be outright men-haters, but at the same time, I don't think they have any great reason to be overly optimistic about men, either.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I don't remember if this meme is the exact quote from a JL episode, but it just reminds me of one of those things about the show that frustrated me. She repeatedly had bad things to say about men, but the only negative thing she ever says about Bat-dude, by far the most grating personality on the team, is that he won't date her. Aye yai yai...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I don't remember if this meme is the exact quote from a JL episode, but it just reminds me of one of those things about the show that frustrated me. She repeatedly had bad things to say about men, but the only negative thing she ever says about Bat-dude, by far the most grating personality on the team, is that he won't date her. Aye yai yai...
    TBF, she was possessed by an evil entity in that scene. That comment is what tips off Flash and GL that something is wrong and that she might be possessed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I don't know if they should be outright men-haters, but at the same time, I don't think they have any great reason to be overly optimistic about men, either.

Isnt Batman a man? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, ideally they shouldn't have any. Any preconceptions they have about Man's World (and not necesarilly all men) is because of what they had to endure before the Patrons gave them Themyscira.
    The Amazons not having flaws is not realistic in character portrayals. Even fictional ones. I’m fine with some of them having opinions and even prejudices. Sure, the Amazons were created by their patrons who also have prejudices.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Ideally? None. Their isolation is decreed by the Gods.

In actuality? It depends on the writer or editor's hangups on women.
    Last edited by Robanker; 02-08-2021 at 09:12 PM.