Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    MIA: Strange Academy #10.

Has anyone heard anything about it?
    I saw that.
    Nope. No news.
    my pull is shorter than usual this month.

S.W.O.R.D. 05
    Excalibur 20
    Marauders 19
    New Mutants 17
    Daredevil 29
    *possibly CotA 02 -depending on how 01 goes.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Right, but Bendis's first run of New Avengers was after that. Ever since then, the main Avengers book is always relaunched with a new #1 earlier than that, making it unusual that Aaron's has lasted this long without a new #1.
    Oh, I see what you mean. I was taking into consideration the run that begins after Avengers Heroes Reborn ends, which runs from Feb 1998 to August 2004, a total of 84 issues. I guess you could say that is the longest running of all the Avengers relaunches.

I will also read Women of Marvel for Rogue and Mystique

Mighty Member

A busy month for me

Amazing Spider-Man
    Venom
    Beta Ray Bill
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Sword
    Excalibur
    New Mutants
    X-Force
    Wolverine
    Way of X (Maybe)
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Eternals
    The Marvels (Maybe)
    And maybe also the new Spider-man book by Zdarksy

I'll be sad to see Cates leave Venom, but if he gets another comic to continue the Maker plot he has been building, I'll be happy with that.
    Amazing just looks like a standard Spencer issue, which isn't a bad thing, I'm hoping the next few arcs are a breather from the rush of Sins Rising and Last Remains.
    Nice to see Ewing continue with Guardians, it looks like the next arc is going to be closer in tone with his Mighty Avengers run

ASM 63 & 64
    Carnage Black, White & Blood 2 - good creative teams on this issue.
    Immortal Hulk 45 - so if the schedule remains the same, issue #50 hits in July?
    Spiderman : Spider's Shadow 1
    Venom 35 / 200

I always tradewait on Spidey titles, so this is what my month will probably look like:

Way of X
    SWORD
    Excalibur
    Marauders
    X-Force
    New Mutants
    Iron Fist
    Black Knight
    Beta Ray Bill
    America Chavez
    Darkhawk
    Runaways

-Pav, plus Iron Man if Ben Reilly remains a cast member...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Little bit busier month than I thought:

The Marvels
    Way of X
    Black Panther
    Beta Ray Bill
    S.W.O.R.D.
    Thor
    Champions

Thoughts:

- Blade, old school Dracula, and Namor team-up to fight off Knull and his forces?

- Yay, The Marvels !

- So now it's all on Jane Foster and movie synergy Valkyrie...I wonder if the woman the latter loved was Brunnhilde?

- Marvel sure likes these female-focused anthologies. Not that I mind, although Peggy Carter? Still chasing that MCU synergy?

- Darkhawk past, present, and future sounds interesting.

- "and the crown he has never fully accepted" - For Black Panther? I don't think so. I wonder when they'll announce the next volume of BP.

- I think the Guardians have been Superheroes in pretty much all their earlier incarnations, just in different ways, but the new costumes don't look bad. And we have Billy and Teddy there too, which makes sense.

-Black Knight is giving me Once and Future King vibes.

- Odin far from his glory days? I'll say. Poor Bill...

- More America origin retcons incoming?

- Thor & Loki: Double Trouble looks far cuter than it should.

- An actual Avenger is going to die in the Mecha tie-in book? Or is it "fallen" like characters sometimes fall in a cartoon?

- Happy to see the classic Spider-Woman duds again.

- I get why they call Reed and Ben "the FF's two dads" 'cuz Ben has adopted some kids but it doesn't really describe the team dynamic that much.

- The new Phoenix is a woman? Natch. I hope Thor leading the Avengers ends well.

- Carol's achilles heel is...magic? Okay? It's never quite seemed like her kryptonite or anything and I don't love the new costume, but okay.

- I hope Cap vs. Red Skull and the Power Elite is true and not The Daughters of Liberty vs. The Power Elite with some assistance from Captain America.

- Is Peter going to get payback for Ben from Conan?

- When was the last time Patsy and Heather saw each other?

- So...Black Widow now operates out of San Francisco? Fighting street crime? Prowling the shadows as a vigilante with a hood?

- It's time for Thor to finally take Blake out?

- New writer, new direction...it's time for the Champions to go undercover! Wait, wasn't there a young adult Avengers book about this...?

- So Elektra's the new Daredevil (and the new lead of the book?). The costume looks more baggy than I'd like but that cover depicts it a little better than other images.

- Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten about that Nico/the spirit in the Staff of One story.

- When you go from being arrested to being chained up by the Wizard...which is worse for Power Pack? Although once that's settled, I wonder if they'll still have to deal with CRADLE since the whole mentor thing blew up in their face. And Wolverine is still there, apparently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    ASM 63 & 64
    Carnage Black, White & Blood 2 - good creative teams on this issue.
    Immortal Hulk 45 - so if the schedule remains the same, issue #50 hits in July?
    Spiderman : Spider's Shadow 1
    Venom 35 / 200
    No it hits in September, each issue is coming out once a month.

Also it's uncertain if issue 50 is the last issue, in fact it likely isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

I was figuring the 2 issue every other month ship schedule, maybe that's a thing of the past now?

Astonishing Member

The Marvels#1
    Alien#2
    Spider-Man: Spider´s Shadow#1
    Non Stop Spider-Man#2
    Black Cat#5
    Wolverine#11
    Immortal Hulk#45

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

It's not uncertain at all. Artist Joe Bennett already said that it is ending at #50, seven months ago.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvels-immortal-hulk-end-issue-50/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - When you go from being arrested to being chained up by the Wizard...which is worse for Power Pack? Although once that's settled, I wonder if they'll still have to deal with CRADLE since the whole mentor thing blew up in their face. And Wolverine is still there, apparently.
    Wolverine will probably end up becoming their mentor, but it will prove a moot point as CRADLE will have already been destroyed in Champions due to the exposure of their re-education camps.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-22-2021 at 05:48 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Blade, old school Dracula, and Namor team-up to fight off Knull and his forces?

- Yay, The Marvels !

- So now it's all on Jane Foster and movie synergy Valkyrie...I wonder if the woman the latter loved was Brunnhilde?

- Marvel sure likes these female-focused anthologies. Not that I mind, although Peggy Carter? Still chasing that MCU synergy?

- Darkhawk past, present, and future sounds interesting.

- "and the crown he has never fully accepted" - For Black Panther? I don't think so. I wonder when they'll announce the next volume of BP.

- I think the Guardians have been Superheroes in pretty much all their earlier incarnations, just in different ways, but the new costumes don't look bad. And we have Billy and Teddy there too, which makes sense.

-Black Knight is giving me Once and Future King vibes.

- Odin far from his glory days? I'll say. Poor Bill...

- More America origin retcons incoming?

- Thor & Loki: Double Trouble looks far cuter than it should.

- An actual Avenger is going to die in the Mecha tie-in book? Or is it "fallen" like characters sometimes fall in a cartoon?

- Happy to see the classic Spider-Woman duds again.

- I get why they call Reed and Ben "the FF's two dads" 'cuz Ben has adopted some kids but it doesn't really describe the team dynamic that much.

- The new Phoenix is a woman? Natch. I hope Thor leading the Avengers ends well.

- Carol's achilles heel is...magic? Okay? It's never quite seemed like her kryptonite or anything and I don't love the new costume, but okay.

- I hope Cap vs. Red Skull and the Power Elite is true and not The Daughters of Liberty vs. The Power Elite with some assistance from Captain America.

- Is Peter going to get payback for Ben from Conan?

- When was the last time Patsy and Heather saw each other?

- So...Black Widow now operates out of San Francisco? Fighting street crime? Prowling the shadows as a vigilante with a hood?

- It's time for Thor to finally take Blake out?

- New writer, new direction...it's time for the Champions to go undercover! Wait, wasn't there a young adult Avengers book about this...?

- So Elektra's the new Daredevil (and the new lead of the book?). The costume looks more baggy than I'd like but that cover depicts it a little better than other images.

- Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten about that Nico/the spirit in the Staff of One story.

I think that JA is going to write either Blade, or Black Panther ongoing. Maybe leaning towards Blade, I see the slow build up the Vampire Nation narrative. Vampires are starting to reach into more areas of Marvel's universe. I think they are definitely setting up something big.

BANNED

Avengers #44-45
    Alien #2
    Eternals #4
    Iron Fist #4
    S.W.O.R.D. #5
    Excalibur #20
    X-Force #19
    Immortal Hulk #45
    Savage Avengers #20
    Daredevil #29

Just a reprint: