Thread: Doctor Small

Mighty Member

Default Doctor Small

I "created" this villain as a kid, a swipe of Terrible Tiny Tom from The Lone Ranger 60's cartoon (who was a swipe from Dr. Loveless on The Wild Wild West). A classic lab accident made Joesph Rogers, brilliant inventor and wealthy indusrialis, go from 6'2" to four feet high. He was already pretty shady before, but this sent him over the edge to full blown super villainy. But an alias like "Dr. Small" (indicitave of his self loathing), doesnt seem like it would inspire the terror he's as capable of as any mad scientist. Your thoughts?

He could always make his villain name "Mr. Big", both as a descriptor for his being a big deal in the criminal underworld, and as a kind of dare for anyone to point out the irony of a tiny guy being called Mr. Big? Like, you'd think he might have some kind of sense of humor about it, but instead he will literally murder an underling who is dumb enough to make some kind of reference to him not being very big?

I dunno. Funny to think about it now though, because I recall that I definitely created superheroes as a kid, but I don't remember creating many villains. The only ones I can recall at all was that I had a group that was kind of a mix of the Power Rangers and X-Men, where they had villainous counterparts, more or less ripping off the New Mutants/Hellions thing, from way back when. Interesting villains are more crucial to interesting heroes than I think my childhood self fully recognized.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    He could always make his villain name "Mr. Big", both as a descriptor for his being a big deal in the criminal underworld, and as a kind of dare for anyone to point out the irony of a tiny guy being called Mr. Big? Like, you'd think he might have some kind of sense of humor about it, but instead he will literally murder an underling who is dumb enough to make some kind of reference to him not being very big?

I dunno. Funny to think about it now though, because I recall that I definitely created superheroes as a kid, but I don't remember creating many villains. The only ones I can recall at all was that I had a group that was kind of a mix of the Power Rangers and X-Men, where they had villainous counterparts, more or less ripping off the New Mutants/Hellions thing, from way back when. Interesting villains are more crucial to interesting heroes than I think my childhood self fully recognized.
    Nice idea, but Rocky and Bullwinkle did it first.