Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sasuke's Amateratsu VS Goku

Goku challenges Sasuke to a staring contest with the Amateratsu being the test to see how strong Sasuke is.

How long can he survive a head on Amateratsu as Sasuke basically keeps staring at him?

Assume he has endless chakra and stamina.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Which version/era of Goku? Because I can't think of any Amaterasu feat that would even come close to being able to tickle any Goku from at least the Saiyajin Saga onward, even if it crawled all over him for days on end. I mean, maybe if it kept burning his food to dust before he could eat it, Goku might starve to death, assuming that he doesn't just blow it away/absorb it/Hakai enough that he could eat a small buffet every once in awhile.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Which version/era of Goku? Because I can't think of any Amaterasu feat that would even come close to being able to tickle any Goku from at least the Saiyajin Saga onward, even if it crawled all over him for days on end. I mean, maybe if it kept burning his food to dust before he could eat it, Goku might starve to death, assuming that he doesn't just blow it away/absorb it/Hakai enough that he could eat a small buffet every once in awhile.
    depends on if we take the "Amaterasu is as hot as the sun" claim as valid

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Isn't burning away all the oxygen around a saiyan a proven strategy?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Isn't burning away all the oxygen around a saiyan a proven strategy?
    Is that a thing that Amaratsu has feats for, first.

Second, it's never been specifically done as a strategy. It has been stated that Saiyans can't survive in space. It has been stated that, by destroying the planet they are standing on, Frieza would kill Goku, Vegeta and the others but that he would survive because he doesn't need air. Of course, Goku was just happily floating in orbit for most of his fight against Beerus, with no downsides.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Well, it's ultra hot and essentially sticky fire that can just sit on a target burning in perpetuity.

So if Goku's face is covered in black flames and it's burning far hotter than the ignition point of air, which it is, I imagine he'd find breathing quite challenging.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Second, it's never been specifically done as a strategy. It has been stated that Saiyans can't survive in space. It has been stated that, by destroying the planet they are standing on, Frieza would kill Goku, Vegeta and the others but that he would survive because he doesn't need air. Of course, Goku was just happily floating in orbit for most of his fight against Beerus, with no downsides.
    No, it actually has. Vegeta vs Magetta. Just went and watched the fight so I wasn't relying on other people's recaps. Vegeta is put into a semi sealed environment against a fire breathing robot. He starts to succumb to the accelerated loss of oxygen from the combustion. He doesn't wind up passing out, but that's only because he blows up the barrier around them to let oxygen flow freely again. It is presented as a legit danger, though, and Vegeta wasn't directly engulfed in flame.

If Goku isn't moving or responding and the fire around him burns hot enough then his oxygen should run out.