Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Shonen Jump Gauntlet Match: 2000s addition

This will work the same way as my previous thread. This is a gauntlet match, meaning the first two people on the list enter, and whoever wins between them faces the next guy, and so on. The fight will happen twice. Once with Speed Equalized, and once without.

1. Jolyne Cojoh
    2. Train Heartnet
    3. Bobobo
    4. Ichigo Kurosaki
    5.Light Yagami
    6. Sakata Gintoki
    7. Johnny Joestar
    8. Tsunayoshi Sawada
    9. Allen Walker
    10. Medaka Kurokami

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Speed unequal...

I have some questions.

- How literally are we interpreting statements from Medaka Box?
    - Are we taking current "My powers are kind of out of control," Allen Walker
    - Which version of Tsuna's wildly divergent power levels are we taking?

Otherwise, depending on some of those answers, Ichigo should comfortably blitz this.

Equal...

Umm... I think Ichigo is still the most powerful so probably him? Maybe Tsuna?

EDIT: Or Medaka due to her perfect skill replication ability.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-21-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Speed unequal...

I have some questions.

- How literally are we interpreting statements from Medaka Box?
    - Are we taking current "My powers are kind of out of control," Allen Walker
    - Which version of Tsuna's wildly divergent power levels are we taking?

Otherwise, depending on some of those answers, Ichigo should comfortably blitz this.

Equal...

Umm... I think Ichigo is still the most powerful so probably him? Maybe Tsuna?

EDIT: Or Medaka due to her perfect skill replication ability.
    1. I haven't read Medaka Box since it ended, can you remind me what the relevant statements are?
    2. I don't actually know anything about D. Grayman, so for them, just use the most recent version that actually has useable feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. I haven't read Medaka Box since it ended, can you remind me what the relevant statements are?
    Statements cover; lightspeed movement, destroys the moon off-screen, supposedly has like... 700 skills mastered to their absolute highest level and can, allegedly, master any skill, technique or ability or power instantaneously to 120% of it's potential instantly upon hearing about it with theoretically no limit.

So interpret that as you want.

2. I don't actually know anything about D. Grayman, so for them, just use the most recent version that actually has useable feats.
    Okay, so... most recent but stabilising his powers... frankly Allen is like... high mid tier in Bleach standards so he gets merked along with everyone else.

Tsuna... god it's been a long time since I read Reborn. The future arc had him like "obliterating large chunk of a city that had been specially made out of hyper-durable Mafia energy metal stuff," but after that he and the cast, not in text but just generally, seemed to be dramatically powered down upon returning to the present.

Eh, I'm backing Ichigo. Medaka is too conceptual to take it clean and Ichigo by the end is a bit of an absolute monster.

Extraordinary Member

Statements cover; lightspeed movement, destroys the moon off-screen, supposedly has like... 700 skills mastered to their absolute highest level and can, allegedly, master any skill, technique or ability or power instantaneously to 120% of it's potential instantly upon hearing about it with theoretically no limit.

So interpret that as you want.

Okay, so... most recent but stabilising his powers... frankly Allen is like... high mid tier in Bleach standards so he gets merked along with everyone else.

Tsuna... god it's been a long time since I read Reborn. The future arc had him like "obliterating large chunk of a city that had been specially made out of hyper-durable Mafia energy metal stuff," but after that he and the cast, not in text but just generally, seemed to be dramatically powered down upon returning to the present.

Eh, I'm backing Ichigo. Medaka is too conceptual to take it clean and Ichigo by the end is a bit of an absolute monster.
    Is her lightspeed mode consistently presented as moving that fast, or is it a statement with no backing?

Is it ever said how she destroyed the moon, or just that she did so?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Technically speaking, didn't the most recent version of Medaka lose all her powers because she became an adult and Medaka Box powers generally originated from the mindsets of children/teens, or something? She was last seen cuddling a bunch of dogs, which was impossible for her while her abilities were active.

Also, I think that the Future Arc felt way more like a final arc for Reborn! than whatever the subsequent arcs were.

Oh, and how much toonforce oomph did Bobobo have again?

Is her lightspeed mode consistently presented as moving that fast, or is it a statement with no backing?
    As I said, it was statements. I wouldn't consider it lightspeed based on the feats of stuff she did but there are statements.

Is it ever said how she destroyed the moon, or just that she did so?
    No, at the end of the series the moon is going to collide with the Earth and Medaka is like "Welp, better deal with that," We don't see what she does and moon is destroyed and everyone things she is dead. Flash forward a year or so, Medaka turns up being like "Hey, I got dragged into some kind of inter-dimensional war thing after the moon was destroyed but I'm back now,"

That's all you get.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Technically speaking, didn't the most recent version of Medaka lose all her powers because she became an adult and Medaka Box powers generally originated from the mindsets of children/teens, or something? She was last seen cuddling a bunch of dogs, which was impossible for her while her abilities were active.
    True, but I don't think there's any point in debating a completely featless version of the character.

Also, I think that the Future Arc felt way more like a final arc for Reborn! than whatever the subsequent arcs were.
    Most people I've spoken to about it share those feelings. The Future Arc was by far the best part of the series and... then it kept going. :/

Oh, and how much toonforce oomph did Bobobo have again?
    Hajike, the art apparently codified martial art of surprising ones opponent which is the actual source of Bobobo's powers, is quite potent but Bobobo fairly consistently shown to be vulnerable to regular damage and so forth. Like Torpedo Girl is able to beat him up just by exploding on him as a regular gag.

His most powerful opponents usually require him to break out fusions with other characters to beat and that isn't an option here. If he got his fusions and he could bust out something like Majide Time, which is pretty much actually in-text reality warping as opposed to just regular Hajike bollocks, then he'd be a lot more threatening but I personally don't see him getting past Ichigo.

As with any toonforce-esq character there's a lot to be said about where PIS ends and actual abilities begin so mileage will be variable.

Depowered Medaka vs. Depowered Ichigo. The entire battle takes place off screen and the loser gets killed by the winner's kid/dog in the future.

Extraordinary Member

As I said, it was statements. I wouldn't consider it lightspeed based on the feats of stuff she did but there are statements.

No, at the end of the series the moon is going to collide with the Earth and Medaka is like "Welp, better deal with that," We don't see what she does and moon is destroyed and everyone things she is dead. Flash forward a year or so, Medaka turns up being like "Hey, I got dragged into some kind of inter-dimensional war thing after the moon was destroyed but I'm back now,"

That's all you get.
    Then we'll go with No Lightspeed, and no Moon Destruction. Because the first doesn't fit with feats, and the second doesn't give us enough info on how the moon was destroyed

Then we'll go with No Lightspeed, and no Moon Destruction. Because the first doesn't fit with feats, and the second doesn't give us enough info on how the moon was destroyed
    So Ichigo likely wins barring Medaka's The End skill allowing for some ridiculous chicanery.

Isn't there just a slight issue with Ichigo? Like, him having to be in soul form in order to gain his powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Isn't there just a slight issue with Ichigo? Like, him having to be in soul form in order to gain his powers?
    I mean, he could just wait until someone kills him, then begin his counterattack. Though by default we usually treat characters with battle modes (sentai characters, magical girls, Colossus, Hulk, etc...) as starting off in their battle modes unless otherwise specified.

I mean, he could just wait until someone kills him, then begin his counterattack. Though by default we usually treat characters with battle modes (sentai characters, magical girls, Colossus, Hulk, etc...) as starting off in their battle modes unless otherwise specified.
    But would Ichigo's attacks be effective in that form? That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    But would Ichigo's attacks be effective in that form? That's my point.
    Unlikely, though if he does (or gets the opportunity to use his Substitute Shinigami badge to exit his body), he would be in his fully powered state, which is the default situation for most Rumbles matches in any case.