Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man 58 (Preview)

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

You know, Aunt May being in this arc reminds me, does she still have cancer?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    You know, Aunt May being in this arc reminds me, does she still have cancer?
    For what some people told me, that plot point was resolved at the end of Taylor's run, but i'm not sure how.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

It's in remission, but there's always the possibility it could come back

This arc would've felt perfect to tie-in to when the first PS4 game was released.

And it's nice to see Aunt May relevant again. I forget if Taylor established she was in remission but I think she was definitely in recovery by the end of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This arc would've felt perfect to tie-in to when the first PS4 game was released.

And it's nice to see Aunt May relevant again. I forget if Taylor established she was in remission but I think she was definitely in recovery by the end of the arc.
    Yup Last issue Peter had to go be Spider man while she was in surgery but his friends and fellow heroes decided to do his job for the night so he can be with May
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yup Last issue Peter had to go be Spider man while she was in surgery but his friends and fellow heroes decided to do his job for the night so he can be with May
    That was a sweet moment there, and so was Aunt May's interaction with Martin Li so far in this preview. As for Peter/Spider-Man, "I said, come on!" gave me flashbacks to the 90s animated series' "Alien Costume" arc when Spidey was starting to go berserk on the Shocker due to the symbiote amplifying his aggression. This time, though, seems to be all him, for better or worse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.