Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man 58 (Preview)

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

You know, Aunt May being in this arc reminds me, does she still have cancer?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    You know, Aunt May being in this arc reminds me, does she still have cancer?
    For what some people told me, that plot point was resolved at the end of Taylor's run, but i'm not sure how.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

It's in remission, but there's always the possibility it could come back

This arc would've felt perfect to tie-in to when the first PS4 game was released.

And it's nice to see Aunt May relevant again. I forget if Taylor established she was in remission but I think she was definitely in recovery by the end of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This arc would've felt perfect to tie-in to when the first PS4 game was released.

And it's nice to see Aunt May relevant again. I forget if Taylor established she was in remission but I think she was definitely in recovery by the end of the arc.
    Yup Last issue Peter had to go be Spider man while she was in surgery but his friends and fellow heroes decided to do his job for the night so he can be with May
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yup Last issue Peter had to go be Spider man while she was in surgery but his friends and fellow heroes decided to do his job for the night so he can be with May
    That was a sweet moment there, and so was Aunt May's interaction with Martin Li so far in this preview. As for Peter/Spider-Man, "I said, come on!" gave me flashbacks to the 90s animated series' "Alien Costume" arc when Spidey was starting to go berserk on the Shocker due to the symbiote amplifying his aggression. This time, though, seems to be all him, for better or worse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Peter on the edge due to Last Remains let's see where this goes. But seeing Peter fighting a mob wonder if he will bust out his marital arts

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Peter on the edge due to Last Remains let's see where this goes. But seeing Peter fighting a mob wonder if he will bust out his marital arts
    I completely forgot this was a thing... Much like the writers probably have too.

So we've left the whole Kindred thing on the sidelines, after all the hype, and moved onto a new Mr. Negative arc? While I'm a fan of Mr. Negative (one of the better new characters in recent lore) but leaving the whole Kindred thing without a conclusion makes me feel like I've wasted any monetary investment in Amazing Spider-Man again.

As for Aunt May, can she finally pass on already? I know it sounds mean but having Peter actually deal with the death of Aunt May in the PS4 game was a chilling moment that needs to enter into the comics. Peter needs to cut the final chain that locks him into "a promise made by a child" and really let loose against all his foes in a more extreme style.

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    I completely forgot this was a thing... Much like the writers probably have too.

So we've left the whole Kindred thing on the sidelines, after all the hype, and moved onto a new Mr. Negative arc? While I'm a fan of Mr. Negative (one of the better new characters in recent lore) but leaving the whole Kindred thing without a conclusion makes me feel like I've wasted any monetary investment in Amazing Spider-Man again.

As for Aunt May, can she finally pass on already? I know it sounds mean but having Peter actually deal with the death of Aunt May in the PS4 game was a chilling moment that needs to enter into the comics. Peter needs to cut the final chain that locks him into "a promise made by a child" and really let loose against all his foes in a more extreme style.
    Well last issue was the final episode of the season, according to Spencer so i guest that something less intense is in order.

Also, ouch dude, that does sound mean, i might not be May's biggest fan but i don't think that she needs to die lol, plus Peter you really want to add to Peter's mental torture after Kindred? even DeMatteis wasn't that cruel .
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well the last issue was the final episode of the season, according to Spencer so I guest that something less intense is in order.
    I hate "season" style writing. Just finish a storyline before moving on. I want to get invested in Mr. Negative as I've been wondering what happened to him for a while, but I want to find out the ending to Kindred and what was going on there. Leaving things hanging like that really gets frustrating as a reader.

Also, ouch dude, that does sound mean, I might not be May's biggest fan but I don't think that she needs to die lol, plus Peter you really want to add to Peter's mental torture after Kindred? even DeMatteis wasn't that cruel .
    I don't intend on making it sound mean, but it's something that's been needing to happen for years. Given that after the torture Kindred put Peter through caused him to snap at Norman, imagine how crazy Peter would be if May passed on and he snapped completely? Not only would this work as a plan of Kindred, but also show what a completely unrestrained Peter could do to all his villains, not just Norman. I think a more violent and emotionally unstable Peter would make for a storyline that could bring in readers and also give writers a chance to write Peter as a semi-villain instead of a constantly redeeming hero. Then when you want to calm things down, you bring in a lot of the supporting cast like an intervention of grief, ending with J Jonah being the voice of reason and embracing Peter as the father figure he should have been in Peter's formative teenage years when he first started at the Bugle

Astonishing Member

I hate "season" style writing. Just finish a storyline before moving on. I want to get invested in Mr. Negative as I've been wondering what happened to him for a while, but I want to find out the ending to Kindred and what was going on there. Leaving things hanging like that really gets frustrating as a reader.
    I think you're just talking about the massive amount of hanging plot threads (which are understandably annoying). That's something independent of "season"-style writing.

I don't intend on making it sound mean, but it's something that's been needing to happen for years. Given that after the torture Kindred put Peter through caused him to snap at Norman, imagine how crazy Peter would be if May passed on and he snapped completely? Not only would this work as a plan of Kindred, but also show what a completely unrestrained Peter could do to all his villains, not just Norman. I think a more violent and emotionally unstable Peter would make for a storyline that could bring in readers and also give writers a chance to write Peter as a semi-villain instead of a constantly redeeming hero. Then when you want to calm things down, you bring in a lot of the supporting cast like an intervention of grief, ending with J Jonah being the voice of reason and embracing Peter as the father figure he should have been in Peter's formative teenage years when he first started at the Bugle
    Like this hasn't happened a million times before. It's pretty old and actually makes Peter look worse.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think you're just talking about the massive amount of hanging plot threads (which are understandably annoying). That's something independent of "season"-style writing.

Like this hasn't happened a million times before. It's pretty old and actually makes Peter look worse.
    An interesting idea, but yeah, sounds like an updated retread of the "I Am The Spider" period right before the 90s Clone Saga that nobody really liked.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well last issue was the final episode of the season, according to Spencer so i guest that something less intense is in order.

Also, ouch dude, that does sound mean, i might not be May's biggest fan but i don't think that she needs to die lol, plus Peter you really want to add to Peter's mental torture after Kindred? even DeMatteis wasn't that cruel .
    when was this stated?

when was this stated?
    That was based on solicits saying issue 58 marks “the end of an era” and the next era of Spencer’s run continues after.

I would take it with a truckload of salt based on solicits so far this run.