Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Maybe from the last page in Amazing 57 is May. May died in Amazing 400 not the actress.Them Spider-Mom found the Actress alive and with Spider-man a few years later in spider-man i forgot what issue. From then on to current is the actress.I know that's not going to happen.
    This sounds interesting, which means they will not do it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    This sounds interesting, which means they will not do it
    A lot of ideas sound better on paper than reality.

Mighty Member

Yeah, it sounds interesting now, but even the best writer will have a hard time making it work without it being silly or contrived.
    My advice would be to leave it alone and do something else.

Astonishing Member

It's just me, or Spider-Man is acting more violent that usual in the preview. Honestly, I can't blame him after what Kindred did to him.

By the way, I just realized there's a big mistery around here. OK, this is all a complete nonsense, but I just realize one of the main pieces of the puzzle. You see, as far as I remember, Peter's secret identity as Spider-Man was shielded until the whole thing about Spider-Island. (Well, except for the Jackal). Since then, several persons have discovered Peter's identity through several ways. Most recently, Norman Osborn remembered during the whole thing of the Red Goblin. But that's when I found the biggest mystery around here. WHEN did Harry recover his memory about Peter being Spider-Man? As far as I know, after the Red Goblin's plot, Harry still didn't remember. So, WHEN did Harry remember? It MAY had something to do with his transformation?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It's just me, or Spider-Man is acting more violent that usual in the preview. Honestly, I can't blame him after what Kindred did to him.

By the way, I just realized there's a big mistery around here. OK, this is all a complete nonsense, but I just realize one of the main pieces of the puzzle. You see, as far as I remember, Peter's secret identity as Spider-Man was shielded until the whole thing about Spider-Island. (Well, except for the Jackal). Since then, several persons have discovered Peter's identity through several ways. Most recently, Norman Osborn remembered during the whole thing of the Red Goblin. But that's when I found the biggest mystery around here. WHEN did Harry recover his memory about Peter being Spider-Man? As far as I know, after the Red Goblin's plot, Harry still didn't remember. So, WHEN did Harry remember? It MAY had something to do with his transformation?
    I think this is a good question. The answer might be "he never forgot!" If we take it at face value that Harry had been in Hell at some point and that's how he got his Kindred powers, then it's certainly possible (plausible?) that he was privvy to the deal*. I think the other big question is "During the BND era, was Harry playacting, or was his demonic persona somehow suppressed?"

*Here's a wild idea that I do not think is contradicted by the evidence we have in front of us: When May was dying, Harry (who is at this point working up his way through the ranks of Hell, I guess) was the one who suggested to Mephisto that offering The Deal to Peter would be a great idea as a way to torment Peter: either Peter takes the deal and is endlessly unhappy and unfulfilled, or he let's May die and lives his life knowing he could have saved her.

To make it even more wild (that is, I think the above is plausible, I think the following is pretty tenuous) Mephisto never expected Peter to take The Deal, and Harry's resurrection was either required (to make the spell work) or punishment by Mephisto to Harry for putting him in that position in the first place. Harry spent the BND era trapped in his human body until *something* happened (to Mephisto?) that allowed him to go full demon again circa the Spencer relaunch.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I think this is a good question. The answer might be "he never forgot!" If we take it at face value that Harry had been in Hell at some point and that's how he got his Kindred powers, then it's certainly possible (plausible?) that he was privvy to the deal*. I think the other big question is "During the BND era, was Harry playacting, or was his demonic persona somehow suppressed?"

*Here's a wild idea that I do not think is contradicted by the evidence we have in front of us: When May was dying, Harry (who is at this point working up his way through the ranks of Hell, I guess) was the one who suggested to Mephisto that offering The Deal to Peter would be a great idea as a way to torment Peter: either Peter takes the deal and is endlessly unhappy and unfulfilled, or he let's May die and lives his life knowing he could have saved her.

To make it even more wild (that is, I think the above is plausible, I think the following is pretty tenuous) Mephisto never expected Peter to take The Deal, and Harry's resurrection was either required (to make the spell work) or punishment by Mephisto to Harry for putting him in that position in the first place. Harry spent the BND era trapped in his human body until *something* happened (to Mephisto?) that allowed him to go full demon again circa the Spencer relaunch.
    Great idea, if we're gonna tie Harry/Kindred back to One More Day like Spencer seems to be teasing throughout his run thus far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Great idea, if we're gonna tie Harry/Kindred back to One More Day like Spencer seems to be teasing throughout his run thus far.
    I think this is definitely tied to OMD and the whole appearance of kindred seems to have been triggered when Peter was about to propose to MJ, which would have nullified the deal with Mephisto.

So maybe Peters sin is both making the deal as well as trying to void the deal by proposing to MJ again.

And Mephisto chose Harry to become demonic and suffer to keep the deal intact as well as torture Peter and punish him at the same time... So either Peter can never be with MJ or his best friend is left to suffer and torture Peter as a demon.

So Harry is pissed Peter made the deal and even more pissed that he was chosen to suffer at the hands of Mephisto should Peter try to void the deal and get back with MJ.

In Harry's eyes, everything would be Peter's fault.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Web_Spinner View Post
    I think this is definitely tied to OMD and the whole appearance of kindred seems to have been triggered when Peter was about to propose to MJ, which would have nullified the deal with Mephisto.

So maybe Peters sin is both making the deal as well as trying to void the deal by proposing to MJ again.

And Mephisto chose Harry to become demonic and suffer to keep the deal intact as well as torture Peter and punish him at the same time... So either Peter can never be with MJ or his best friend is left to suffer and torture Peter as a demon.

So Harry is pissed Peter made the deal and even more pissed that he was chosen to suffer at the hands of Mephisto should Peter try to void the deal and get back with MJ.

Isn't Peter at the point where he'd say "F*ck Harry's problems." Wouldn't he just propose to MJ anyways without feeling guilty about it? Harry was supposed to be dead anyways.

I think Peter's getting a new Uncle Marty.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Web_Spinner View Post

Interesting take, though if Peter doesn't even remember making the deal . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.