I’m happy marvel finally made it official

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Attachment 107097

So it’s official Nate grey is a clone
    He's not a clone

I’m happy marvel finally made it official

What? His origin has always been that
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-10-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's not a clone

What? His origin has always been that
    Marvel has him as a clone C96C591F-34E8-40D3-B8EA-47E7F8D8DFE3.jpg

No they dont. Notice how Stryfe and Maddie are in red boxes, because they are clones. Nate was created via genetic splicing, which is a process close to cloning but he himself isnt a clone, not in the classic sense. He cannot be considering he shares DNA with Jean and Scott. Stryfe and Maddie arent listed with parents, whereas Nate is

I always viewed him as more of a younger brother to Cable honestly. At least biologically. Or maybe even a half brother, if you consider Maddy and Jean like twins.

Loved the Past Fears arc of Cable recently by Lonnie Nadler and Zac Thompson, where X-man showed up at one point and we got to see him and Cable interact.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I always viewed him as more of a younger brother to Cable honestly. At least biologically. Or maybe even a half brother, if you consider Maddy and Jean like twins.

Loved the Past Fears arc of Cable recently by Lonnie Nadler and Zac Thompson, where X-man showed up at one point and we got to see him and Cable interact.
    I mean, viewing them as twin brothers separated by decades is how I see it. Because genetically, they are the same person (maybe even born on the same day) but they're very different people.

Well... maybe. It’s more like same father but their mothers were twins, which is weird. But that makes them more half brothers than twins in my mind. Close enough though.

half brothers/cousins

No they dont. Notice how Stryfe and Maddie are in red boxes, because they are clones. Nate was created via genetic splicing, which is a process close to cloning but he himself isnt a clone, not in the classic sense. He cannot be considering he shares DNA with Jean and Scott. Stryfe and Maddie arent listed with parents, whereas Nate is
    Yes yes exactly! Marvel and fandom are sometimes wishy-washy with the term. I wished they would better use/separate 'clone' from 'genetic manipulation'. A clone duplicates the genetic materials of one donor/person. Maddie is a clone of Jean; Stryfe is a clone of Cable. Nate is product of genetic manipulation of DNA from (an alternate reality) Scott and Jean (as is Adam-X (Katherine Summers and D'Ken) and Xandra (Lilandra and Xavier) - I mean it's like in vitro fertilization but then taking the embryo and growing it in an artificial chamber rather than implanting it back in the womb, so not exactly a clone. Sorry it's my science background that makes me geek out on this stuff lol.

And speaking of which - they didn't even give Adam X his due in Marvel's Summer Family tree video haha!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    Yes yes exactly! Marvel and fandom are sometimes wishy-washy with the term. I wished they would better use/separate 'clone' from 'genetic manipulation'. A clone duplicates the genetic materials of one donor/person. Maddie is a clone of Jean; Stryfe is a clone of Cable. Nate is product of genetic manipulation of DNA from (an alternate reality) Scott and Jean (as is Adam-X (Katherine Summers and D'Ken) and Xandra (Lilandra and Xavier) - I mean it's like in vitro fertilization but then taking the embryo and growing it in an artificial chamber rather than implanting it back in the womb, so not exactly a clone. Sorry it's my science background that makes me geek out on this stuff lol.

And speaking of which - they didn't even give Adam X his due in Marvel's Summer Family tree video haha!
    I imagine not to spoil X-Men Legends #1-2 is why Adam-X got shafted. You're on the ball with Nate Grey and it's interesting to note how similar his origin is to Adam-X. Perhaps Mr. Sinister got Shi'ar inspiration in the Age of Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I imagine not to spoil X-Men Legends #1-2 is why Adam-X got shafted. You're on the ball with Nate Grey and it's interesting to note how similar his origin is to Adam-X. Perhaps Mr. Sinister got Shi'ar inspiration in the Age of Apocalypse.
    There’s so much Genetic manipulation in the summer family

Have Rachel Summers and Nate ever met?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Have Rachel Summers and Nate ever met?
    Yes

Yes

No talking to each other...boo.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    No talking to each other...boo.
    I believe that's the only time they've ever been on a single panel together aside from an AvX spread page. It doesn't indicate they've met or know each other, just that they know the other exists.