Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    I can't believe people are clamoring for Yu. He was God like in a past life, but he's clearly been the Achilles heel of this series.
    Yeah, dude was clearly at his low point and he KNEW that. That's why he's only doing covers and the latest ones have been unironically better. He was thrashed in this forum every time, absolutely EVERY TIME a new issue came out. And he'd continue to be thrashed if he came back.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's not the reason why he's doing only covers, though...but don't let truth (or the lack thereof) stop you from spreading speculation and personal opinion as fact.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-24-2021 at 07:13 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Oh yeah, he retired. Probably tired, developed some problem due to the fucked up way the industry treats artists and wanted to focus on something that wasn't so taxing. Maybe I should have included a "probably" or "likely" somewhere in my previous post to make sure I'm not spreading my opinions as facts. Which I didn't, but the sentence has been passed, obviously.

I really liked Yu's artwork in the Wolverine series, he was the hight point of that book during the Larsen years. And i did like some of his New Avengers work, mind you i think that around some point his art got worse, but i'm not quite sure when.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Was not a fan of Yu on Xmen the title deserves dynamic art and outside of the Crucible issue, his art doesn't do justice to the stories. Silva's fill in issue has remained my favorite based on art since the start of the book.

Yu's art was a mixed bag for me. Not only was his posing stiff, but he tended to draw faces in a way that made everyone look dry and elderly. When he pulled out all of the stops, like for the Empyre and X of Swords tie-ins, it looked great. Asrar and Buffagni's fill-in issues got a far better reaction out of me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    is sunspot really about to marrying Deathbird
    She must got a thing for black men, first Bishop and now possibly Sunspot??

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Where's her Summers baby??

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Sunspot is Black??!?!
    *gasps in Bleaching*
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Not liking the art.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I do not get it. How can such a great-selling flagship title like X-Men not get consistent art? Is it really so hard?
    For a flagship I expected better artists rotating the art. Yu was long past his prime, his art got a lot worse lately, it was time for him stop doing interiors.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I do not get it. How can such a great-selling flagship title like X-Men not get consistent art? Is it really so hard?
    Was Silva ever offered an X-Book? He should be at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Was Silva ever offered an X-Book? He should be at the top of the list.
    He is the regular artist on FF

X-Men #7 is one of the most gorgeous X-Issues (outside of HoX/PoX) in many years; when Yu takes his time he's still one of the best in the business.

I was a teen-ager in the 90's, so Booth on this week's X-Men will be a nice bit of nostalgia in this challenging time. Yu's work on X-Men lacked the energy we got from Larraz and Silva in HOX and POX. They set the bar.
    While I'm loving Silva on FF, I wish he had been tapped to be the regular artist on X-Men.
    Asrar is good, but I liked his work on WAXM a lot better than his current stuff.