Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If You Could Revive "All-Star Squadron"...

What would you do with it?

Extraordinary Member

I’m not sure I would. We’ve retreaded world war 2 so many times....

And now we’re almost a hundred from the start of WWII.

My All Star Squadron Team.

Liberty Belle=Jesse
    Hawkwoman=Kendra
    Fire Maiden=new member=Lexy Chandler African America Woman with Fire and Heat based powers
    H2O=Great Granddaughter of Tsunami
    Mary Marvel
    Hourman=Rick
    Starman=Jack
    Munro=Great Grandson of the original Iron Munro
    John Quick=jesse long lost brother=new character
    Bloodmoon=new character African American Man with Mystical based powers.
    Airwave=new character with Air Manipulation powers similar to the Red Tornado
    Amazing Man
    Tarantula=''Spiderman'' type character

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m not sure I would. We’ve retreaded world war 2 so many times....

And now we’re almost a hundred from the start of WWII.
    We're even farther from the Old West, yet we still like cowboy movies and western TV. And ditto other, even further events. In fact, there are still actual war stories from WWII that haven't AFAIK been told in movie format or even comic book format, such as the greatest underdog victory ever, the story of Taffy 3. Or the PQ convoys. I think a well written comic book featuring the JSA during the war as mystery men doing mostly covert missions with a mix of bigger superhero stuff to counter fantastical Nazi threats could be great. It all depends on execution. And as villains you can show no quarter to and hiss at without reserve, it's hard to beat Nazis.

It would be a period piece set in the 1940s. And for marketing reasons (due to character duplication) it would have JSA: as a prefix on the title. It would be a sister book to a present day set Justice Society of America series, and obviously Flash, Green Lantern, and Wildcat would be in both. Stories that happen to the ASS would have consequences for the modern JSA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Continue from where Roy Thomas left off?

Incredible Member

Period piece or just picking up where Roy left off.

Then a JSA series in the present.

And an All Star Comics for anthology or just rotating cast or focusing on a single member for an arc, kinda like JSA classified.

Then maybe fans will feel satisfied after having most of the characters in limbo for a whole decade.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd pick up where Roy Thomas left off. Seriously. Golden Age Earth 2 and all. A few things I'd like to see:

1.) An all female hero team-up with Liberty Belle, Firebrand, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Phantom Lady, Red Tornado, Miss America, Fury, and Tsunami.

2.) An all sidekick team-up, possibly leading to an Earth 2 Teen Titans) featuring Robin, Dyna-mite, Speedy, Sandy, Fury, & Little Boy Blue.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Continue from where Roy Thomas left off?
    Yes, but I'd expand it to something broader. Include some "untold stories" of the golden age characters, perhaps as the backup feature if you run it as a split book. That also gives you an opportunity to do stories with a more diverse cast, by featuring new characters that you claim were "dwelling in the background" back in the day, mainly focusing within their own communities, and generally "ignored by the media" of their time.

Set it in modern day, with a new team made up of well-known and lesser-known characters, who go after super-powered extremist factions within the US. Because in the DCU, you know a-holes like White Dragon and the Ayran Brigade are proliferating.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

76 years after the end of World War II, there is once again a need for heroes to fight against greater terror foreign and domestic. As chaos and hatred engulfs the world, the President has decided it is well past time to reform... the All-Star Squadron!

Members and Eqivelent Characters
    Air Wave = Air Wave (Hal Jordan)
    Amazing Man = Amazing Man III
    Blackhawk = Lady Blackhawk
    Captain Triumph = Tom Strong
    Commander Steel = Citizen Steel
    TNT = TNTeena
    Dyna-Mite = Dyno-Mite Dan
    Dr. Occult = Dr. Occult
    Firebrand II = Firebrand (Janet Fals)
    Guardian = Mal Duncan
    Hawkgirl = Kendra Saunders
    Johnny Quick = Meena Dhawan
    King = King Chimera
    Liberty Belle = Jesse Quick
    Manhunter = Kate Spencer
    Mr. America = Jeffrey Graves
    Red Tornado = Cyclone
    Robotman = Cyborg
    Sandy = Kieran Marshall
    Sargon = Jaimini Sargent
    Tarantula = Catalina Flores
    Whip = Shelly Gaynor
    Zatara = Zatanna
    Last edited by Gero4568; 01-22-2021 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Gero4568 View Post
    76 years after the end of World War II, there is once again a need for heroes to fight against greater terror foreign and domestic. As chaos and hatred engulfs the world, the President has decided it is well past time to reform... the All-Star Squadron!

Members and Eqivelent Characters
    Air Wave = Air Wave (Hal Jordan)
    Amazing Man = Amazing Man III
    Blackhawk = Lady Blackhawk
    Captain Triumph = Tom Strong
    Commander Steel = Citizen Steel
    TNT = TNTeena
    Dyna-Mite = Dyno-Mite Dan
    Dr. Occult = Dr. Occult
    Firebrand II = Firebrand (Janet Fals)
    Guardian = Mal Duncan
    Hawkgirl = Kendra Saunders
    Johnny Quick = Meena Dhawan
    King = King Chimera
    Liberty Belle = Jesse Quick
    Manhunter = Kate Spencer
    Mr. America = Jeffrey Graves
    Red Tornado = Cyclone
    Robotman = Cyborg
    Sandy = Kieran Marshall
    Sargon = Jaimini Sargent
    Tarantula = Catalina Flores
    Whip = Shelly Gaynor
    Zatara = Zatanna
    ^^^Thats pretty cool.

Fantastic Member

If I were given the power to get an All-Star Squadron project rolling, my first call would be to secure Roy Thomas as writer/editor. Second call? Jerry Ordway for art. From there, I'd step out of the way and let these two legends work their respective magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    If I were given the power to get an All-Star Squadron project rolling, my first call would be to secure Roy Thomas as writer/editor. Second call? Jerry Ordway for art. From there, I'd step out of the way and let these two legends work their respective magic.
    Works for me. Let Roy pick up where he left off, complete with Earth-2 Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, etc.

All-New Member

Here's the thing that I would do: I would ignore the DCU. Because, to be honest, is there a single person on the planet that could honestly tell you where things stand with each character, considering all of the reboots and retcons? So, I think jumping right in where Roy Thomas left it would be a great place to pick it up. And, if they did so and it became a hit (which it might), they could issue omnibuses that started with the original stuff and just jumped right into the new series, and they would sell well because the All-Star Squadron was something that had the ability to sell, even if it was a repackaging of stuff from 30+ years ago (because that old stuff was actually the GOOD stuff!!!).