Spectacular Member

Default Would a Wonder Woman / Indiana Jones crossover be appropriate?

If you take the movie Wonder Woman, you notice two things, first Wonder Woman lived through the Indiana Jones era and they are both archeologists, what would happen if we put them together in a movie? Could we make this work?

Incredible Member

It could be fun, but I think he'd basically end up being Steve Trevor with a whip and without the love angle.

I mean, her and any pulp adventurer explorer makes sense yes. It could be Indiana Jones, it could be Doc Savage, Allan Quatermain, etc. But Indiana Jones is owned by Disney, while Wonder Woman is owned by Warner Brothers. So we're not gonna see it any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    If you take the movie Wonder Woman, you notice two things, first Wonder Woman lived through the Indiana Jones era and they are both archeologists, what would happen if we put them together in a movie? Could we make this work?
    Since Indiana Jones is an action hero, then a crossover would probably have diminishing returns for one or both characters. That my general feeling about crossover stories, though. Could be a neat story, but oh well.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Yeah, that actually sounds kind of awesome.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Since Indiana Jones is an action hero, then a crossover would probably have diminishing returns for one or both characters. That my general feeling about crossover stories, though. Could be a neat story, but oh well.
    I'll tell you they may get Gal Gadot to play Wonder Woman, but it won't be Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones, they could try the acto who played Han Solo in the Star Wars movie Solo, I don't think he has much to lose. Indiana Jones would basically be a 1930s or 1940s stand in for Steve Trevor, and of course there will be some Nazis to fight. I don't think Diana will be actively Superheroing at this time, so she'll be full time Diana Prince until circumstances force her to become Wonder Woman, I think for a time they will get intimate and then she will break it off, after all Jones is not a one woman man.

I think a Wonder Woman and Lara Croft crossover would be cooler, but that's me.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I think a Wonder Woman and Lara Croft crossover would be cooler, but that's me.
    Well then, she could have stayed on "Paradise Island". (Trouble spelling the other name for it that begins with a T and sounds like "Thermal Mascara".)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Hawkman kind of serves that in DC but would allow him to keep with Diana when things get superheroic, but either way it'd be fun for a one-shot at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    Well then, she could have stayed on "Paradise Island". (Trouble spelling the other name for it that begins with a T and sounds like "Thermal Mascara".)
    The-My-Scira. That's how I remember to spell it. Chunking is such a valuable memory technique.