Default Amazons and Magic

We haven't seen much in they way of Amazon mages and mystics in the WW franchise even though the recent Justice League Dark focused considerably on Diana's connection to magic.

This is a thread to discuss how you would like to see the Amazons' use of magic explored and what Amazons should use it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We haven't seen much in they way of Amazon mages and mystics in the WW franchise even though the recent Justice League Dark focused considerably on Diana's connection to magic.

This is a thread to discuss how you would like to see the Amazons' use of magic explored and what Amazons should use it.
    I actually thought magic and farsight/prophecy should be the dominion of Phillipus. This would give her a reason for existing outside of being Hippolyta's alleged lover. I also like the idea of her having prophecy as farsight could be a great tool for creating and pushing narratives, and it would also give her another reason and a unique one for being a trusted advisor of Phillipus. I liked how in the Bloodlines movie Phillipus could use the cauldron(?) to see world events.

Well the Marston tales have a lot of elements from what we now call "New Age" beliefs, so all those things make sense as a form of magic, related to astral planes, telepathy, ki energy, etc. I think spirituality could be a really interesting part of the Amazons. Them being able to summon fallen souls and explore their inner eyes and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

While it was rather nefarious, I liked the secret group from the JLD run that worshiped Hecate.

I guess it's not really magic but I also liked the cultural stuff from LOWW with the Amazons being divided up among various gods they worshiped/took after.
    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I actually thought magic and farsight/prophecy should be the dominion of Phillipus. This would give her a reason for existing outside of being Hippolyta's alleged lover. I also like the idea of her having prophecy as farsight could be a great tool for creating and pushing narratives, and it would also give her another reason and a unique one for being a trusted advisor of Phillipus. I liked how in the Bloodlines movie Phillipus could use the cauldron(?) to see world events.
    Think that'd be more appropriate for Menalippe.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Menalippe had visions and was the main one with connections to the Gods wasnt she? She was the big magic one for the Amazons?

Fantastic Member

People are not aware that first superheroes in the minds of superhero culture were GREATLY influenced by Greek Mythology...

Super strength. lightning, speed, invulnerability, mind control, hypnosis, etc., etc.

While I don't expect the amazons to become the Olympians and its denizens either...it would be cool if the modern Amazon nation was a result of the gods and their denizens giving up their magical energies to create PI and its citizens, and hence you see hints of these powers in various amazons.

More importantly, Donna Troy can be the premier Mystic Warrior of PI, giving her a place than just a WW clone.

Epic battles like this can happen with magic, sword and shield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJBYmFez3xE
    Last edited by Titan Theo; 01-22-2021 at 09:33 PM.