Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's their opinion and you two shouldn't take it so personal.
    I don't see anyone taking anything personal. It's a discussion thread. This is how discussions work.

Doesn't matter, it's their opinion and you two shouldn't take it so personal.
    Who is taking it personally? Who said they couldn't dislike Dawn. Just pointing out that their opinion that Dawn was somehow more unrealistic than other characters, or that she "ruined the show" just doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
    Are you saying if someone offers an opinion, no one can disagree and offer a counter opinion without it being personal?

Oh no sir, I for one will not allow a greenhorn with only 190 post tell me what I should and should not do, I challenge you to pistols at Dawn!
    (This bit is a joke)
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-23-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't see anyone taking anything personal.
    I do. So how about we stay on topic and not get bent out of shape over someone else's choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Are you saying if someone offers an opinion, no one can disagree and offer a counter opinion without it being personal?
    No. I'm saying it's their choice and that's that. How about you actually participate instead of derailing by nitpicking everyone's choice.

I do. So how about we stay on topic and not get bent out of shape over someone else's choice.
    It is on topic. There's no wrong with wanting to discuss someone's choices.

No. I'm saying it's their choice and that's that. How about you actually participate instead of derailing by nitpicking everyone's choice.
    You do understand how this whole Forum thing works, don't you? People post stuff and then other people post a reply. It is not just a series of single post in response to the OP.
    We interact, we argue, we disagree, as long as we remain civil, we can say anything we want.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Dawn was possibly the most realistic character on the show.* It was her sudden, but completely accepted appearance that was jarring. Though of course this was later explained.

*Even more realistic than Xander, whom upon casual examination is clearly of above average intelligence, but can't help but spectacularly fail his grades.

I am no expert on autism or being on the spectrum in general, but from what I've gathered and it makes a lot of sense since its a sitcom, Sheldon Cooper wasn't that realistic. Granted, it was never outright stated he was either of these things, but the general comparisons at a surface level were always there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Commenting on people's post IS participating. But this idea seems to elude you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Family Matters. Steve Urkel. Nuff Said.
    True. Family Matters was supposed to be realistic and have moral lessons learnt each episode. But, once Steve was introduced, it quickly became the Urkel show with outlandish plots ever increasing whackiness. I loved it as a kid, but one episode he invented a teleporter and then he had that DNA machine that turned him in Urkel versions of Bruce Lee, Elvis etc.

Funny really, since the the character was only supposed to have one appearance.

Extraordinary Member

I guess you'd have to add Fonzie from Happy Days. The show was almost completely different in the first couple of seasons then it became the Fonzie show where he could become an expert at anything overnight. He could even stop all animal noises in the forest by yelling 'hey' or snapping his fingers.

Robert Goren from Criminal Intent, as a type seemed quite unlikely. Semi autistic and socially blind, but at the same time with a very high EQ and a preternatural ability to get inside peoples heads. To me, these traits seem at odds with each other, but I loved the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Robert Goren from Criminal Intent, as a type seemed quite unlikely. Semi autistic and socially blind, but at the same time with a very high EQ and a preternatural ability to get inside peoples heads. To me, these traits seem at odds with each other, but I loved the show.
    What I never understood about Goren is his dislike for authority figures. How he even manage to become a detective? Also, he's suppose to be the junior detective but the episodes usually have him take lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Dawn was possibly the most realistic character on the show.* It was her sudden, but completely accepted appearance that was jarring. Though of course this was later explained.

*Even more realistic than Xander, whom upon casual examination is clearly of above average intelligence, but can't help but spectacularly fail his grades.
    Actually, I find that completely believable. I knew people in High School that were extremely intelligent, but never applied themselves in class and got dismal grades. One even dropped out, then later got a GED and a degree from a community college, and ended up being a high-level programmer at Garmin.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    True. Family Matters was supposed to be realistic and have moral lessons learnt each episode. But, once Steve was introduced, it quickly became the Urkel show with outlandish plots ever increasing whackiness. I loved it as a kid, but one episode he invented a teleporter and then he had that DNA machine that turned him in Urkel versions of Bruce Lee, Elvis etc.

Funny really, since the the character was only supposed to have one appearance.
    Same with Mimi on The Drew Carey Show. She was supposed to do one episode. she actually was an asset to the show once she became a regular. Urkel ruined the show. Family Matters is one of the worst shows ever once that idiot Urkel became the focus of the show.