Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I never saw pre-radioactive spider bite Peter as adventurous or at risk taker. He was a supposed to be a wall flower. It was the powers and costume that made him confident. Him idolising super heroes is a pretty consistent character trait but he could help Hyperion better as a scientist than as photographer.
    I wasn't talking about what he acted like, but what he wanted to be like. He just never had the confidence to actually be a risk taker until the powers and the mask.

The same might be true for this Peter, but I'm guessing he is a bit more confident and a bit more of a risk-taker than High School Pete was simply due to being a fully-grown adult by this point. So a 28-year old Pete with no powers is a bit more like Spider-Man in that sense.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 02-04-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I like the idea of seeing a powerless Peter for once that turned out kinda alright. I don't think we've ever seen that before, have we? Every alternate version of Peter that didn't get bit ends up either dead, a bad person, or having an unfulfilling life of some sort (if I recall them all correctly?).
    Hey, wait a minute here, Kaito D. Kid!! That quote of mine is fake! I didn't write that!

I clearly said that Peter Parker MIGHT have his powers here, as in the picture we see him in a position where it would need Spider-Balance to not fall from the building. Peter must have powers, but he was not motivated to use them (not to mention he won't want to call the attention of the Squadron Supreme). Which means maybe Uncle Ben is still alive here.

Why are you faking my words?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Hey, wait a minute here, Kaito D. Kid!! That quote of mine is fake! I didn't write that!

I clearly said that Peter Parker MIGHT have his powers here, as in the picture we see him in a position where it would need Spider-Balance to not fall from the building. Peter must have powers, but he was not motivated to use them (not to mention he won't want to call the attention of the Squadron Supreme). Which means maybe Uncle Ben is still alive here.

Why are you faking my words?
    Sorry, I have no idea what that was about. I re-edited my post.

Astonishing Member

Sorry, I have no idea what that was about. I re-edited my post.
    OK, fine. But this has been really weird.

Have they confirmed what Norman Osborn is like in this universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Nothing has been mentioned about him, but he's kind of an interesting case. He became insane completely independent of Peter, but his whole supervillainy still got kicked off based on his desire to defeat Spider-Man to make a name for himself.

Thing is I imagine that a Tony Stark who never started going down the altruistic path probably would've started to muscle out any of his would be competitors too, including OsCorp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair point, so maybe in this world, Norman Osborn, whether he goes Goblin or not, becomes the rival/nemesis of Tony Stark, wanting revenge for having his company taken from him.
    I have another theory, actually. Many times, they have said that Carnage and/or the Green Goblin are Marvel's counterpart for the Joker. If that's the case, then I'll say there's a chance Norman Osborn is still the Green Goblin here, but his archenemy would be Nighthawk. And considering how violent and merciless this Nighthawk is compared to Batman, I doubt he would let the Joker (*sorry*) the Green Goblin live.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm realizing the great irony here is Jameson is probably going to be the one person vocal in not trusting the Squadron Supreme and thinking they're corrupt, but no one is going to believe him because it's Jameson saying it.
    Yeah! If that happens, the irony would surely kill me. However, even if Jameson goes against the Squadron, something tells me Nighthawk could cross another line Batman would not; and threat Jameson to shut his mouth or he will pay dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "The World of No Return"? That doesn't sound ominous at all.
    Please, we all know this won't last. Everything will be restore in the end, as the event reaches to 8 issues. It would interesting, however, that this event will be the one we saw in the teaser of "Avengers #700"; where Hyperion is breaking Captain America's shield. We will still have another "dimensional shift" after this; one that it would involve the Hand and a samurai Punisher.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Someone at the main HR thread posted a link to a Newsarama (yep, it still exists, folded into GamesRadar+) interview with writer Marc Bernardin, along with a few preview pages.

https://www.gamesradar.com/who-is-pe...that-question/

At least one Spidey supporting character's still the same no matter what universe he's in.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Someone at the main HR thread posted a link to a Newsarama (yep, it still exists, folded into GamesRadar+) interview with writer Marc Bernardin, along with a few preview pages.

https://www.gamesradar.com/who-is-pe...that-question/

At least one Spidey supporting character's still the same no matter what universe he's in.
    and it took him losing his legs to change as a person wonder if he would still go to war in this timeline
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

"It wouldn't feel quite like a Peter Parker story if he didn't run into at least one of his great loves. Which one, and how that interaction plays out, will have to remain a secret for now!" - So, MJ? Gwen? Felicia?

Looks like Hyperion's not too big on caring about collateral damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "It wouldn't feel quite like a Peter Parker story if he didn't run into at least one of his great loves. Which one, and how that interaction plays out, will have to remain a secret for now!" - So, MJ? Gwen? Felicia?

well its the marvel universe collateral damage is a job for some
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    well its the marvel universe collateral damage is a job for some
    Like Damage Control, Inc.!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

If he's not Spidey he's unlikely to ever encounter Felicia. And we know Gwen becomes a superhero as Nightbird. It would make the most sense to be MJ.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If he's not Spidey he's unlikely to ever encounter Felicia. And we know Gwen becomes a superhero as Nightbird. It would make the most sense to be MJ.
    I was just thinking what would be the greatest contrasting dynamic if he's not Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking too.

+ Without Spidey, Peter and Felicia couldn't have ever met. And besides, in a "DCed" version of the Marve Universe, it's quite possible that Felicia will become a "Catwoman" for Nighthawk's Batman. Although with a Nighthawk who is even creepier than Batman, I doubt it.

+ There's a chance that Peter and Gwen didn't meet in this reality, although they should if Peter's scholar career remained the same.

+ Mary Jane was Peter's neighbor for years, even before he became Spider-Man. In fact, MJ discovered Peter was Spider-Man the very same night Uncle Ben died. And Aunt May tried to present Mary Jane to Peter for years (Bless you, Aunt May!). So, there's no reason to think Peter and MJ can't meet in this reality. Besides, many people tend to compare Mary Jane with DC's Lana Lang; so it would match with Peter's version of Jimmy Olsen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking too.

+ Without Spidey, Peter and Felicia couldn't have ever met. And besides, in a "DCed" version of the Marve Universe, it's quite possible that Felicia will become a "Catwoman" for Nighthawk's Batman. Although with a Nighthawk who is even creepier than Batman, I doubt it.

+ There's a chance that Peter and Gwen didn't meet in this reality, although they should if Peter's scholar career remained the same.

+ Mary Jane was Peter's neighbor for years, even before he became Spider-Man. In fact, MJ discovered Peter was Spider-Man the very same night Uncle Ben died. And Aunt May tried to present Mary Jane to Peter for years (Bless you, Aunt May!). So, there's no reason to think Peter and MJ can't meet in this reality. Besides, many people tend to compare Mary Jane with DC's Lana Lang; so it would match with Peter's version of Jimmy Olsen.
    If this is Peter in HS then unless the story is exceptional then count me out. As for the regular character, it will likely be MJ ( unfortunately probably as a party girl). The wish Marvel decided to go outside the box and choose Anna Maria, Carlie or even Betty but that is too much to ask.

Anna Maria and Carlie both shouldn't be around yet. Betty though, should be his colleague at the Bugle, though whether she's a secretary like originally or a reporter like in more modern stories is up in the air.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

MJ does show up, as his neighbour, after his high school graduation.

But...
    spoilers:
    the issue ends with Peter, infected by Annihilus, attempting suicide by jumping out of the Bugle building, to avoid endangering others.
    end of spoilers