Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Non-Stop Spider-Man #3 Spoiler Thread

This book definitely lives up to its name. Thoughts?

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...ana-spider-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This book definitely lives up to its name. Thoughts?

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...ana-spider-man
    In one word: Disappointed

It needs to have actual Spider-man goodness, both action and brain.The fight stuff was okay but ultimately is rendered meaningless because there is no pay-off.I was hoping for more from this issue.The first 2 were set up and I was hoping this would have a lot of the action pay-off.The fight with Zapata Brothers should have been won by Peter instead of taking the Norah talking route.The inclusion of Norah takes away so much from the comic for me.I like the character and the idea of playing keep away while fighting these guys is good but I want Spider-man to actually out-smart them.We established that they have the brain-power but don't really know how to apply it.They should have played with that and have Peter trick them.
    The Zapata Brothers are very cool though.I hope to see more of them specially in ASM.
    The plot is not progressed at all.It feels hollow.
    The "don't damsel me" is stupid.It's not about genders.One is an experienced crime-fighter with super-powers and one of the smartest people on the planet whereas the other is a human journalist.The ending feels forced.
    Hopefully we can get Spider-man going non-stop against Baron Zemo and everything else is a background thing.
    Art got kind of messy at places.The dialogue was good though.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-03-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Ayooooo! My review is number 2!!!
    66F2F01A-FE2A-4638-86D2-970CD06EEE2D.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ayooooo! My review is number 2!!!
    66F2F01A-FE2A-4638-86D2-970CD06EEE2D.jpg
    Congrats, Well deserved!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Congrats, Well deserved!!!!
    Thank you, love. Much appreciated.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yes, congratulations are indeed in order. As for the comic itself, the Zapata Brothers were pretty cool with their newly heightened intelligence and expressing some semblance of standards when they found out where that heightened intelligence really came from, not to mention the ending had me looking forward to Spider-Man facing Baron Zemo. Hopefully that's where the comic really gears up and starts living up to its name.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I thought this was actually a lot better than the previous 2 issues. I will stick around thru the end of the arc (its issue 5 right), and will decide then to continue or not.

I liked it a bit better than the ASM issue this week. The Zappata Bros are funny and legit a threat. I had fun with the issue and Spidey and Norah are okay together. I've always had a love hate thing NOra. Sometimes I love seeing her, sometimes I hate seeing her. She kinda fell in the middle in this issue. I kinda wish Spidey would have defeated them outsmarting rather than Norah talking, but it does not really take away from the issue.

I'm ready for the next issue LOL!

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Solid issue, nothing special but this series has been pretty consistently fun so far.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man