Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    yellow and red? Spider-Woman?
    With the extra info released today I'm guessing it was Hyperion that Peter was taking a picture of.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah, I didn't think of Squadron Supreme until it was revealed to be a Jason Aaron story. Clearly Peter is the Jimmy Olsen to Hyperion's Superman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Ugh, are there actually people nostalgic for the Heroes Reborn universe?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    It's just a name.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This really has nothing to do with the original beyond "The Avengers disappeared". It's mostly a Squadron Supreme story.

.... it would actually have been interesting to see Spider-Man as part of a "Squadron Supreme" team since, normally, you're never going to see Spider-Man with the Justice League. Maybe in another alternate world, someday. (I'd prefer this to be a "positive" Squadron team rather than corrupted/mind controlled/grimdark, etc.)

Astonishing Member

OK, I have to say, this has been a great disappointment. I expected something else from "Heroes Reborn", not an event that turns Marvel Universe into a wannabe version of DC. It worries me, however, the kind of stories about how different things can be in this new reality.

Peter Parker becoming a Jimmy Olsen character? Please, he deserves better than that. However, the idea of Spider-Man and Superman working together in a newspaper is not actually new. I mean, this actually happened back in the series DC vs Marvel, which created ther Amalgam Comics. Even so, Peter Parker as photographer and friend of Superman is way better level than Jimmy Olsen.

Now, whatever happens in this new reality, I won't say the real heroes (like the Avengers) are really gone. I mean, by the look of the preview, things are not what they seem:
    + They said Captain America died in WWII, but the preview clearly shows a figure in front of the frozen Cap. Which means Cap is alive, but he was never unfrozen. Blade could possibly unfroze him in this new reality.
    + Tony Stark was never trapped in the cave, and by the look of the preview, it seems he became the kind of jerk that Obadiah Stane or Lex Luthor is, selling weapons for profit without caring who gets hurt. Even so, that doesn't mean he didn't create an Iron Man's armor, even if he didn't create it in this reality for the same reasons.
    + Carol Danver's origin was reset as a Kree/human hybrid, which means she still has her powers, but she hasn't awaken them by the look of the preview.
    + It's obvious that Hulk exist in this reality, but something seems off in it. I would say he's trapped in the Negative Zone, and this reminds me the What If? story about Rick Jones becoming the Hulk instead of Bruce Banner. The story ended up with Rick freed of Hulk and his version of Hulk trapped in the Negative Zone. this could be the case.

Now, about this reality's Peter Parker, I don't think he's powerless either. In previous comic, we have seen that Peter Parker used to be a real weakling and have afraid of heaights BEFORE the spider bit him. But look at the picture of him! He's in a very dangerous position in the Daily Bugle's sign, on top of its building. It's quite easy to fall from there. Therefore, I believe this Peter Parker has his spider-powers too; but obviously he never got a reason to use them. Which means there's a high probability for Uncle Ben to be alive here. Not only that, maybe Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy are alive too. Finally, by the look of the preview, it seems Peter will uncover somekind of secret that will put him in danger. Which means we could see this reality Peter's to become Spider-Man after all.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The way you put it maybe he doesn't want to draw attention to his super powers for some good reason. Maybe the SS will try to recruit him, or Black Skull will mess with him?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The way you put it maybe he doesn't want to draw attention to his super powers for some good reason. Maybe the SS will try to recruit him, or Black Skull will mess with him?
    The Squadron Supreme clearly prove to be more "aggresive" than the Avengers. Aside of Wolverine and Alpha Flight, there's no trace of mutants in this reality; so we can assume the Squadron finished off the Mutant's problem is a VERY drastic way.

Surely Peter neither wants to draw attention or sees himself useful with the Squadron Supreme in charge. I mean, if Peter didn't lose Uncle Ben here, then he was never motivated to become Spider-Man. But something tells me THAT could end up happening in this reality at some point.

Black Skull's presence is a paradox, however. Spider-Man was the one who brought Venom to the Earth, so this symbiote can't be Venom. It's probably one of those symbiotes used during Viethnam War, like Tyrannosaurus. But there's no way that's Venom's symbiote.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Yeah Venom himself is product from Spider-Man but then again it’s a fake AU so who playes by whatever rules it wants

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Yeah Venom himself is product from Spider-Man but then again it’s a fake AU so who playes by whatever rules it wants
    AU or not, continuity and history must be respected; otherwise, this is just a non-sense after another where imagination goes too wild. House of M and other realities had their own logica history to explain al things. For example, how did Spider-Man get rich in HoM? Because with Mutants in charge, everyone supposed Spider-Man was one of them too.

Not that some non-mutants didn't earn respect anyway - Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, was the most popular non-mutant superhero in House of M's reality.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With Peter's potential as an scientist I expected something much better than being limited to be just a photographer again. Not that I was expecting him to have any significant role in this series, as in all the last years crossovers, but still this feels like a new low to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    With Peter's potential as an scientist I expected something much better than being limited to be just a photographer again. Not that I was expecting him to have any significant role in this series, as in all the last years crossovers, but still this feels like a new low to me.
    People actually like him being at the Daily Bugle. Depending on his age, it can be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    People actually like him being at the Daily Bugle. Depending on his age, it can be ok.
    He looks to be Lee/Ditko young going by the Heroes Reborn art.