Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The way I see it, this universe is returning the marvel characters to their "default" status quo. It's like say it's a new low for Tony Stark because he's going to be back to being a war mongering profiteer.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The way I see it, this universe is returning the marvel characters to their "default" status quo. It's like say it's a new low for Tony Stark because he's going to be back to being a war mongering profiteer.
    And Carol's just a fighter pilot.

They've announced Magneto and the Mutant Force, so I'll be surprised if there isn't also a Spider-Man book. Hyperion's Pal Peter Parker?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I might be in the minority, but I like the idea of seeing a powerless Peter for once that turned out kinda alright. I don't think we've ever seen that before, have we? Every alternate version of Peter that didn't get bit ends up either dead, a bad person, or having an unfulfilling life of some sort (if I recall them all correctly?).
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 02-07-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They've announced Magneto and the Mutant Force, so I'll be surprised if there isn't also a Spider-Man book. Hyperion's Pal Peter Parker?
    Or maybe a Daily Bugle book?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I like the idea of seeing a powerless Peter for once that turned out kinda alright. I don't think we've ever seen that before, have we? Every alternate version of Peter that didn't get bit ends up either dead, a bad person, or having an unfulfilling life of some sort (if I recall them all correctly?).
    The Aunt May Spider-Ma'am had Peter be May's Guy in the Chair, but last we saw he also had the Carnage Symbiote...

Peter might be a regular civilian, but Miles is Nighthawk's sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Peter might be a regular civilian, but Miles is Nighthawk's sidekick.
    So in a world without Peter Parker as Spider-Man, Miles becomes a sidekick. Hmm...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So in a world without Peter Parker as Spider-Man, Miles becomes a sidekick. Hmm...
    It's kinda ingenious since without the first Spider-Man, all of the other independent teen heroes would still be sidekicks.

The fact that Kamala and Sam also became sidekicks in this world makes it even more ingenious.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 02-03-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Generally agreed.

It's kinda ingenious since without the first Spider-Man, all of the other independent teen heroes would still be sidekicks.

The fact that Kamala and Sam also became sidekicks in this world makes it even more ingenious.
    That is a very ingenious point there, since Spider-Man broke the mold for what a teen/"kid" hero could or should be, back when he first debuted.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well, Golden Age Captain America is also a teen hero (his birthday was later established as 4 July 1922, which means he was 18 when he got his powers) - but he was never treated as one back then. It is indeed Peter who's considered the original independent teen hero (Johnny Storm pre-dates him as Fantastic Four started a year earlier, but I don't think his Human Torch solo feature does).

Yeah, Kamala as Girl Power in that is basically the Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl, Sam as Kid Spectrum is basically Teen Lantern, and Miles as Falcon is based on Tim Drake's Red Robin. And they're fighting Deadpool, who's inspired by Deathstroke, a Teen Titans villain.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-03-2021 at 06:47 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is a very ingenious point there, since Spider-Man broke the mold for what a teen/"kid" hero could or should be, back when he first debuted.
    For real, I'm getting Yesterday vibes with this take on Spider-Man. It's like that part of the movie where you find out all the iconic Beatles locations are no longer iconic locations cuz the Beatles never happened. I'm hoping it's not just Spider-Man but all the missing Avengers in the book get a bit of historical context like that.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 02-03-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

For real, I'm getting Yesterday vibes with this take on Spider-Man. It's like that part of the movie where you find out all the iconic Beatles locations are no longer iconic locations cuz the Beatles never happened. I'm hoping it's not just Spider-Man but all the missing Avengers in the book get a bit of historical context like that.
    That would be cool to see, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

In a world were Peter was never bitten by a radioactive spider and never became Spider-Man would he have become a photographer? He only took it up a profession because he and Aunt May were short on money following Uncle Bens death and him being Spider-Man could sell pictures of himself.

In a world were none of that happened he would likely have gone into the sciences. Would he be better as working in the new universe version of Star Labs and helping Hyperion that way be better than him being his Jimmy Olsen analog.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    In a world were Peter was never bitten by a radioactive spider and never became Spider-Man would he have become a photographer? He only took it up a profession because he and Aunt May were short on money following Uncle Bens death and him being Spider-Man could sell pictures of himself.

In a world were none of that happened he would likely have gone into the sciences. Would he be better as working in the new universe version of Star Labs and helping Hyperion that way be better than him being his Jimmy Olsen analog.
    This is giving me bad Horizon High flashbacks...

I don't know if Aaron will go into it at all (probably not) or if Peter will get his own tie-in, but there might be an explanation. Like he wanted to follow the heroes he idolized.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

You know I was thinking, if Peter Parker is the Jimmy Olsen adjacent in this universe...would that turn Tony Stark into the Lex Luthor?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.