Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I think I like the idea of this Peter being a photographer. I think it's telling that Peter would still end up in a career that's adventurous and a bit risk-tasking. He might not be a hero or have altruistic intentions, but his impulses still seem Spider-Man esque. Even down to the fact he climbed to the top of the Bugle in the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    You know I was thinking, if Peter Parker is the Jimmy Olsen adjacent in this universe...would that turn Tony Stark into the Lex Luthor?
    Have they confirmed what Norman Osborn is like in this universe?

You know I was thinking, if Peter Parker is the Jimmy Olsen adjacent in this universe...would that turn Tony Stark into the Lex Luthor?
    I guess Tony without Iron Man isn't much better even if he's not evil, but he's a weapons maker who sells to the highest bidder.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Have they confirmed what Norman Osborn is like in this universe?
    Nothing has been mentioned about him, but he's kind of an interesting case. He became insane completely independent of Peter, but his whole supervillainy still got kicked off based on his desire to defeat Spider-Man to make a name for himself.

Thing is I imagine that a Tony Stark who never started going down the altruistic path probably would've started to muscle out any of his would be competitors too, including OsCorp.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm realizing the great irony here is Jameson is probably going to be the one person vocal in not trusting the Squadron Supreme and thinking they're corrupt, but no one is going to believe him because it's Jameson saying it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Nothing has been mentioned about him, but he's kind of an interesting case. He became insane completely independent of Peter, but his whole supervillainy still got kicked off based on his desire to defeat Spider-Man to make a name for himself.

Thing is I imagine that a Tony Stark who never started going down the altruistic path probably would've started to muscle out any of his would be competitors too, including OsCorp.
    Fair point, so maybe in this world, Norman Osborn, whether he goes Goblin or not, becomes the rival/nemesis of Tony Stark, wanting revenge for having his company taken from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "The World of No Return"? That doesn't sound ominous at all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I just realized this might be possibly the first time we've seen Peter at the Bugle with Robbie and Jonah in decades.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just realized this might be possibly the first time we've seen Peter at the Bugle with Robbie and Jonah in decades.
    And not as a science editor

The important thing here is that Shutterbug Peter dates Betty.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The important thing here is that Shutterbug Peter dates Betty.
    uh, so is he still a high school student here? Is he only part time? And did Betty drop out of school (the retcon)....? I hope they avoid the creepiness of a 19 year old dating a 17-ish year old..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh, so is he still a high school student here? Is he only part time? And did Betty drop out of school (the retcon)....? I hope they avoid the creepiness of a 19 year old dating a 17-ish year old..
    I'd assume he'd still be an adult since the only difference is he never got powers here. He never got bitten, so he wasn't there to stop the burgular but going by the what if's from the past, since he was home the night the Burgurlar probably past on trying to rob his house.

Might or might not be dating Betty. I mean the whole reason their relationship feel apart the first time was she though Peter was too much of an adrenaline junkie and him chasing pictures of Hyperion may still fit that bill.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Why is Peter holding an old-school camera? (I know that there are film camera aficionados out there.) Heirloom? Unless it only looks like it's old.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'd assume he'd still be an adult since the only difference is he never got powers here. He never got bitten, so he wasn't there to stop the burgular but going by the what if's from the past, since he was home the night the Burgurlar probably past on trying to rob his house.

Might or might not be dating Betty. I mean the whole reason their relationship feel apart the first time was she though Peter was too much of an adrenaline junkie and him chasing pictures of Hyperion may still fit that bill.
    And Miles is also still a teenager so unless this universe has drastically altered the ages, Peter is probably in his 20's here even if he looks like early Lee/Ditko Peter.

The books aren't all set at the same time - there's a book starring a teenage Hyperion and the Imperial Guard. So this could indeed be teenage Peter, and the Young Squadron book is just set years later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Default Dl He

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think I like the idea of this Peter being a photographer. I think it's telling that Peter would still end up in a career that's adventurous and a bit risk-tasking. He might not be a hero or have altruistic intentions, but his impulses still seem Spider-Man esque. Even down to the fact he climbed to the top of the Bugle in the cover.
    I never saw pre-radioactive spider bite Peter as adventurous or at risk taker. He was a supposed to be a wall flower. It was the powers and costume that made him confident. Him idolising super heroes is a pretty consistent character trait but he could help Hyperion better as a scientist than as photographer.