Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Of COURSE this would be the first book to properly utilize the new status quo with Arrako. Ewing literally never ceases to amaze.

Astonishing Member

So did the quiet Council sign off on the assassination of royalty? Or was that just something that Magneto and brand did on the side?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Of COURSE this would be the first book to properly utilize the new status quo with Arrako. Ewing literally never ceases to amaze.
    The man never misses when it comes to continuity!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So did the quiet Council sign off on the assassination of royalty? Or was that just something that Magneto and brand did on the side?
    More Brand than Mags, I think. SWORD does not answer to the Quiet Council

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That was what the whole last few pages were about. Magneto points out that it’s good that the others didn’t know what it meant to end the Snarkwar, because he knows it means assassinations. They then discuss whether murder no man applies to aliens. So brand did it on her own.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Loved the issue. spoilers:
    It was great seeing Cortez getting dressed down. Fully expect him to start working with Gyrich now. Brand showing why she's actually a perfect match for Beast. Khora looks interesting, I was hoping Cortez' replacement would be Chance, but I'm not holding that against Khora. It will be interesting to see how an Arraki mutant will work with others. She and Chamber should meet.
    end of spoilers

Can't help but wonder if the reason Cortez is getting this level of humiliation because they are trying to set him up as an antagonist with an actual reason for potentially betraying them all.

Wasn't someone from SWORD trying to work out some sort of peace treaty with the aliens? Or was it another species?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Wasn't someone from SWORD trying to work out some sort of peace treaty with the aliens? Or was it another species?
    That was Eden...in issue #3.
    It wasn't a peace treaty, though. He was trying to get the Snark to help them defeat Knull by offering in exchange the use of the powersets of two powerful mutants. The Snark turned him down and was ultimately assassinated almost immediately after by someone unknown.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

This series continues to confuse, intrigue, and capture my overall attention. Today's issue was a lot to unpack as others loved the addition of Khora from Arakko definitely did not expect an Arakki in space?! Ewing continues to be one of my favorite writers in the era!!

Who were the two security? Forearm and Sunder??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Cortez is such a scumbag but he's was oddly charming in a pathetic sort of way. i think he literally man-spread to the council at one point in the issue and it was weirdly hot lol

Magneto really does not like him, really rubbing in that he respects Peepers more than Cortez lol.

Anyway S.W.O.R.D. continues be awesome and I can't wait for the GotG crossover. Magneto and Billy interaction pls!

Fantastic Member

best x-book ongoing right now hopefully the next arc wont be its last.....for people who bitch about the crossover and tie in the book 100 percent would be doa with out them and al ewing actually makes things work...hopefully more cortez more vought and throw some of the otehr acolytes in there as well

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Who were the two security? Forearm and Sunder??
    Forearm & Slab.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    More Brand than Mags, I think. SWORD does not answer to the Quiet Council
    I don't think Brand even lives on Krakoa, so she might not even be subject to Krakoan law. Magneto sure is, though, and he, qu'elle surprise, doesn't really think they apply to him.

While I love Cortez getting humiliated (and Peeper's point about being all proud of his human name and heritage, and not even having a 'mutant name'), I do hope that his eventual anger doesn't get taken out on Peeper, whom I've always liked. (And I kind of wish it was Anne-Marie Cortez who got to serve him the tea, as she's definitely earned the right!)

I like that an Arraki mutant is getting drawn into events off of Arakko. I do wonder why it's not Chance, or one of the three or four other power-enhancing mutants that already exist serving as Cortez' replacement.

Still, this remains consistently the best X-book, IMO.