Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't think Brand even lives on Krakoa, so she might not even be subject to Krakoan law. Magneto sure is, though, and he, qu'elle surprise, doesn't really think they apply to him.

While I love Cortez getting humiliated (and Peeper's point about being all proud of his human name and heritage, and not even having a 'mutant name'), I do hope that his eventual anger doesn't get taken out on Peeper, whom I've always liked. (And I kind of wish it was Anne-Marie Cortez who got to serve him the tea, as she's definitely earned the right!)

I like that an Arraki mutant is getting drawn into events off of Arakko. I do wonder why it's not Chance, or one of the three or four other power-enhancing mutants that already exist serving as Cortez' replacement.

Still, this remains consistently the best X-book, IMO.
    IDK about that. He didn't really do the stuff Brand did, just figured out what she did.

Spectacular Member

I don't think Brand even lives on Krakoa, so she might not even be subject to Krakoan law. Magneto sure is, though, and he, qu'elle surprise, doesn't really think they apply to him.

While I love Cortez getting humiliated (and Peeper's point about being all proud of his human name and heritage, and not even having a 'mutant name'), I do hope that his eventual anger doesn't get taken out on Peeper, whom I've always liked. (And I kind of wish it was Anne-Marie Cortez who got to serve him the tea, as she's definitely earned the right!)

I like that an Arraki mutant is getting drawn into events off of Arakko. I do wonder why it's not Chance, or one of the three or four other power-enhancing mutants that already exist serving as Cortez' replacement.

Still, this remains consistently the best X-book, IMO.
    Currently I don’t think there is a backup for Cortez and that has been Brand’s concern as she doesn’t trust Cortez. When she was looking for replacements she had four possible.

Michael Nowian but his augmentation came with addictive side effect
    Boost but he could only enhance one mutant at a time
    Mister M. Who might have been top choice but whereabouts are currently unknown
    Khora was the ideal choice but there was concern she was too loyal to Arakoa and wouldn’t leave

Chance was not mentioned as a possible substitution. Do we have confirmation that she is currently among those living on Krakoa and if she still retains her powers.
    Last edited by Basilisk; 04-22-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Khora was the ideal choice but there was concern she was too loyal to Arakoa and wouldn’t leave.
    It interests me how little we've seen of the other Arakkoans thus far. There's the meta reason of other writers having no idea what to do with them, and FAR too many crayons already in the box that they DO want to play with, but for an in-story reason, it's possible that every mutant in Arakko grew up in a demon-haunted wasteland and haven't yet processed that it's entirely safe to poke their heads out, that this whole thing isn't some mad dream that could disappear and they all get sucked back into Amenth or something...

Khora being among the first to actually step outside into this new unknown world suggests an uncommon bravery.

This whole SWORD book is so 'outward-facing' that I kind of love how different it is from the rest of the X-books, which feel like of 'inward-facing' at the moment, if that makes sense. (And I love the sometimes incestuous messy magnificent history of the X-verse, so I like the inward-facing stuff too, particularly X-Factor and New Mutants, but this is a nice break into a whole wider Marvel Universe, and not just the mutant ghetto side of things.)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It interests me how little we've seen of the other Arakkoans thus far. There's the meta reason of other writers having no idea what to do with them, and FAR too many crayons already in the box that they DO want to play with, but for an in-story reason, it's possible that every mutant in Arakko grew up in a demon-haunted wasteland and haven't yet processed that it's entirely safe to poke their heads out, that this whole thing isn't some mad dream that could disappear and they all get sucked back into Amenth or something...

Khora being among the first to actually step outside into this new unknown world suggests an uncommon bravery.

This whole SWORD book is so 'outward-facing' that I kind of love how different it is from the rest of the X-books, which feel like of 'inward-facing' at the moment, if that makes sense. (And I love the sometimes incestuous messy magnificent history of the X-verse, so I like the inward-facing stuff too, particularly X-Factor and New Mutants, but this is a nice break into a whole wider Marvel Universe, and not just the mutant ghetto side of things.)
    Exactatiously!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Currently I don’t think there is a backup for Cortez and that has been Brand’s concern as she doesn’t trust Cortez. When she was looking for replacements she had four possible.

Michael Nowian but his augmentation came with addictive side effect
    Boost but he could only enhance one mutant at a time
    Mister M. Who might have been top choice but whereabouts are currently unknown
    Khora was the ideal choice but there was concern she was too loyal to Arakoa and wouldn’t leave

Chance was not mentioned as a possible substitution. Do we have confirmation that she is currently among those living on Krakoa and if she still retains her powers.
    I hate Arakko mutants.

Would have much rather seen Nowlan or Chance.

I don't blame Nowlan for wanting nothing to do with mutants after what Frenzy and Stinger did.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 04-23-2021 at 09:53 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

This is one of the most interesting series at the moment
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

The hellfire gala cómic is free in comixology. The designs of Valerio Schiti are the best ones with the Dauterman designs.

And im super interested in Khora. What a nice surprise and add to the team

2more numbers left of Schiti. Im going to miss his art in this series

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    The hellfire gala cómic is free in comixology. The designs of Valerio Schiti are the best ones with the Dauterman designs.

And im super interested in Khora. What a nice surprise and add to the team

2more numbers left of Schiti. Im going to miss his art in this series
    Yupp. I just don't get it. Why the X-Office don't realise or understand the importance of a consistent and constant creative team...especially one that works so well and beauty-full together.
    The next artist has some amazing panels to fill.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. I just don't get it. Why the X-Office don't realise or understand the importance of a consistent and constant creative team...especially one that works so well and beauty-full together.
    The next artist has some amazing panels to fill.
    Sadly sword is not going well on sales, I think that the answer. We will see Schiti in the new series in August by Leah Williams.

So reading guardians the lastest issue i'm glad i read ewing black bolt and his inhuman series because he has been playing with the progenitors for some time now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So reading guardians the lastest issue i'm glad i read ewing black bolt and his inhuman series because he has been playing with the progenitors for some time now.
    I missed the boat on Ewing’s Guardians during the first run. Is it worth picking up the latest couple of issues of this new volume? Honestly, those Booth covers are so not my thing so it put me off picking it up in single issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    I missed the boat on Ewing’s Guardians during the first run. Is it worth picking up the latest couple of issues of this new volume? Honestly, those Booth covers are so not my thing so it put me off picking it up in single issues.
    I've only read the issue with Peter coming out as Bi and the current issue #13 in preparation for the crossover. It was a good issue, seems like the start of their journey to becoming heros of the galaxy. A lot of action and Billy and Teddy are in it so all pluses for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The Hellfire Gala Guide today makes it seem like S.W.O.R.D. is one of the four "red issues" teased for the Hellfire Gala. S.W.O.R.D and the three issues that were obvious as "red issues" (Planet-Size X-Men, Marauders, X-Men) are all shown large and placed over the rest of the lineup of issues.

So it's gonna be a big one.

https://www.gamesradar.com/inside-th...with-al-ewing/

New interview with Al Ewing on GamesRadar.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/inside-th...with-al-ewing/

New interview with Al Ewing on GamesRadar.
    Thank god there's text. I hate podcast.

Good interview.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-28-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.