Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    You're not the only one with a negative reaction to this new "crossover". My post was too all those posts.

I said negative reactions are exaggerated. I never said any of the facts were exaggerated. I confirmed the facts and gave my views on them which you conveniently ignored.

What do you mean how does it affect me? It seems to be affecting you IMO. A negative reaction to a crossover written by the same person and only involving two books is a waste of time.

Best to trust the writer. If you didn't, you wouldn't care about these two books having a mini crossover.
    I did not 'ignore' your views, they did not have anything to do with you referring to something as an exaggeration (and you did not specify "reactions", which hardly changes anything anyway since I did not have much of a reaction in the first place) which is what I was taking exception to. And I asked how it affected you because I do not see any reason to describe what I said as exaggerating.

Considering you just described this as only involving two books when the article clearly states it will include more than just the two books, it is obvious you are not discussing anything in good faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean feel how you feel it's your prerogative, I personally don't get the complaints even the KIB issues were good & moved along all the plot points Ewing wanted to move it's not like this derails anything Ewing has been planning it this is apart of the story he wanted to tell I don't get the complaints but do u!
    The KiB tie in in issue #2 threw me right out. I am only getting back in with issue #5. I was tolerating the HG tie in because I was going to read the PSX issue for the new team anyway. I have no interest in picking up additional books to enjoy this one and am not about to throw money down in hopes this will read fine without reading anything else.

I do not know why it is hard for people to accept that tie ins can lessen the enjoyment for some. It is not like I am telling you it is strange that you do enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The KiB tie in in issue #2 threw me right out. I am only getting back in with issue #5. I was tolerating the HG tie in because I was going to read the PSX issue for the new team anyway. I have no interest in picking up additional books to enjoy this one and am not about to throw money down in hopes this will read fine without reading anything else.

I do not know why it is hard for people to accept that tie ins can lessen the enjoyment for some. It is not like I am telling you it is strange that you do enjoy them.
    I mean again do u, IDK why u keep trying to explain to me IDC do u.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean again do u, IDK why u keep trying to explain to me IDC do u.
    Sorry boss.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Ah yes, the person who writes the title choosing to cross over with his own book is trying to kill it.
    No, don't be silly - the Editor are trying to kill this book.
    It's the editor's job to tell the writers "No, you may not do another crossover so soon after the last one - you're driving away costumers"
    Failure to do this job is the issue.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't understand the complaints against the tie-in with KiB.
    It was a tie-in in name and marquee only as those SWORD issues had absolutely nothing to do with the actual event and what was happening in those books.
    Other than the Dragon Simbiotes and Cable being possesed by Knull they didn't feature any of the main and secondary KiB characters like the Avengers, Dr. Strange, etc. In fact, they heavily featured the SWORD cast members reacting to the global event and thereby giving us really good insight into their characters and powersets.

Issue 2 was the cast battling the dragon simbiotes and a possessed Cable show up as the ending cliff-hanger.
    Issue 3 was all about Eden and his power. (If you skipped this issue then you missed out on some really good stuff)
    Issue 4 was about confronting Cable and ending the KiB influence over Krakoa...thanks to Eden and what was developed in issue 3.

Ewing had seemlessly woven his story with that of the event...so much so that it did not even feel that it was a part of a major event.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't understand the complaints against the tie-in with KiB.
    It was a tie-in in name and marquee only as those SWORD issues had absolutely nothing to do with the actual event and what was happening in those books.
    Other than the Dragon Simbiotes and Cable being possesed by Knull they didn't feature any of the main and secondary KiB characters like the Avengers, Dr. Strange, etc. In fact, they heavily featured the SWORD cast members reacting to the global event and thereby giving us really good insight into their characters and powersets.

Issue 2 was the cast battling the dragon simbiotes and a possessed Cable show up as the ending cliff-hanger.
    Issue 3 was all about Eden and his power. (If you skipped this issue then you missed out on some really good stuff)
    Issue 4 was about confronting Cable and ending the KiB influence over Krakoa...thanks to Eden and what was developed in issue 3.

Ewing had seemlessly woven his story with that of the event...so much so that it did not even feel that it was a part of a major event.
    Not to mention manifold kicked serious butt in the crossover. Epic af

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Not to mention manifold kicked serious butt in the crossover. Epic af
    Exactatiously.

It's not as though the Avengers and Knull showed up to take over the story and the SWORD cast played the victims having to be saved by outside forces.

But whatever...those who decided to skip these issues missed out on some really good story-telling and character developments.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.

It's not as though the Avengers and Knull showed up to take over the story and the SWORD cast played the victims having to be saved by outside forces.

But whatever...those who decided to skip these issues missed out on some really good story-telling and character developments.
    If it helps you not worry about me, the books I Bought instead of the KiB tie ins were just as good.
    Last edited by cranger; 04-20-2021 at 01:00 PM.

The SWORD/GotG arc should be quite interesting. I LOVE Ewing's space stuff.

Astonishing Member

Ok this issue was freaking amazing. Not that I doubted him before but the sword/gotg crossovers in good hands.

WHOOOOOOOOOO! I'm ready. Lol this issue was damn good. Hahaha i nearly fell out my chair watching fabian and seeing how shallow he was and his comeuppance. and the new character. Let's go!

I mean yooooo, the canidate can't be. But she royalty though. It isn't. lol. There were a few more panels. This was a great read 10/10
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-21-2021 at 07:28 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I have to say, between everyone trolling Fabian, and Magneto shutting him down HARD with one sentence, the issue would be worth it even if we didn't have the Snarkwar subplot.

But the way that subplot played out, especially given the way it ties into both the main plot and the theme of the issue... this isn't giallo.

It's aureo.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 04-21-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Lol Emma was not impressed. The Gala was more important

So many great issues out today! Way of X, Spider-Woman, and SWORD were fantastic!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Today's issue had my high ass in tears I was gagging comedic & narrative genius!