Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Another crossover already!
    They are trying to kill this title.

Any recommendations on other Ewing runs to read if I'm enjoying this title?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant_Lover View Post
    Known for his long-term world building and big payoffs, mastermind writer Al Ewing has completely revolutionized Marvel’s space-based sagas, introducing exciting new developments such as Emperor Hulkling, the Kree/Skrull Empyre, the return of S.W.O.R.D., and a wild new lineup for the Guardians of the Galaxy. And since last year’s epic EMPYRE, Ewing has laid the groundwork for an explosive conflict that’s set to erupt this July in THE LAST ANNIHILATION, a new storyline that will impact some of your favorite cosmic titles and more. THE LAST ANNIHILATION will unfold throughout the summer starting in July with GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #16 and S.W.O.R.D. #7.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #16 will see the entire galaxy under attack, the likes of which haven’t been seen since Annihilus first waged war. Someone out there has awakened with a new vision for the universe and they have the army to make it a reality. When five different planets fall under siege, will it be too much even for the new Guardians of the Galaxy to handle?

S.W.O.R.D. #7 will take place immediately following the Hellfire Gala. The party is over...but not all the guests have gone home. Victor Von Doom is staying for dinner. Be there as he catches up with an old friend… just as THE LAST ANNIHILATION hits!

"GUARDIANS and S.W.O.R.D. have been building their own unique gravity for a while now, and in space, when two objects have gravity, there's a pretty good chance they'll crash into each other - or get sucked into the orbit of something even bigger,” Ewing says. “Marvel Space these days is a fragile coalition of worlds that chose peace over war, a little bubble of hope in a cruel void - but there's an enemy nobody ever suspected readying an attack that'll either cement all those frail alliances or tear them to pieces."

This summer...the war to end all wars begins. And not everyone’s going to come home. Find out who the mysterious foe behind THE LAST ANNIHILATION is on June 23 in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #15. And be there on July 21 when it kicks off in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #16!

Finally a crossover that makes sense!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I think this is the right type of crossover though. Only two books, both about space, both written by the same person who has a good reputation with teams.

So this is good.

Of course, this is Marvel, so by tomorrow they'll announce every Marvel book will tie in and it'll be told in 30 issues or less.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Ah yes, the person who writes the title choosing to cross over with his own book is trying to kill it.

This isn't like KIB & Ewing set up this crossover in Empyre before Sword was even announced that man has been planning unlike KIB which was all consuming this is self-contained by one writer and it makes sense.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-19-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This isn't like KIB & Ewing set up this crooner in Empyre before Sword was even announced that man has been planning unlike KIB which was all consuming this is self-contained by one writer and it makes sense.
    The press release says it will run through a bunch of other stuff. I am not arguing with your opinion on the crossover, but the reality is this will be the third tie in the title will be in. 4 issues out of 7, three different crossovers, and that number of tie ins is going to get higher. Hopefully it does not derail the bigger story, or even the little things, people might have been believing to be set up in this book. Expect to see a lot of people complaining about it as they are justified in doing so.

Mighty Member

You guys are exaggerating.

The bad crossovers are across the whole line and involve books that have nothing to do with its theme nor do they even affect the outcome of the story.

Good crossovers are small, and usually written by a tight knit team/one person team.

The 3 "crossovers" are KIB (a story about an outer Space threat targeting Earth and SWORD is an outer space team focused on protecting Earth), the Gala (again an event about all mutants coming together and SWORD is a mutant book) and now this a mini event in two books with the same writer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    You guys are exaggerating.

The bad crossovers are across the whole line and involve books that have nothing to do with its theme nor do they even affect the outcome of the story.

Good crossovers are small, and usually written by a tight knit team/one person team.

The 3 "crossovers" are KIB (a story about an outer Space threat targeting Earth and SWORD is an outer space team focused on protecting Earth), the Gala (again an event about all mutants coming together and SWORD is a mutant book) and now this a mini event in two books with the same writer.
    Since I am the only one who posted since you corrected the last person who made a negative opinion I guess you mean me.

I stated facts. Which ones did I exaggerate? 7 issues, 4 tie ins.

Some people just do not like tie ins. How does that affect you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Probably Guardians of the Galaxy or Ultimates.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Since I am the only one who posted since you corrected the last person who made a negative opinion I guess you mean me.

I stated facts. Which ones did I exaggerate? 7 issues, 4 tie ins.

Some people just do not like tie ins. How does that affect you?
    You're not the only one with a negative reaction to this new "crossover". My post was too all those posts.

I said negative reactions are exaggerated. I never said any of the facts were exaggerated. I confirmed the facts and gave my views on them which you conveniently ignored.

What do you mean how does it affect me? It seems to be affecting you IMO. A negative reaction to a crossover written by the same person and only involving two books is a waste of time.

Best to trust the writer. If you didn't, you wouldn't care about these two books having a mini crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The press release says it will run through a bunch of other stuff. I am not arguing with your opinion on the crossover, but the reality is this will be the third tie in the title will be in. 4 issues out of 7, three different crossovers, and that number of tie ins is going to get higher. Hopefully it does not derail the bigger story, or even the little things, people might have been believing to be set up in this book. Expect to see a lot of people complaining about it as they are justified in doing so.
    I mean feel how you feel it's your prerogative, I personally don't get the complaints even the KIB issues were good & moved along all the plot points Ewing wanted to move it's not like this derails anything Ewing has been planning it this is apart of the story he wanted to tell I don't get the complaints but do u!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean feel how you feel it's your prerogative, I personally don't get the complaints even the KIB issues were good & moved along all the plot points Ewing wanted to move it's not like this derails anything Ewing has been planning it this is apart of the story he wanted to tell I don't get the complaints but do u!
    I agree that the SWORD issues worked too. I did dislike the other books being involved in that event though. I heard Cyclops and Storm got turned into Venoms, and I didn't read that story cause I knew it had no importance to what's going on in the X books.

The Hellfire event works for me too. Especially since it's a moment for social moments to occur as opposed to being an event about saving the world from an unstoppable threat that takes out all Omega superheroes except the ones involved in that main book.

The XofSwords event had like 5 good issues. That event would've worked great as a 6 issue event. Making it 22 issues was the problem.

The crossover will highlight how much cooler than the GotG's new designs SWORD looks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    GotG, and Royals have the same feel, and to an extent Ultimates. A book that well doesn't have the same feel but is really good by him is the Immortal Hulk.