Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Just finished episode 7. Wow! This is intense. Now I have to wait a whole week for the next episode. This has been really good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Just finished episode 7. Wow! This is intense. Now I have to wait a whole week for the next episode. This has been really good so far.
    Holy crap that was amazing!!!!! I’ve got to get the second ultimate collection now this series is too good! I haven’t been this excited about a comic related property in a LONG time!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

spoilers:
    I wonder if Mark and Amber are going to get back together or if they're going to head straight into the relationship with Eve, but even Eve is getting mad and tired of Mark's BS, but I guess he'll finally be less wishy-washy after the Omni-Man fight. By the time of the comic part of the reason for Eve's sabbatical was to get away from Mark being with Amber, but I'm not sure if she's as in love with him yet here, even if she obviously cares.

It was kind of fun seeing Cecil throw all this stuff at Nolan to basically delay "that" scene, even if you knew it was coming. I also liked Cecil still being disgusted by Sinclair compared to the comic.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Young justice has some competition

Amber is pretty much Zendaya MaryJane
    I think this show definitely has more impactful fight sequences than a lot of the fights in Outsiders.

Incredible Member

Haven't read the comics at all, so went into this completely blind. Definitely didn't expect the show to be about what it is. Seven episodes later and I am all caught up. Can't wait for the next episode. It's pretty amazing how many people they got to voice characters on the show - once Jason Mantzoukas started talking, I knew this show was on my wavelength.

spoilers:
    Although I do enjoy the show, I still think it revels a little too much into its R-rating, vis a vis the violence. It was shocking and served its purpose in the end of episode 1, but after that they go to the well too much that it loses its purpose. It becomes kind of like Mortal Kombat, where the fatalities just become cheesy.

Since I haven't read the comics, the execution of the 'Evil-Superman' idea here is interesting since there is a mystery to the evilness, and the character still maintains a level of heroicness (is still the character of Nolan). Contrast with what I saw in Snyder's Justice League - his Evil Superman idea is boring since it just involves Darkseid mind control so the character is just another superpowered villain named Superman rather than a Superman turning evil.

One question I had after finishing Episode 7 - Cecil utilized some of the other combatants that gave Mark/Omniman some trouble, so why didn't Cecil interrogate Machinehead, and hire that villain who injured Mark? If he thinks Mark has a chance to take out Omniman, why doesn't he use the guy who took out Mark?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Haven't read the comics at all, so went into this completely blind. Definitely didn't expect the show to be about what it is. Seven episodes later and I am all caught up. Can't wait for the next episode. It's pretty amazing how many people they got to voice characters on the show - once Jason Mantzoukas started talking, I knew this show was on my wavelength.

spoilers:
    Although I do enjoy the show, I still think it revels a little too much into its R-rating, vis a vis the violence. It was shocking and served its purpose in the end of episode 1, but after that they go to the well too much that it loses its purpose. It becomes kind of like Mortal Kombat, where the fatalities just become cheesy.

Since I haven't read the comics, the execution of the 'Evil-Superman' idea here is interesting since there is a mystery to the evilness, and the character still maintains a level of heroicness (is still the character of Nolan). Contrast with what I saw in Snyder's Justice League - his Evil Superman idea is boring since it just involves Darkseid mind control so the character is just another superpowered villain named Superman rather than a Superman turning evil.

One question I had after finishing Episode 7 - Cecil utilized some of the other combatants that gave Mark/Omniman some trouble, so why didn't Cecil interrogate Machinehead, and hire that villain who injured Mark? If he thinks Mark has a chance to take out Omniman, why doesn't he use the guy who took out Mark?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Battle Beast was done with Earth after thrashing Mark and the Global Guardians.
    end of spoilers

How do you guys feel about Amber? I notice a lot even dislike her animated version or like her due to her having more of a personality

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How do you guys feel about Amber? I notice a lot even dislike her animated version or like her due to her having more of a personality
    Haven't read the comics, but Amber is just.... fine. She just feels like a plot device (like Mark's best friend) to give him some high school drama as opposed to supporting characters I want to know more about (For example - The Simpsons has Flanders as a plot device for Homer, but Flanders is still fleshed out enough that he's a supporting character I wouldn't mind spending more episodes with). It sounds like she has an even smaller role in the comics?

spoilers:
    I will say that after Mark revealed his secret identity to her, and she stated she knew for weeks, then their argument at the college no longer made any sense to me. She accuses him of running away, he says he was getting the cops, she says he abandoned them. Clearly, since she already knew that he's Invincible, this complaint of abandoment (as opposed to lying to her) doesn't make any sense, as he clearly saved his best friend's life.
    end of spoilers

Renewed for seasons 2 and 3, let's go! Best animated show I've watched for the last few years.

https://www.cbr.com/amazon-renews-in...tiple-seasons/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Renewed for seasons 2 and 3, let's go! Best animated show I've watched for the last few years.

Eff yeah! Loving the show, keep it coming Amazon!

Astonishing Member

This show is some of the most violent shows I’ve ever seen, and it looks like Saturday morning cartoon which I find kind of funny. If I showed the first episode to a unknowing kid they might mistake this show as one of those bloodless Marvel Disney XD shows this watch. Western animation doesn’t do serious violent animated shows as much as their Japanese cousins so this show is somewhat an anomaly. Happy it got renewed but the animation could be better. I’m not expecting Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli but I think the animation should be on par with something like Primal, or even that R-rated Harley Quinn show. At least a bit more expressiveness for the facial animation. I recently re-watched that the Batman/Superman crossover special from the 90’s and its striking that despite that being nearly 30 years old that still puts this new show to shame animation wise! The liveliness in the motion of the characters, and expressiveness in how the characters emote is strong and nowhere near as cheap looking as this looks half of the time. Z
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-29-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Darn that was one heck of a finale. The cast and crew really outdid themselves! Can’t wait for season 2 & 3!
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-29-2021 at 06:13 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post

This is one of the best comic shows that I’ve watched in a while
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Cecil is so much more likable here than he comes across in the comic. He's basically my favorite character

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Cecil is so much more likable here than he comes across in the comic. He's basically my favorite character
    Yeah, you really get the sense that, as morally gray as the stuff he does is, his intentions are ultimately good and he still cares about people.

That train scene DESTROYED me.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8