Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

It dropped early.
    "When people show you who they are believe them."Maya Angelou

Wow I completely forgot about the slaughter, the episodes was so easy going and upbeat until that.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Been a few years since I read the comics but it seems like a pretty good adaptation so far. First episode had me a bit worried about the animation quality with some dodgy flying shots but I haven’t noticed anymore since so that’s ok.

Extraordinary Member

I’m trying to figure out how long Omni-Man was on that alien planet, since we know time passes by faster there.

Only one episode deep right now but....man, this show.

Invincible was my favorite comic. For a while there, it was the only thing that kept me going to the LCS. It was one of the books that cemented my wife's love of comics and we discovered it together, early in our relationship (and the book wasn't too far into its story yet either). I recommended the title to everyone who would listen, and ended up turning a chunk of folks into die-hard Invici-fans. I damn near dropped a tear when Kirkman announced the title was ending.

But when word about the cartoon hit, I wasn't thrilled. I'm not much of a cartoon guy, and while I'll make exceptions now and then, it's not a format that really gets me going.

But this show. It's been years since I read Invincible, especially the early issues but this looked and felt like Mark, Nolan, and everyone else was lifted right out of the page. Is the animation the kind of top-level stuff you see in some of the big anime like One Punch? No, but it's a damn faithful adaptation of Invincible's style, the dialogue sounds right (the late-night conversation between Mark and his mother in episode 1 really nailed both of them, I thought) and I was amazed at how good watching the show felt. Sort of like coming home to visit family you haven't seen in a long time.

Gonna watch episode 2 right now, and episode 3 tomorrow, so I can stretch it out a little bit more and have less of a wait for the next one.

You can tell this was done with a lot of love and respect for the source material, and the cast and crew have my heartfelt thanks for bringing Mark Grayson back into my life.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

It's pretty good, but the comic is better,
    it may sound like meme, but seriously,
    they artist of the comic play with the panels better than the cartoon,
    guess some times it just don't translate well enough,
    but it's a pretty good animation for my taste.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Just watched the first 3 episodes and loved them. Hope Invincible is here to stay for a very long time.

Finished the first three episodes. Liked it vey much. I never got into the comic book because I already collect enough Marvel and DC. Like the characters. I did go on Amazon for trades so I could get more of a backstory. I went online for the reading order. It’s pretty extensive.

One any else saw the one punch looking guy?

Untitled.jpg

Forgot how much I love the Mauler Twins
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I was hoping to read the comics when my library reopens (if they have it...). Is this entirely additional material? I can't decide whether or not to watch it
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I was hoping to read the comics when my library reopens (if they have it...). Is this entirely additional material? I can't decide whether or not to watch it
    No it's actually a retelling of the comics in pretty close fashion so far. Can't really recommend start with the comics or with the shaw tbh because both are so good, so I'd say go with whatever floats your boat, either way you're in for a treat

All-New Member

It was violent, spoiler,.....like watching superman murder the justice league and not in benign cartoons way?

BANNED

So Mark is actually half-Asian,
    his mother is actually Korean, didn't realize that when reading the comic.
    Also the voice actors seems like Asian right, apart from JK Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    So Mark is actually half-Asian,
    his mother is actually Korean, didn't realize that when reading the comic.
    Yeah you can actually tell now from the cartoon but couldn't really tell just from reading the comics.