Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Cecil is so much more likable here than he comes across in the comic. He's basically my favorite character
    Yeah he's feel like more an ******* in the comics, here you kinda root for him
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

You guys think maybe we will get a blu-ray release?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guys think maybe we will get a blu-ray release?
    Probably gotta wait a year or more for it. Streaming shows are stingy when it comes to home video.

I hope we get video games.

I hope we get video games.
    I doubt we'll get an actual game but I can see them adding Nolan and Mark to Mortal Kombat.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I doubt we'll get an actual game but I can see them adding Nolan and Mark to Mortal Kombat.
    I can see Nolan getting in moreso than Mark. His character would fit tone of MK moreso than Mark.

Am I the only one who hates Eve's parents

If you've read the comics you'll know they're not the most likeable pair, though they don't seem as bad here.

spoilers:
    The title of worst parents in Invincible goes to Bulletproof's parents though.
    end of spoilers

I thought they were morons. Their traditional values could not be applied to her. Like, they really thought Rex could "protect" her when she's the most powerful of the group? A lot of blindness going on to believe that.

BANNED

Well, the finale is better than the comic, the emotional buildup, the subway scene, it's great,
    glad that William is gay now so we don't get that weird William/Eve couple in the comic.

No. Them being kind of terrible is consistent with the comic.

I actually think Eve's parents are better on the show than in the comic. The print version of them is utterly unlikeable, with no redeeming qualities of any kind, and only one small scene towards the latter end of the series where they're even somewhat tolerable and understandable. On the show, while they're still just the absolute worst, there's a smidgen of humanity and concern for their daughter buried under the sexism and 1950's parody that makes them feel a tiny bit more sympathetic.

Anyway, that finale was everything I want it to be and more. So gods damn satisfied with this! I didn't think this show could hold up to the source material; that's my favorite comic of all time and my standards are f*cking high. But Rogan and everyone else on the show has totally sold it, and I daresay even improved on the story of the early issues.

Someone asked about Amber. She's okay. Honestly, she never really was much of a character in the first place, more like the personification of Mark being torn between his old "normal" world and the world he entered when he put on the costume. I think overall the show handles her a slight bit better, they at least gave her the thing at the community center, but Amber was never compelling or interesting as a character and I still don't find her to be one here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

A lot of characters were made better in the show except maybe Amber.

I think Amber has a lot more character in the show than she did in the comic even if I feel like they're dragging the relationship out...but I guess that's true to the comic, honestly.

Yeah, Mark stayed with her way too long in the comic...but that "back and forth" thing is very high school, and thus fitting, even if Amber is a bore and we're all just waiting for the real relationship to start (though I never found Eve the most compelling love interest or character, either).

I really enjoyed how they played the setup for all the simmering threats; Doc Seismic, the Sequids, Titan, etc., set against Mark's "finish high school, I guess" comment to Allen.

Can't imagine this show playing out better than it did. Seriously, I'm damned impressed.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.