All-New Member

Question The Comic Book when Supergirl got shot by Bruce Wayne

Call it middle age nostalgia, but I'm trying to re-collect the comics I had when I was a kid and I would really appreciate help from the DC gurus who recall all things 1970's.

For the life of me I cannot recall the title, published mid to late 70's. When I was a kid, I had comic which opened by Supergirl sneaking into an office (Bruce Wayne as Police Commissioner?) and getting shot with a lazer or some such thing. Supergirl getting shot ends up being cause for a night time battle between older heroes and younger heroes. The whole thing gets broken up by Superman at the end. The text regarding superman appearing read something like "the silver haired guardian."

Heroes who appeared (that I recall) included Wonder Woman and Midnight.

Yes, I know not much to go on, but if someone recalls the issue/book title. I would be most grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Really_Old_Guy View Post
    Call it middle age nostalgia, but I'm trying to re-collect the comics I had when I was a kid and I would really appreciate help from the DC gurus who recall all things 1970's.

For the life of me I cannot recall the title, published mid to late 70's. When I was a kid, I had comic which opened by Supergirl sneaking into an office (Bruce Wayne as Police Commissioner?) and getting shot with a lazer or some such thing. Supergirl getting shot ends up being cause for a night time battle between older heroes and younger heroes. The whole thing gets broken up by Superman at the end. The text regarding superman appearing read something like "the silver haired guardian."

Heroes who appeared (that I recall) included Wonder Woman and Midnight.

Yes, I know not much to go on, but if someone recalls the issue/book title. I would be most grateful.
    The comic you're looking for is All-Star Comics #69
    https://www.comics.org/issue/31598/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight_night78 View Post
    The comic you're looking for is All-Star Comics #69
    https://www.comics.org/issue/31598/

Thank you! You are a superhero!