Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Another series that got the x way to early was the 2009 Exiles series. Jeff Parker finally seemed to be getting the team back to what it was before Claremont ruined the original series. Parker really got what the book was supposed to be about, and it's a shame Marvel killed it after only 6 issues. I really think is marvel had waited a year or two and let the stink of the Claremont series die down before launching this series it would have done much better.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think it is cannon since it takes place in that ever widening gap between WW2 and the modern age. There are 3 that I know survived from that series. Pixie and Major Mercury (Makkari) who are both Eternals, and Yankee Clipper who got thrown forward in time to around the time of the formation of the FF so he was not there for the big battle with the Skrulls witch killed most of the heroes of the time period.
    Awesome update. Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    A good choice. There was still so much story to be told here. Have to say I was not a fan of the Onslaught mini-series that "concluded" it. Bad art, and, the "Bucky twist" was awful.

Peace
    Thanks. And that "conclusion" you mentioned was truly heartbreaking.
    But, I believe Marvel made up for that when they brought Rikki back and explained her situation:

As for my pick of a comic gone too soon, I'll go with Ostrander and Ferry's Heroes for Hire. Perhaps one of my favorite Marvel books ever, and it still had soooo much potential.

Peace
    In agreement with you about the 90's version of H4H!
    Ostrander was doing interesting work for Marvel during that time, and his version of the Punisher is a personal favorite...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I will echo Asguardians of the Galaxy along with Guardians 3000. As well as Journey into Mystery featuring Lady Sif from the recent past.

I will add Deathlok with Henry Hayes
    Deathlok_no1_Edmondson.jpg

Red She-Hulk(Betty) solo was also enjoyable. The final issue of that 10 issue run set up an interesting new team around Tesla that could've been fun. The Man-Thing fan in me also was sad.
    Red_She-Hulk_Vol_1_66.jpg

Avengers A.I. had much more to give than its 12 issues was allowed to do.
    Avengers_A.I._cover.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

American dream. 5 issues and call it a day. They sell halloween costumes of her every year and toys but never use her in the comics?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Warren Ellis' HELLSTORM and its (sorta) sequel DRUID. Dark and done well.

THE CREW (2003)by Christopher Priest and Joe Bennett. Not sure how its recent sequel compares in quality.

"The Crew was about four hardened heroes who had all lost their families; four men who came together initially out of self-interest, but would soon discover their commonality of loss. The Crew were all in one way or another orphans. These men were intensely dedicated to their respective goals, but each had a hole in their center. The seven stories that were released before the book's cancellation were for the most part introductory pieces, basically breaking down the lives of each member, his personal pain, and the universe he lived in. If the series had continued, it would have highlighted each man's personal evolution to his "state of grace."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crew_(comics)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    THE CREW (2003)by Christopher Priest and Joe Bennett. Not sure how its recent sequel compares in quality.

"The Crew was about four hardened heroes who had all lost their families; four men who came together initially out of self-interest, but would soon discover their commonality of loss. The Crew were all in one way or another orphans. These men were intensely dedicated to their respective goals, but each had a hole in their center. The seven stories that were released before the book's cancellation were for the most part introductory pieces, basically breaking down the lives of each member, his personal pain, and the universe he lived in. If the series had continued, it would have highlighted each man's personal evolution to his "state of grace."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crew_(comics)
    It's recent sequel really DOESN'T compare (IMHO), Coates didn't and doesn't grasp what makes the first title click (which is a shame because I wanted to like it and was excited by the idea)

detail.jpg
    One of the best FF comics I've read in my life- and only 8 issues long. Slott's FF is okay in my book, but this... this was pure gold.

Sean McKeever's INHUMANS volume got 12 issues as part of Marvel's "Tsunami" manga inspired line but it was never as appreciated as Paul Jenkins prior volume even though it is a quite worthy sequel focusing on a younger batch of Inhumans branching out from the Jenkins series and their experience as exchange students on Earth...
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/inhumans/4050-18639/

It was collected as "YOUNG INHUMANS"
    https://www.amazon.com/Young-Inhuman.../dp/0785133828
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-02-2021 at 12:44 AM.

Personally, I've always preferred the Ladronn version...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Personally, I've always preferred the Ladronn version...

Me too. Written by Carlos Pacheco, of all people (his FF, IMHO, was quite good). One of the few times the Inhumans clicked for me.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Another series that got the x way to early was the 2009 Exiles series. Jeff Parker finally seemed to be getting the team back to what it was before Claremont ruined the original series. Parker really got what the book was supposed to be about, and it's a shame Marvel killed it after only 6 issues. I really think is marvel had waited a year or two and let the stink of the Claremont series die down before launching this series it would have done much better.

I really liked this series. Maybe it would have done better with a more eye-catching art (even though it was fine for me, perhaps a more edgier stuff would have drawn in a larger crowd). It really should have lasted longer.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    detail.jpg
    One of the best FF comics I've read in my life- and only 8 issues long. Slott's FF is okay in my book, but this... this was pure gold.
    Seconded! Great choice!

Me too. Written by Carlos Pacheco, of all people (his FF, IMHO, was quite good). One of the few times the Inhumans clicked for me.

Peace
    In agreement with you about Pacheco. Both of his runs were most enjoyable...

Pre-Heroes Reborn

Post-Heroes Reborn

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-03-2021 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.