Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This one was probably never intended to go further then it did...but loved the Asgardians of The Galaxy.
    I kind of feel that the creative team had maybe hoped it would go beyond its 10 issue run, to me the final 2 or 3 issues seemed rushed and condensed, likely a result of being a tie in to War Of The Realms. Just felt like its own narrative arc broke down in order to provide quick resolution to a couple of threads developed in the main event titles.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I loved the MC2 universe. I loved pretty much every title. But my favorite was J2 Bully Yuma the son of Juggernaut. I remember reading this series when it came out while I was on break at the drug store I worked at. I would go to the magazine rack and take it to the break room I know the character story line was pretty much a rip off of early Spiderman comics. Billy Yuma being bullied at school. But his bully loved his super hero alter ego.

The cover for my favorite issue. It told the story of J2 one on one fight with The Hulk when The next Avengers fought the original Defenders.

I think his name was Zane Yama, but it's been a long time.

-Pav, who would love to see J2 on an Exiles team...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Avengers Academy had a solid run, but they should revive it and include all the characters from other short-lived books about younger characters: Young Allies, New Warriors (2014), U.S.Avengers, Unstoppable Wasp, Kate Bishop's West Coast Avengers, etc

Make it a compliment to Champions.

Sounds good as it would get a lot of kids out of limbo, but it's not the best time for that right now - it would look like a rip off of DC's Teen Titans Academy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Slingers remains my favorite team book to this day, and I was stoked to see them brought back in the recent Scarlet Spider series.

Honestly, I love finding the hidden gems that Marvel has produced and forgotten over the years. Off the top of my head, here are some series I wish had lasted longer:

Dr. Voodoo
    CB & MI:13
    Livewires
    Bishop: the Last X-Man
    Weirdworld
    Craptacular B-Sides
    Avengers: the Initiative
    Agents of Atlas (original team)
    Agents of Wakanda

-Pav, who couldn't believe when AoW used the Livewires...
    Oh man Avengers: The Initiative was so great!

Incredible Member

I am truly shocked that no one has mentioned THE CREW!! That was such a good series with a fascinating cast, taken before its time (and never really given a chance)

To clarify, that's the original 7 issues by Priest (featuring Rhodey, Junta, Josiah X and Kasper Cole) not the more recent second attempt by Coates that didn't really grasp the feel/flavour of Priest's series IMHO
    Last edited by James Hunter; 01-24-2021 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Clarification!

The original Nightmask, Keith Remsen.

I'd like to see something all new.

These 2 stories were strangely similar....but I liked them both.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

agreeing with Captain Britain and MI:13 and the Doctor Voodoo series.

Adding the Scarlet Witch series by James Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I think his name was Zane Yama, but it's been a long time.

-Pav, who would love to see J2 on an Exiles team...
    Your right. Went back to fix it. My bad.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Adding the Scarlet Witch series by James Robinson.

This book was perfect, and renewed my faith in Robinson (although his Wonder Woman run quickly squashed that faith again). I don't recall if Scarlet Witch was canceled, or if it ended because Robinson was done, but either way I wanted more.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

This book should've lasted a lot longer. They'd only recently found a new direction that was full of potential for Simon, but no... he got shunted off to a gimmick driven title and was dead before we knew it.

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I loved the MC2 universe. I loved pretty much every title. But my favorite was J2 Zane Yuma the son of Juggernaut. I remember reading this series when it came out while I was on break at the drug store I worked at. I would go to the magazine rack and take it to the break room I know the character story line was pretty much a rip off of early Spiderman comics. Zane Yuma being bullied at school. But his bully loved his super hero alter ego.

The cover for my favorite issue. It told the story of J2 one on one fight with The Hulk when The next Avengers fought the original Defenders.

The entire MC2 line died way too soon. There were some great characters there and a lot of fun stories.

Another book I enjoyed that died way too soon...

Ghost Rider 2099. Even for 2099 books, the title never really felt like it got the respect it deserved.

Sleepwalker.

8160LKJR1-L.jpg

Only 6 issues but man I loved every second of it. I will bring this up anytime I can. Its a great little story.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I am truly shocked that no one has mentioned THE CREW!! That was such a good series with a fascinating cast, taken before its time (and never really given a chance)

To clarify, that's the original 7 issues by Priest (featuring Rhodey, Junta, Josiah X and Kasper Cole) not the more recent second attempt by Coates that didn't really grasp the feel/flavour of Priest's series IMHO
    You're right. Mad at myself for forgetting it.

Only seven issues, and pretty much all setup. I would've loved to have seen what Priest had in mind for further stories.

Junta, Kasper Cole, and Josiah X are all characters I immediately found intriguing, and I hope future writers continue to use them. They all have such potential.

-Pav, who would love to see Josiah in some kind of Secret Avengers team...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details